ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 352
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:01 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Same. And if it's not for the greedy fucking cable/satellite providers and so forth, my greedy fucking ISP has a data cap, so if I streamed everything I would just end up paying those assholes more in the process.
Look at the conversation you started. This is now the Cox vs. AT&T thread! :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:08 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Data caps are evil. Having sat on the board of a small ISP, the actual bandwidth/data part is the cheapest part of being an ISP. The cost difference for the ISP if you use 700 GB or 1,000 GB is negligible.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:17 AM 12-09-2021
Playing these mid majors is boring..... Bandwidth War > Border War.

Can't wait for the Stephen F Austin game to talk about a sports school.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:19 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Data caps are evil. Having sat on the board of a small ISP, the actual bandwidth/data part is the cheapest part of being an ISP. The cost difference for the ISP if you use 700 GB or 1,000 GB is negligible.
Oh, I completely agree with you. With Cox, I do & don't have a cap..... they basically said you can get up to XXXX GB included, anything over we'll charge you $XX.XX per 100 GB. My kids were going so far over it - like this month we are at 1,489 GB for the month - that it was cheaper to just pay $50 a month for unlimited.

Which, you are right, that's charging for something that doesn't really cost much - but, then I don't have to worry about overage charges & being throttled.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:21 AM 12-09-2021
Oh, I completely agree with you. With Cox, I do & don't have a cap..... they basically said you can get up to XXXX GB included, anything over we'll charge you $XX.XX per 100 GB. My kids were going so far over it - like this month we are at 1,489 GB for the month - that it was cheaper to just pay $50 a month for unlimited.

Which, you are right, that's charging for something that doesn't really cost much - but, then I don't have to worry about overage charges & being throttled.
Which is crazy. I could see doing it if they were your only option.

I get HBO Max included with my ATT Fiber, Gig speeds, and no cap. $60/month, and they'll send you $300 in Visa gift cards for making the switch.

Maybe Cox is better other places, but in Wichita, they are terrible.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:27 AM 12-09-2021

Damn, mine is $65/month for the 700GB... think it starts at maybe $55 for 500 or 600. Hell, TWC in KC was $60 and didn't have data caps or threats of slow downs, so the fact Cox has caps and unlimited is so cheap is a no brainer, even given any bundling.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:27 AM 12-09-2021
Can we send this to the media center and create a new KU basketball thread?

/asking a friend and the Jayhawks nation as a whole.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:29 AM 12-09-2021
I have pioneer fiber and OEC fiber at the house.

Pioneer is 1gb for the house.

Oec is 1gb at the shop for the DCS sim and Golf Sim.

Okay now back to basketball discussions?

Only reason we’re struggling is because Braun /KCC.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:35 AM 12-09-2021
Damn, mine is $65/month for the 700GB... think it starts at maybe $55 for 500 or 600. Hell, TWC in KC was $60 and didn't have data caps or threats of slow downs, so the fact Cox has caps and unlimited is so cheap is a no brainer, even given any bundling.
Just looked at my bill - my base is $75 for 1,280 GB for Gig speed. So basically I pay $125 for unlimited. We are routinely double the amount of data usage so I really have no issue paying it. Especially since I use it for work as well so my business covers a portion of it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:38 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Maybe Cox is better other places, but in Wichita, they are terrible.
I'm just west of you in Hutch - maybe it's the smaller market.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:38 AM 12-09-2021
Just looked at my bill - my base is $75 for 1,280 GB for Gig speed. So basically I pay $125 for unlimited. We are routinely double the amount of data usage so I really have no issue paying it. Especially since I use it for work as well so my business covers a portion of it.
That's quite a bit better than their pricing was here when I left them. They wanted $125 for gig service, and a 1 TB cap.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:41 AM 12-09-2021
Ah, makes more sense... was actually wondering if you were meaning it was +$50 on top of their base package, or else high speed internet with a cap for less than $50 would be pretty damn nice.

Get into your router and see if you can cap bandwidth on your kids' devices or block them entirely.... then tell them what you pay and that life is expensive, so pay up to be unblocked.

Profit.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:42 AM 12-09-2021
Ah, makes more sense... was actually wondering if you were meaning it was +$50 on top of their base package, or else high speed internet with a cap for less than $50 would be pretty damn nice.

Get into your router and see if you can cap bandwidth on your kids' devices or block them entirely.... then tell them what you pay and that life is expensive, so pay up to be unblocked.

Profit.
It won't matter once we all move into your spare bedroom.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:10 PM 12-13-2021
Big12 in the AP

#1 Baylor
#7 Kansas
#11 Iowa State
#17 Texas
#25 Tech
[Reply]
BWillie 04:17 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Big12 in the AP