Jonathan Mingo
Quentin Johnston TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
O.city 02:39 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
His release isn't great but the body is there to get better at it.

Contrast that to say, Mims, who's just too damn lean, IMO. Rice is in a similar boat to Perry - both guys appear to me to have the physical skills to be good off the line but definitely have work to do.

And yeah, that's a concern given that we still don't appear to have a 'man-beater' in this WR room.

I think that's why some folks are so high on Flowers and Downs; they do appear to be guys who can get open quickly and put pressure on DBs to get back into the play.
Isn't that supposed to be Skyy's MO?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:43 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Isn't that supposed to be Skyy's MO?
That's what they say...
[Reply]
RunKC 02:59 PM 04-10-2023
Yikes. A 7.31 3 cone? Yeah…I’m gonna say pass
[Reply]
JPH83 03:28 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not shocking.

Said it waaay back and I stand by it. It's not a good year for WRs. It's deep, but it's "meh he looks like he might have something" deep, not much to get pumped about in the 1st round. I still hope we go DE and WR first 2.
[Reply]
Big TT 03:52 PM 04-10-2023
JAYLIN HYATT please
[Reply]
Mecca 03:59 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Said it waaay back and I stand by it. It's not a good year for WRs. It's deep, but it's "meh he looks like he might have something" deep, not much to get pumped about in the 1st round. I still hope we go DE and WR first 2.
That's kinda misleading every year there aren't 32 players with 1st round grades there's like 18-22.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:27 PM 04-10-2023
Just because it's not top heavy doesn't mean you're not going to get potentially great players in there. It just means there's not consensus blue chippers. There will absolutely be a few really good recievers in this group. Just like a lot of years, those consensus blue chippers bust.

It just means there are questions about some of these guys, and for some of them, landing in the right situation will be important to their development.

Hey, lucky us! We have a hall of fame offensive mastermind for a coach and the best QB to ever suit up! I'd say that's a good situation for just about any of 'em.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:10 PM 04-10-2023
Yeah the good news with the question marks around WRs is that if we do go with one at 31 it might be WR3 where in most years that would be WR 5 or 6 to choose from.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:24 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's kinda misleading every year there aren't 32 players with 1st round grades there's like 18-22.
I don’t see how you can look at the WR’s after JSN and Flowers (Dallas is all over him as well as Patriots) and come to the conclusion that the DL, OL and other prospects that will be there aren’t better
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 06:29 PM 04-10-2023
I'd either trade up for Flowers or go elsewhere in the 1st
[Reply]
staylor26 06:30 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t see how you can look at the WR’s after JSN and Flowers (Dallas is all over him as well as Patriots) and come to the conclusion that the DL, OL and other prospects that will be there aren’t better
How many times does gaming the draft have to be explained?
[Reply]
JPH83 11:25 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Sure but plenty of years there's 3-5 guys you feel good about as R1 talents. There isn't this year.
[Reply]
Best22 11:56 PM 04-10-2023
Still feel we need to add one of these receivers

I’d like a better prospect but if a good DE is available we should get them. We draft so late that a “2nd round receiver” will be gone before we even pick.
[Reply]
O.city 07:32 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Just because it's not top heavy doesn't mean you're not going to get potentially great players in there. It just means there's not consensus blue chippers. There will absolutely be a few really good recievers in this group. Just like a lot of years, those consensus blue chippers bust.

It just means there are questions about some of these guys, and for some of them, landing in the right situation will be important to their development.

Hey, lucky us! We have a hall of fame offensive mastermind for a coach and the best QB to ever suit up! I'd say that's a good situation for just about any of 'em.
Nah, it's more that most of the guys in this draft at WR are #2 type guys or more depth type WR's. Which is fine, but it is what it is.
[Reply]
Toad 08:20 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Great point. Personally, I believe that is half the battle regardless of position.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 34
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up