ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What Does Matt Cassel Mean To You?
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:48 PM 04-09-2020
Hey guys, long time no see.

Raiders fans are turning on Carr.

So I was wondering how long does it take before anger at a former QB disappears?

Thus, the question.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:57 AM 08-14-2020
Some of you younger guys feel about Casshole like I felt about Bill Kenney in the 1980s. He ruined....RUINED....ten years of my Chiefs life. At least Casshole got us a home playoff game. And yes, he was awful after he got gun shy and happy feet.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:04 AM 08-14-2020
My backup QB in my current Madden franchise wears #7.

Constant triggering when he fires his blunderbuss in preseason games.

I bet he doesn't last one contract after Mahomie retires.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:04 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Some of you younger guys feel about Casshole like I felt about Bill Kenney in the 1980s. He ruined....RUINED....ten years of my Chiefs life. At least Casshole got us a home playoff game. And yes, he was awful after he got gun shy and happy feet.

IIRC his pocket presence and footwork were light years better his first year than subsequent years. I think Weiss had him coached up to his full potential and he just steadily regressed here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:15 AM 08-14-2020
I've determined that the anger goes away when you draft the greatest quarterback in the game's history. So it may be a while for Oakland.

In fairness, though, there's no comparison between Carr and Cassel. Carr is an also-ran, but Cassel was a complete and utter disaster (who also cost a higher draft pick than Carr).
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:15 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
IIRC his pocket presence and footwork were light years better his first year than subsequent years. I think Weiss had him coached up to his full potential and he just steadily regressed here.

Casshole got happy feet and turned into checkdown charlie after he got beat up a bunch from our awful offensive line. Eric Winston had a man crush on him though...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:19 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl420:

Weis knew exactly who he was and put together a game plan around his weaknesses. That plan however blew to smithereens with any hint of an opposing pass rush.

After Weis, you just had coaches who had no idea how to plan around his limitations.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:20 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The CLANANANING sound from the goalposts is one of the best parts of that fail Mary.

This series is one of the worst I have ever seen. Wow. My mind blocked just how terrible this era was. https://youtu.be/zcly1mNUFD0
It was even capped with the hilarious "shut the fuck up" to the crowd booing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 08-14-2020
Stumbled onto this picture:

This seriously reminds me of my 2 year old after he uses the toilet. The flex and the goofy-ass grin and everything.

Seriously - look at this picture and imagine him yelling "I GO PEEPEE ON THE POTTY!!!" It works.

Fucking hell Matt Cassel was a goober.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:30 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Some of you assholes are acting like you hated the trade.

Do I need to bump the “Carl Peterson Part Deux” thread to remind everyone?

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...rson+part+deux
It was nice to be on the right side of that one.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:58 AM 08-14-2020
Fun fact! Mark Castles has played in more playoff games than either Carr brother and he also has a better win % than either one of the Carr Bros. Vroom vroom!

Our shittiest QB in the last 30+ years has a better winning percentage than the Raiders best QB since Rich fucking Gannon and probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in your history!

How does that make you feel?
[Reply]
crispystl 11:00 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Weis knew exactly who he was and put together a game plan around his weaknesses. That plan however blew to smithereens with any hint of an opposing pass rush.

After Weis, you just had coaches who had no idea how to plan around his limitations.

Yeah that’s my take as well.

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:05 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Fun fact! Mark Castles has played in more playoff games than either Carr brother and he also has a better win % than either one of the Carr Bros. Vroom vroom!

Our shittiest QB in the last 30+ years has a better winning percentage than the Raiders best QB since Rich ****ing Gannon and probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in your history!

How does that make you feel?

[Reply]
lcarus 11:09 AM 08-14-2020
Matt Cassel was one of the most important players in franchise history. That era was exactly what this franchise needed to shitcan everyone and start anew instead of trudging along with retread QBs and dipshit coaches, just praying for 8-8 to keep the fans in the stands. Cassel throwing 25 yard hail marys, Pioli bitching about candy wrappers, Jovan Belcher, interim head coach Romeo Crennel beating the unbeaten Packers to win the job and then failing miserably at it. It all led to where we are now.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:26 AM 08-14-2020
Whats Mark Castle mean to me? * takes a drag off a cigarette

I was just a kid fresh out of high school when pioli torpedo'd the franchise with that sack of shit. I, like many had so much hope, the patriot way was here. It hadnt set franchises back for a decade yet at that point. I convinced myself he just needed a line, weapons, and a better coordinator until a week one ass raping by the falcons. Thats when i knew things were bad bad, he was the face of failure, he made me root for Brady fucking Quinn for petes sake.
[Reply]
rico 11:31 AM 08-14-2020
When I hear the name “Cassel,” I just get the feeling of being repetitively insulted... Like, that staff, for years tried convincing us that Matt Cassel (shudder) was an excusable QB and it was a constant insult. Like, how on Earth did they expect people to actually believe that?! Constant insults.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up