ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 51
« First < 384445464748 495051 >
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
Sure-Oz 11:43 AM 03-05-2020
@HBO: Look for the light.

@clmazin and @Neil_Druckmann to develop the series adaptation of #TheLastOfUs, coming soon to HBO: http://itsh.bo/thelastofus https://twitter.com/HBO/status/12356...572032/video/1

The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

MARCH 05, 2020 9:30AMby*Borys Kit, Patrick Shanley

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series*Chernobyl,*is reteaming with HBO adapt*The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.
In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and in association with PlayStation Productions and it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Originally launched in 2013, Sony and Naughty Dog’s*The Last of Us*garnered critical praise for its engrossing tale of the post-apocalypse centered on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be a key to a cure for the deadly pandemic.
Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival. The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel,*The Last of Us Part II, which will release on May 29, 2020.
Mazin, who is said to be an avid player of the game, stated, “Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and*The Last of Us*is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I’m so honored to do it in partnership with Neil.”
“From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of*The Last of Us,” said Druckmann in a statement. “With*Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn’t think of better partners to bring the story of*The Last of Us*to life as a television show.”
Last of Us*won numerous “game of the year” awards and went on to sell more than 17 million copies across both its original release on the PlayStation 3 and a remastered version on the PlayStation 4.
“This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to partner with Craig, Neil, Carolyn and the teams at Sony, Naughty Dog and PlayStation to bring the virtual world of this acclaimed game to life,” stated HBO programming president Casey Bloys.
“This is the first of many shows we intend to develop with our friends at PlayStation Productions,” said Chris Parnell, co-president of Sony Pictures Television Studios.*The Last of Us*is a brilliant achievement in storytelling and character development, and we are lucky to have the opportunity to work with this team to adapt it.”
Druckmann is a longtime vet of Naughty Dog, starting as a programming intern in 2004. In 2007, he was given the role of game designer on*Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the first installment in the action adventure series. In 2013, he created*The Last of Us, based on a concept he developed as a student at Carnegie Mellon University.
Mazin’s*Chernobyl*tackled a bleak and complex true-life event and became a must-see show for HBO. The show won an Emmy for outstanding limited series and landed one for Mazin for outstanding writing. Mazin also won a PGA and a WGA Award.

Holy shit this is gonna be awesome.
[Reply]
Fish 09:04 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They worded that weird as fuck. Just glancing over the headline made me think that she wasn't going to be back.
Fucking hell, I should have read the article. I totally thought that meant they weren't bringing her back. My bad, drunk post.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:32 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
I would be pissed if they did change it.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:35 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Lmao. Cool story bro.

Spoiler!

It's gonna be a shitshow.
Are you Angry Joe?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:05 AM 03-17-2023
Can't wait for the fan backlash when Druckmann serves up that middle finger he served the fans who waited 7 years for the game and advertised just Joel and Ellie. He can't very well change it either, because to do so, he would have to admit that his approach was wrong. His ego simply will not allow it.

After all, this is the guy who said the fans don't matter.

It won't be as long of a wait, and there are resources fans can find to see what happens, so it wont be as catastrophic as when it came out of nowhere, but if this series follows the game and Druckmann insists he's right, people are gonna get PISSED.

He had an opportunity in the finale to make a change, to introduce a certain character, to give some context, but he stuck to how the game ended. Not a good sign.

This was a golden opportunity to introduce said character, so she's not just coming out of nowhere in the next chapter, but Druckmann is too busy huffing his own anal vapor to understand what's coming.
I think you missed the point in part 2

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:17 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Spoiler!
That's true. Legitimate training is probably is short supply in the apocalypse.

Still funny that a dude who looks like he uses meth recreationally got the lucky hit that almost took him out but a bunch of dudes with ARs who know he's on the prowl had no such luck.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 09:44 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They worded that weird as fuck. Just glancing over the headline made me think that she wasn't going to be back.
Same, that was worded really poorly
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:58 AM 03-17-2023
The cool story bro is really rich with the amount of butt hurt in that spoiler, bro.
You're obviously one of the plebs that either doesn't care when a character just immediately and inexplicably goes against everything that makes this character who they are, or isn't smart enough to recognize it happened, and you spend half of your time consuming this media wiping a tendril of drool from your bubbling lips.

You and those suffering terminal stupidity alongside you, are Neil Druckmann's target audience.

Enjoy.
[Reply]
dmahurin 10:02 AM 03-17-2023
You're obviously one of the plebs that either doesn't care when a character just immediately and inexplicably goes against everything that makes this character who they are, or isn't smart enough to recognize it happened, and you spend half of your time consuming this media wiping a tendril of drool from your bubbling lips.

You and those suffering terminal stupidity alongside you, are Neil Druckmann's target audience.

Enjoy.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:06 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I think you missed the point in part 2

Spoiler!
Great.

So make it happen in a believable way.

Not this script.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dmahurin 10:10 AM 03-17-2023
Great.

So make it happen in a believable way.

Not this script.
Spoiler!
If that's what you got out of the character development over the course of the first game and the the portion of game leading up to the incident combined with the unfolding story of the remainder of the game, ok, there's no point in discussing it any further really.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:13 AM 03-17-2023
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:14 AM 03-17-2023
ok, there's no point in discussing it any further really.
No shit. Smartest thing you've posted in a while. Baby steps.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:05 PM 03-17-2023
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:29 PM 03-17-2023
Holy shit. Leaks for season 2 just came out.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dmahurin 01:37 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 48 of 51
« First < 384445464748 495051 >
Up