ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 57
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:38 PM 04-22-2023
Damn this looks awesome! Looks as tense and full of dread like 30 Days of Night. Def going to see it.

[Reply]
SAGA45 07:21 AM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:

8.5 of 10

Balls to the wall horror eye candy, I might even rate it higher had it not been opening night in a packed theater that serves alcohol.
I agree and will give it a 9/10 for you. Somehow they captured the essence of the original films and blended it perfectly with modern sound, gore and makeup effects. The cinematography was excellent! The young cast members did an impressive job and the mother was perfectly cast. Tension was consistent throughout, a testament to the script.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 11:39 AM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I agree and will give it a 9/10 for you. Somehow they captured the essence of the original films and blended it perfectly with modern sound, gore and makeup effects. The cinematography was excellent! The young cast members did an impressive job and the mother was perfectly cast. Tension was consistent throughout, a testament to the script.

Saw it last night….good flick, agree with everything that’s been said so far. Lots of gore, lots of fun, and some nice tips of the cap to the original while still being original in this story.
[Reply]
Otter 04-26-2023, 12:35 PM
This message has been deleted by Otter.
Otter 04-26-2023, 12:59 PM
This message has been deleted by Otter.
Jenson71 04:44 PM 05-13-2023
Rumors are that the Exorcist Believer trailer is terrifying, but a screening of the movie went horribly - too long and not scary.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:07 PM 05-23-2023
Watched The Pope's Exorcist. The movie had potential but goddamn the writing sucked.

Not even the awesomeness of Russel Crowe could save this one. Crowe was his usual awesome self.

The writing/script was just....fucking stupid.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:24 AM 05-25-2023
Watched “the dare” recently….really well done with a great performance from the main baddie.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:33 AM 05-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Watched “the dare” recently….really well done with a great performance from the main baddie.
I watched this last night based on your recommendation

Not bad, not bad at all
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:33 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I watched this last night based on your recommendation

Not bad, not bad at all
Glad you liked it!

Watched "knock at the cabin door" a few nights later, and really enjoyed that as well.

doesnt have a massive twist like some of M Night's movies, but very solid nonetheless.

The premise is what drew me in, and it didnt disappoint.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:42 PM 05-30-2023
Fucking A, I hated Knock at the Cabin Door. Maybe my expectations were just off.

If you’re looking for horror, that one is not it, just FYI.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:37 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Fucking A, I hated Knock at the Cabin Door. Maybe my expectations were just off.

If you’re looking for horror, that one is not it, just FYI.

Yeah it’s not really horror….more suspense/thriller.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:04 PM 05-31-2023
Caught this movie called Tin and Tina on Netflix last night. Completely out of the blue, random pick.

Yeah, it's in spanish. Subtitle that bitch.

It's such an odd, yet interesting movie that i had to post it. It won't be for everyone.

If you like foreign horror that's more odd/creepy/disturbing rather than jump scares and gore, check this one out.

The movie was captivating for reasons i can't really explain.

In summary, a newly wed woman miscarries on her wedding day. The couple then goes and adopts two kids from a catholic orphanage.

The kids border between sweet and innocent and religiously psychotic. Movie does a great job of blurring that line so you're left guessing if these kids are psychopaths or just naive and zealously religious.

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:45 AM 06-03-2023
Despite some obvious plot holes, I thoroughly enjoyed The Black Phone

Thought it was stylized nicely and felt like something fresh in the genre
[Reply]
DJJasonp 11:07 AM 06-07-2023
Im not a Peele fanboy (I think his first film is good, but not nearly as good as the press make it out to be).

But Nope was god-awful. I understand the symbolism, and all that, but it was characters I didnt care about, and a "bad guy" I wasnt afraid of.

Basically a much more boring "jaws" in the sky.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:18 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Im not a Peele fanboy (I think his first film is good, but not nearly as good as the press make it out to be).

But Nope was god-awful. I understand the symbolism, and all that, but it was characters I didnt care about, and a "bad guy" I wasnt afraid of.

Basically a much more boring "jaws" in the sky.
Meet me behind the George Brett statue.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:17 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Meet me behind the George Brett statue.
LOL. did you really enjoy Nope?
[Reply]
Page 49 of 57
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Up