ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 140
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 06:10 AM 04-24-2019
Everyone has been taught that draft picks and cap space are more valuable than players, hence the reaction.
[Reply]
Sfeihc 06:25 AM 04-24-2019
Great move by Veach. Rookies usually suck but in time can develop. Frank Clark is the best fit for DE in this scheme that was available.
Veach isn't done yet. Hard to imagine him staying put on Friday and making the picks.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:30 AM 04-24-2019
Look at a guy like Tak McKinnley—he’s probably the most realistic level of talent you might get at DE picking late in the first round. And he’s decent, but he hasn’t been a true difference maker yet in his first two seasons.

Do not want something like that.
[Reply]
nychief 06:33 AM 04-24-2019
Ppl who fetishize late first rnd picks are idiots. Ppl who worry about spending billionaire’s money, also idiots.

Outside of the character concerns, this is a win for the chiefs.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:35 AM 04-24-2019
This trade will look better tomorrow when Ferrell and all these other good edge rushers fly off the board in the top half of the first rd.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:36 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This trade will look better tomorrow when Ferrell and all these other good edge rushers fly off the board in the top half of the first rd.

And will look even better if someone trades up in the first to get one of them...
[Reply]
Mecca 06:36 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Look at a guy like Tak McKinnley—he’s probably the most realistic level of talent you might get at DE picking late in the first round. And he’s decent, but he hasn’t been a true difference maker yet in his first two seasons.

Do not want something like that.
Like was said before in this thread, doing what the Chiefs are doing, you see that they want it.

The worst thing to be is the Colts, you have a solid team, a bunch of money and all you are doing is standing there with your dick in your hand.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:37 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And will look even better if someone trades up in the first to get one of them...
Yea cause they'll give up more than we did......if you don't like the trade it really has nothing to do with anything other than the money. Or just wanting to draft a guy instead.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:41 AM 04-24-2019
Still not on Chiefs.com...why does it take them so long?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:41 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If this trade hadn’t happened, our plan probably would have been something like this:

Trade up from 29 to 15-20ish range. Surrender 2nd round pick (possibly this year). No 3rd round swap like they got from Seattle.

Then they’d likely have taken someone like Ferrell, Murphy, etc.... guys we like but we have zero idea if they’ll actually be any good.

So it really just comes down to how much you value having a proven commodity for a higher salary compared to a completely unproven player for a cheaper salary. Because I don’t think the draft pick compensation would have been all that different.

If they had stayed at 29, they’d be rolling the dice big time as it relates to getting a big time contribution in 2019 from a player.
A bit of an oversimplification. It's not whether anyone wants Clark and a first round pick. It's that we could have had a first and second round pick + $20m to spend elsewhere (since we seem intent on spending aggressively, which I love). People keep saying our first round pick needs to be a home run. It doesn't. Quality depth is huge especially with how much money we will have sunk into superstars. I think the question most people are asking is, why didn't we instead make a serious run at a guy like Landon Collins where we could have saved the pick? Why does it seem like the Chiefs constantly miss free agents and instead overpay in trades?

I've made peace with the trade because we have a badass mofo now on defense. But a few years from now when we have holes all over the team and no money to spend, that 1 or 2 average players will have come in handy.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:43 AM 04-24-2019
Why are some of you talking like we’re not going to have any draft picks for the next two years?

We still have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds for the next two drafts.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:44 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea cause they'll give up more than we did......if you don't like the trade it really has nothing to do with anything other than the money. Or just wanting to draft a guy instead.

I don’t like adding another guy with domestic violence history. That part sucks. The football side is gold, IMO.

His level of offense doesn’t rise to that of Hill, but it still bothers me.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:44 AM 04-24-2019
Has anyone mentioned that Frank and Mack have similar numbers over the past 3 years?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fie...sacks-pressure
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:45 AM 04-24-2019
Also, the Chiefs are now toeing the line between whether we're going to be a balanced team or an offense powerhouse. We're putting a LOT of faith in Spags to turn this defense around. Because with a trade like this and all the money we've spent on D this offseason, our defense better not be average. It better be really, really good. If Spags turns out to be just an average DC, I'd rather give him a lot of decent players instead of huge investments in a few superstars. This offseason it looks like we'll spend, what, over $65-70M on defense?
[Reply]
Mecca 06:46 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
A bit of an oversimplification. It's not whether anyone wants Clark and a first round pick. It's that we could have had a first and second round pick + $20m to spend elsewhere (since we seem intent on spending aggressively, which I love). People keep saying our first round pick needs to be a home run. It doesn't. Quality depth is huge especially with how much money we will have sunk into superstars. I think the question most people are asking is, why didn't we instead make a serious run at a guy like Landon Collins where we could have saved the pick? Why does it seem like the Chiefs constantly miss free agents and instead overpay in trades?

I've made peace with the trade because we have a badass mofo now on defense. But a few years from now when we have holes all over the team and no money to spend, that 1 or 2 average players will have come in handy.
Frank Clark is undoubtedly one of the best young dends in the game...Collins is not that. Also the Chiefs are about a million times more likely to find a starting safety in this draft than they were an end.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 140
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109 > Last »
Up