ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Shout Out
kccrow 04:04 PM 04-21-2023
Cheers, to the guys that really make this board better. You're my alphas baby. Thanks.

staylor26
DJ's left nut
The Franchise
Titty Meat
Gloucester Chief
MahomesMagic
Kellerfox
BossChief
Chief Northman
Direckshun
chiefscafan
duncan_idaho
Rain Man
O.City
TambaBerry
Shoes
Chargem
Detoxing
Couch-Potato
Mecca
kcbubb
htismage
Nightfyre
Wilson8
Megatron96
kozzman555
Hoover
Dunerdr
Dante84
Chris Meck
Coogs
JPH83
Abba-Dabba
RealSNR
JohnnyHammersticks
Toad
Bowser
Chief Roundup
CatfishBob2
RunKC
Buehler455
Hog's Gone Fishin'
saphojunkie
Wisconsin Chief
IowaHawkeyeChief
displacedMN
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:54 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why am I crossed out? What the ass?
The fact it took you that long to figure it out is telling.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:57 AM 04-24-2023
I always remember how much the vast majority of the board hated the draft talk when the team was terrible.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:00 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I always remember how much the vast majority of the board hated the draft talk when the team was terrible.
That was because we would be screaming out prospects that they should draft....and then they wouldn't. And then said prospects would go on to be good players while we drafted complete trash.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:01 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That was because we would be screaming out prospects that they should draft....and then they wouldn't. And then said prospects would go on to be good players while we drafted complete trash.
There was actually no more frustrating time than the Pioli era, when a team has a completely different philosophy than you it's difficult.

I mean Peterson sucked but he picked like he didn't even try.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 04-24-2023
There was actually no more frustrating time than the Pioli era, when a team has a completely different philosophy than you it's difficult.

I mean Peterson sucked but he picked like he didn't even try.
I've mentioned this before but about 7-8 years ago I was pretty content taking my hand off the wheel for this very reason.

It became apparent to me that, even if they don't always execute the plan the same way I would, this front office shared an identical philosophy to me and man, that makes things so much easier.

I contrast them to the Blues who simply don't share my philosphy on hockey - but y'know, they won a Cup with this 'sandpaper' shit that Armstrong and Berube love. Still means that I'm gonna be less content with anything they do, though. Even when hindsight says they executed their plan perfectly.

Then there are the Cardinals, who neither share my philosophy nor are they particularly good at executing their own.

But yeah - just having an organization that you are on the same page with is nice. My buddy is a die hard '3 yards and a cloud of dust' guy and he just wrings his hand over some of this stuff much in the same way as I used to do under Herm and Pioli. Because even when they get it right - you hate what they're building either way.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:55 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've mentioned this before but about 7-8 years ago I was pretty content taking my hand off the wheel for this very reason.

It became apparent to me that, even if they don't always execute the plan the same way I would, this front office shared an identical philosophy to me and man, that makes things so much easier.

I contrast them to the Blues who simply don't share my philosphy on hockey - but y'know, they won a Cup with this 'sandpaper' shit that Armstrong and Berube love. Still means that I'm gonna be less content with anything they do, though. Even when hindsight says they executed their plan perfectly.

Then there are the Cardinals, who neither share my philosophy nor are they particularly good at executing their own.

But yeah - just having an organization that you are on the same page with is nice. My buddy is a die hard '3 yards and a cloud of dust' guy and he just wrings his hand over some of this stuff much in the same way as I used to do under Herm and Pioli. Because even when they get it right - you hate what they're building either way.
How many times in the last couple of years have the Chiefs done something or hadn't done something, and you say to yourself: "man, I don't know why they did it that way, but they have a plan and it's going to work."

Doesn't stop me from criticizing and talking about it, but that's the general sense I get.

Like: if the Chiefs take a tackle in the first round this year, I think it's a mistake. But it means Reid sees something, and I'm good with that.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:05 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
How many times in the last couple of years have the Chiefs done something or hadn't done something, and you say to yourself: "man, I don't know why they did it that way, but they have a plan and it's going to work."

Doesn't stop me from criticizing and talking about it, but that's the general sense I get.

Like: if the Chiefs take a tackle in the first round this year, I think it's a mistake. But it means Reid sees something, and I'm good with that.
When the Chiefs literally draft the guy I would in like the 4th round I know I can relax, me and STaylor were talking about Sneed in the draft thread and they took him it was like man stuff like that is so nice.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Right.

Even a pick I didn't like - Moore - is one that demonstrated a plan that I absolutely loved. Using the draft to build a deep, talented, cost-controlled WR corps in an era where WR contracts seem likely to explode to untenable levels.

It was a great plan and even when I didn't agree with the execution of it, it at least provides some comfort knowing that the plan is sound and they'll keep at it - sooner or later they'll get it right.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:08 AM 04-24-2023
When the Chiefs literally draft the guy I would in like the 4th round I know I can relax, me and STaylor were talking about Sneed in the draft thread and they took him it was like man stuff like that is so nice.
Yep. It was Joshua Williams for me.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:56 PM 04-24-2023

Nice, I wasn't on him at all.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:29 AM 04-30-2023
Thanks again, guys.

I'm checking out for a while or until the mods do something about all the trolls and complete assholes, whichever I feel is best.

I think staylor, boss and direckshun know where I'll be.

Peace.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:34 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Thanks again, guys.

I'm checking out for a while or until the mods do something about all the trolls and complete assholes, whichever I feel is best.

I think staylor, boss and direckshun know where I'll be.

Peace.
Asshole. I see how it is.

Take a break though. It's pretty fucking dead and pointless from now until camp anyways. I'll probably be checking out here or there until it ramps back up again.

Awesome job again on all of your breakdowns.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:11 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Ah, for the days of 'Hamas' and his Motherfuck You Scott Pioli thread(s).
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:18 PM 04-30-2023
Thanks Crow it was alot of fun talking prospects & at times debating disagreements on a player.

Let's do it again next year yeah?
[Reply]
JPH83 01:20 AM 05-01-2023
Thanks again Crow, I've enjoyed the last few weeks here of hearing people's thoughts on prospects. Especially ones I'd never heard of, lots of which you'd brought to my attention.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up