ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Carolina really traded it all for this
RunKC 10:00 PM 05-21-2023
I can’t believe how tiny this guy is. At least Russell Wilson had a thick body frame. Bryce is short and lanky.

this just can’t work. I’m sorry pic.twitter.com/8RAezziWv0

— justice for kevin love (@LakeEffectBro) May 20, 2023

[Reply]
kccrow 04:46 AM 11-28-2023
https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-fi...on-in-carolina

LOL.

Though I'd take Staley as RB coach and move Pinkston to WR coach... since they both actually played those positions under Reid...
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 11-28-2023
They're pretty much fucked and Young is gonna have to gut out another shit year.

Unless they just start trading off defensive pieces....which you know what that means.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:01 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They're pretty much fucked and Young is gonna have to gut out another shit year.

Unless they just start trading off defensive pieces....which you know what that means.
if i were them i’d trade off their defensive pieces and reinvest the assets in the offense

you’ve kinda gotta go all in w young at this point. trade burns for a first and get one of those 20s wrs.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:03 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

"Take my draft picks!"
[Reply]
kccrow 10:26 AM 11-28-2023
I do agree they probably need to unload Burns and get a 1st back. He probably nets at least a 1st and 2nd round pick, if not two 1s.

I can't see a new HC wanting to sign off on sticking with Young. There is nothing there to really hang your hat on. And, they really don't have to saddle themselves to Young with the modern rookie salary cap. Yeah, you made a mistake and might have to give up an asset to reset the draft capital, but it's not the end of the world. I'd probably try to position myself in the middle of the 1st in trading Burns to make a move for Bo Nix... but they might be stupid and stick with Young another year.

A realistic play for them is to use their cap space to get one of the top vets at WR, like Tee Higgins, to give whoever is the young QB a consistent target.

If they do insist on sticking with Young, maybe making a move for a LT in 1 and moving Ekwonu inside to OG is the best strategy. Use your high 2nd on a replacement for Burns at ER, then go get a slot WR or TE in the 3rd.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I do agree they probably need to unload Burns and get a 1st back. He probably nets at least a 1st and 2nd round pick, if not two 1s.

I can't see a new HC wanting to sign off on sticking with Young. There is nothing there to really hang your hat on. And, they really don't have to saddle themselves to Young with the modern rookie salary cap. Yeah, you made a mistake and might have to give up an asset to reset the draft capital, but it's not the end of the world. I'd probably try to position myself in the middle of the 1st in trading Burns to make a move for Bo Nix... but they might be stupid and stick with Young another year.

A realistic play for them is to use their cap space to get one of the top vets at WR, like Tee Higgins, to give whoever is the young QB a consistent target.

If they do insist on sticking with Young, maybe making a move for a LT in 1 and moving Ekwonu inside to OG is the best strategy. Use your high 2nd on a replacement for Burns at ER, then go get a slot WR or TE in the 3rd.
They've fucked the Burns situation up so bad, but yeah they need to trade him.

I might make a call on Derrick Brown if they wanna move him for some picks.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:54 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:

yeah, if I'm them I'm looking for cornerstone guys that aren't going to immediately win you games. You know you're not going to win enough to get anywhere.

Meaning, a LT, basically. Draft a bunch of OL. Build yourself a wall and try for a QB in '25.

Never mind. Totally spaced that they actually gave up their #1 for that midget.

LOL.

YOU'RE FUCKED!

LOL
[Reply]
staylor26 08:24 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah, if I'm them I'm looking for cornerstone guys that aren't going to immediately win you games. You know you're not going to win enough to get anywhere.

Meaning, a LT, basically. Draft a bunch of OL. Build yourself a wall and try for a QB in '25.

Never mind. Totally spaced that they actually gave up their #1 for that midget.

LOL.

YOU'RE FUCKED!

LOL
*The Broncos make the worst trade ever for a QB*

Panthers one year later: Hold my beer!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:25 PM 11-28-2023
The Panthers basically chose Young over Stroud AND Caleb/Maye.

Think about that for a second.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:17 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
if i were them i’d trade off their defensive pieces and reinvest the assets in the offense

you’ve kinda gotta go all in w young at this point. trade burns for a first and get one of those 20s wrs.
Don't throw good money after bad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:49 AM 11-29-2023
Just remember - they did this the year AFTER they took Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral in the 3rd. He will never play an NFL game even as a backup. He and Logan Bruss are the only guys taken before the 6th round that year who have never played an NFL game and at least Bruss is on a practice squad.

Corral is just...gone. Cut by the Panthers after a year on IR, signed by the Patriots, had some sort of mental thing and is just out of the league altogether.

The capital they've thrown at the QB position is pretty hilarious to STILL have smashed ass at the position.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:31 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just remember - they did this the year AFTER they took Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral in the 3rd. He will never play an NFL game even as a backup. He and Logan Bruss are the only guys taken before the 6th round that year who have never played an NFL game and at least Bruss is on a practice squad.

Corral is just...gone. Cut by the Panthers after a year on IR, signed by the Patriots, had some sort of mental thing and is just out of the league altogether.

The capital they've thrown at the QB position is pretty hilarious to STILL have smashed ass at the position.
Yea, that's bad. They're absolutely the worst organization in football right now.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:47 PM 11-29-2023
If they drafted Stroud they'd definitely be the 4th seed. They'd have cruised to a divisional title with the talent on that team.

All of the people I work with in Raleigh are so miserable. They know the biggest problem can't be fired. I truly feel bad for them.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:08 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If they drafted Stroud they'd definitely be the 4th seed. They'd have cruised to a divisional title with the talent on that team.

All of the people I work with in Raleigh are so miserable. They know the biggest problem can't be fired. I truly feel bad for them.
Eh I'm not so sure about that.

They have some talent on defense, but the offense is very meh.

I don't think Stroud has the success he has had in Houston there. He'd definitely be better than Young, but the 4th seed? That's a reach.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 11-29-2023
Yeah, Houston has 3 WRs that are better than anything Carolina has to offer. They have a better OL and better running game as well. Hell, they look better at TE also.

Take the QB out of the equation and Houston still smokes Carolina across the board.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up