That’s teh geha.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:41 AM 07-17-2021
Next we're the Kansas City "Football Team"
[Reply]
Flying High D 02:53 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Next we're the Kansas City "Football Team"
Arrowhead removed from the helmet and as a symbol of the team.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:57 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Arrowhead removed from the helmet and as a symbol of the team.
What?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:03 AM 07-17-2021
The shelves of TP are emptying fast!
[Reply]
lcarus 05:50 AM 07-17-2021
Put the sign back up. Get the band back together. And play the Gary Glitter song after touchdowns. God damn it!
[Reply]
JD10367 06:23 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Put the sign back up. Get the band back together. And play the Gary Glitter song after touchdowns. God damn it!
I'm as "woke" as any leftist. I'm all for removing derogatory names. Washington was derogatory ("Redskins"). Cleveland's baseball team is questionable, since only white people call them "Indians", but the old Indians mascot was DEFINITELY derogatory. But Atlanta Braves and Kansas City Chiefs are not derogatory, they are celebratory. The names should stay, as should "Arrowhead" (which has nothing derogatory about it at all). That stupid-ass chanting and tomahawk chop, though, that's pretty bad.

Now, Gary Glitter, on the other hand, was a child molester. So, yeah, let's not go with that one.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:28 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I'm as "woke" as any leftist. I'm all for removing derogatory names. Washington was derogatory ("Redskins"). Cleveland's baseball team is questionable, since only white people call them "Indians", but the old Indians mascot was DEFINITELY derogatory. But Atlanta Braves and Kansas City Chiefs are not derogatory, they are celebratory. The names should stay, as should "Arrowhead" (which has nothing derogatory about it at all). That stupid-ass chanting and tomahawk chop, though, that's pretty bad.

Now, Gary Glitter, on the other hand, was a child molester. So, yeah, let's not go with that one.
Gary Glitter is a dirtbag for sure, but there's other versions of that song that used to be played. People could "MeToo" every other rock and rap artist that have songs played in arenas, grocery stores, bars, and everywhere else music is played in public. As long as the song itself is ok, I don't really see the problem. 99% of people probably don't even know who Gary Glitter is when they hear that song.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:35 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Gary Glitter is a dirtbag for sure, but there's other versions of that song that used to be played. People could "MeToo" every other rock and rap artist that have songs played in arenas, grocery stores, bars, and everywhere else music is played in public. As long as the song itself is ok, I don't really see the problem. 99% of people probably don't even know who Gary Glitter is when they hear that song.
yep - I believe they played this at AFH back in the 80s...

[Reply]
R Clark 10:49 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by JD10367:

I guess I am asleep? Cause I damn sure not woke ,this whole country needs a kick in the nuts.jacking around with chiefs or arrowhead names deserve a double kick to the nuts.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:52 AM 07-17-2021
It's a business, a business to make money. Two Super Bowls in a row, they are going to maximize the opportunity to cash in.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:12 AM 07-17-2021
Nothing is sacred anymore.

Glad I have the memories.

Arrowhead..or what was once Arrowhead is now more like seeing a game in a Correctional facility than a stadium.

People have gotten to big for their own britches.
[Reply]
TEX 07:51 AM 07-17-2021
I thought just the naming rights to the field were sold? Meaning it would be GEHA Field at ARROWHEAD Stadium...
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 08:48 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
I thought just the naming rights to the field were sold? Meaning it would be GEHA Field at ARROWHEAD Stadium...
It will be just like Molesto at Pilehigh.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:17 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Which is probably why they took the sign down. To add the GEHA part or some sort of redesign. If it were for "woke" reasons, I'm sure it would be all over the news, probably even nationally.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up