ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 198 of 200
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
-King- 04:11 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Jordan let's quit in my prime because I was going to get suspended for gambling.
Lol you actually believe that theory?

No it wasn't the fact that he had already won 3 rings and his baseball loving dad just got murdered. Nope...it was that he was going to be suspended if he stayed in the league. Perfect sense.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:29 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:

No it wasn't the fact that he had already won 3 rings and his baseball loving dad just got murdered. Nope...it was that he was going to be suspended if he stayed in the league. Perfect sense.
“After the Bulls won their third championship, the NBA launched an investigation into Jordan's gambling problems to check whether he had violated any league rules. Then, four months later Jordan stunned the world by suddenly retiring from professional basketball.

At the press conference when he was asked if he would ever return he said, " Five years down the road, if the urge comes back, if the Bulls will have me, if David Stern lets me back in the league, I may come back."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ret-suspension
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:50 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
“After the Bulls won their third championship, the NBA launched an investigation into Jordan's gambling problems to check whether he had violated any league rules. Then, four months later Jordan stunned the world by suddenly retiring from professional basketball.

At the press conference when he was asked if he would ever return he said, " Five years down the road, if the urge comes back, if the Bulls will have me, if David Stern lets me back in the league, I may come back."

MJ was clearly joking.

Here we go with the conspiracy theorists who probably believe aliens aducted them and did sexual experiments on their bodies.

'The National Basketball Association's investigation into Michael Jordan's gambling activities has been completed, and Commissioner David Stern said Friday there was "absolutely no evidence Jordan violated league rules."

Stern previously said there was "absolutely no connection" between the investigation, conducted by former federal Judge Frederick Lacey, and Jordan's sudden retirement from pro basketball Wednesday.'

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...080-story.html
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:54 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by NWTF:
Thats certain. They basically hired Kidd as HC in waiting before interviewing for the current HC position. I dont know how great or not so great Vogel will be, but hes on an island out there, and will have to hit the ground running. Lebron wanted Kidd on staff and I guess the Lakers were impressed enough to make him the highest paid assistant. Vogel wont last long.
Kidd leaves and the Bucks go from the fringe of the playoffs to best record in the NBA. He's garbage.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:18 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yeah..I think your right. Chemistry is actually a valuable thing to have as the Spurs showed us in their title run while beating that Heat super team by about 20 a game in the finals.
Chemistry is a thing, but the spurs won dick last season with “chemistry.”
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:19 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How did OKC have Durant, Westbrook and Harden and never win a title??
Add ibaka to that mix. Had they not traded harden, they would have won. Presti didn’t want a title.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:28 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Add ibaka to that mix. Had they not traded harden, they would have won. Presti didn’t want a title.
It wasn't Presti, it was Clay Bennett.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:48 PM 07-07-2019

Taco John mult?
[Reply]
-King- 05:51 PM 07-07-2019

He had a gambling problem but as long as he wasn't gambling on his NBA games, NBA couldn't suspend him. And what would the point of suspending him but keeping it a secret be?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:53 PM 07-07-2019
He had a gambling problem but as long as he wasn't gambling on his NBA games, NBA couldn't suspend him. And what would the point of suspending him but keeping it a secret be?
Exactly. Guy wants to gamble his life away who cares? As long as he isnt betting against the Bulls and then throwing games I dont see what the big deal is. it's his money and gambling is legal.

Worked out for him, guys a certified billionaire...
[Reply]
BWillie 06:06 PM 07-07-2019

Thats exactly what happened. And, there has been much speculation that his dad was murdered because Jordan had tons of unpaid gambling debt. Jordan is lucky they didnt have social media back then
[Reply]
-King- 06:27 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Thats exactly what happened. And, there has been much speculation that his dad was murdered because Jordan had tons of unpaid gambling debt. Jordan is lucky they didnt have social media back then
Jordans dad got murdered because he decided to sleep in a Mercedes Jordan bought him on the side of the highway.

Sometimes things are as simple as they seem.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:34 PM 07-07-2019
Jordans dad got murdered because he decided to sleep in a Mercedes Jordan bought him on the side of the highway.

Sometimes things are as simple as they seem.
Conspiracy theorists like to think there is a conspiracy behind practically anything as long as it fits their agenda.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:50 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
:-)
[Reply]
jerryaldini 12:46 AM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Not sure how westbrook Paul and harden all work together. I'm guessing Paul gets traded?
Rockets are in desperation mode having missed on Butler. Clearly at this stage CP3 doesn't get it done for them and could see them trading him and his bad contract with picks to take their chances pairing Westbrook with Harden before the window is closed. Those two are friends and the Dantoni system could suit Westbrook if Harden is willing.
[Reply]
Page 198 of 200
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200 >
Up