ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 3903
« First < 26667273747576 77787980861261765761076 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRichard 05:27 AM 03-09-2020
I posted this in the DC thread already...

Originally Posted by :
What a ****ing douche... Guy breaks self quarantine to go attend a dance with his daughter and now they are closing the school for the time being. What a selfish ****ing prick.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/famil...elf-quarantine

[Reply]
Fish 08:49 AM 03-09-2020

[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:25 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
First case of communal transmission in IL. 60 yr old man in serious condition.

Got the suspended domestic travel, everyone work from home email from work.
Some of our offices received the everyone work from home email today. The other sales offices are "use your best judgement" for going to the office or customer meetings. Use virtual meetings if possible.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:27 AM 03-09-2020
KU Med admitted a patient on Saturday.

https://www.kcur.org/post/university...virus#stream/0
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:29 AM 03-09-2020

BREAKING: A D.C. priest has Coronavirus. He offered communion and shook hands with more than 500 worshippers last week and on February 24th. All worshippers who visited the Christ Church in Georgetown must self-quarantine. Church is cancelled for the first time since the 1800's

— Sam Sweeney (@SweeneyABC) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 09:35 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Jesus.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:53 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Why are you referring to Covid-19 as a version of the flu?
One of our own CP's Mom's has been exposed to the virus. Is now having cold/flu symptoms. I post a reassuring positive post and this is your takeaway?

Originally Posted by DaFace:
In terms of symptoms and severity of illness, it's somewhere around the level of a really bad flu outbreak.
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Sure, but it's not "a flu".
Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I think correctly naming things is important.

There may be some shared symptoms with influenza, but as for severity of illness we still have a lot to learn.
We are having layman conversations in here. I already had this happen in this thread. I said the virus can cause a increased body temperature. Got taken to task. The body increases your temperature in reaction to the virus, not the virus increases your temp. WTF?

Maybe we can not argue over every little thing. We are not in a Doctors conference.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:54 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Jesus.
This keeps happening because a big chunk of the country still thinks this is just like the flu.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:56 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
There are scumbags and then there are real scumbags.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/televan...us-1202876625/

Televangelist Jim Bakker Ordered By Attorney General To Stop Selling Fake Cure For Coronavirus

Whatever televangelist Jim Bakker is selling, the New York Attorney General ain’t buying.
Lisa Landau, Chief of the Health Care Bureau, gave The Jim Bakker Show 10 days to comply with a cease-and-desist letter that tells him to stop touting an alleged cure for the coronavirus. The letter was sent Thursday to Bakker’s office and cited a Feb. 12 episode of his show that claimed a Silver Solution sold on his website would be a preventative against the coronavirus...……………..
Based on the article (video) he never claimed whatever silver product he is selling is a cure. He said it was a tool. If you or they have any proof he said it was a cure it would be great before making wild accusations. What he is selling is probably a colloidal silver product but even that is unclear. There are a lot of tools in keeping your immunity up.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:02 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Jesus.
will protect them from getting the coronavirus.
[Reply]
srvy 10:04 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
One of our own CP's Mom's has been exposed to the virus. Is now having cold/flu symptoms. I post a reassuring positive post and this is your takeaway?

We are having layman conversations in here. I already had this happen in this thread. I said the virus can cause a increased body temperature. Got taken to task. The body increases your temperature in reaction to the virus, not the virus increases your temp. WTF?

Maybe we can not argue over every little thing. We are not in a Doctors conference.
Good God could you get more dramatic. He said his mother would get tested and that they don't work in the same area and haven't come in contact with the carrier. Nowhere at all did he say she had been exposed. Just taking precautions.

Talk about sky is falling.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:11 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Good God could you get more dramatic. He said his mother would get tested and that they don't work in the same area and haven't come in contact with the carrier. Nowhere at all did he say she had been exposed. Just taking precautions.

Talk about sky is falling.
This is what I'm talking about. You guys need to chill.

She is a nurse. Works in the same place where a confirmed cornavirus patient was getting care. Is now having cold/flu symptoms. How does any human being not worry about their family member in that situation? How is that being dramatic?
[Reply]
FD 10:16 AM 03-09-2020
Starting to feel like this isn't actually a "hoax" after all.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:17 AM 03-09-2020
FYI, my mom's fever has subsided but her cough hasn't.

Docs want her to come in for swabbing regardless of the fact that she seems to be recovering a bit this morning.

Hoping it's just a seasonal bug, but...

My wife had Adenovirus a few months ago. Cannot imagine this being worse than that. It was actually fairly common in the metro this year and man...that shit put her down for 2 weeks. Developed Pneumonia from it too.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:17 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by FD:
Starting to feel like this isn't actually a "hoax" after all.
Never really was, tho
[Reply]
Page 76 of 3903
« First < 26667273747576 77787980861261765761076 > Last »
Up