ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 974 of 2693
« First < 474874924964970971972973974 9759769779789841024107414741974 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:45 AM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"Pat is a man of focus....commitment...sheer will"

I'm not sure how Clay can pull that together, but he's gotten damn good at it. The voice modulator work is pretty damn funny. I gotta figure he can get some good John Wick action in here.

If John Wick can kill three men in a bar with a pencil, Pat can do it with a bowl of peanuts; just firing nuts through their skulls and what not.

LOL, I'm fixated naming Mahomes Showtime because it pisses off Golden Tate and Lions Fans

Thus, I like to name Tyreek The Boogeyman because he's a " Bad Man"
[Reply]
FAX 09:46 AM 09-14-2018
It's death by peanut.

FAX
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM 09-14-2018
https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uplo...Chiefs.mp4?_=5

Not exactly sure how to embed that video because it's from the Athletic. I hope everyone has access to it because it shows an interesting wrinkle that I don't think any of us noticed on that TD slant to Hill.

We got just a little lucky there.

Watch James break on the route Watkins is running into the flat. Now he's a read key there - if he breaks on the flat, Mahomes goes to the slant. And that's what happens so at full speed it looks perfect. Now slow it down - Mahomes was going slant before James gave any indication where he was headed.

That was a coin-flip scenario. If James hadn't gone flat but rather sinks on the slant, that ball hits him square in the chest. I don't think Mahomes had a chance to read where James was going - I think he just saw some space and hoped James didn't go back into it.

Now there's a chance that Mahomes used his eyes to draw him to the flat before throwing the slant - but I don't see it there. Looks like he just gets his eyes up and lets it fly. There's also a chance that he saw something in James eyes that told him that he was going to the flats before James body did, but man that's some pretty advanced shit.

I think what we had there is a combination of unreal natural ability, a massive set of juevos and just enough luck. It's possible that the next team that finds themselves in that spot makes sure the safety doesn't take the route in the flat but rather sinks down on that slant. It will be up to Mahomes to recognize that possibility and hit the guy in the flat if needed.
[Reply]
FAX 09:49 AM 09-14-2018
Mahomes discussed this. He saw it. He saw the linebacker close on the run and the James break to the flat. They'd run that play in practice and it had been covered by the scout team the same way (all according to Mahomes).

He saw it. It wasn't luck.

EDIT: Oh ... and this is important. If we're talking about the same play, Mahomes said Sammy was actually his first read.

FAX
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:51 AM 09-14-2018
This whole experience is just so new to me. I can't keep up with all the hype pieces. There's just so freakin' much i feel like im falling behind. And WTF? how could that happen? How could i possibly fall behind reading hype articles on a Chiefs Qb?

I have to step up my game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 AM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Mahomes discussed this. He saw it. He saw the linebacker close on the run and the James break to the flat. They'd run that play in practice and it had been covered by the scout team the same way (all according to Mahomes).

He saw it. It wasn't luck.

EDIT: Oh ... and this is important. If we're talking about the same play, Mahomes said Sammy was actually his first read.

FAX
Hadn't heard that - appreciate the insight.

I just don't see how he could've seen James break - he was triggering well before he did. The only thing I can figure is that James was square to the line of scrimmage so it's one of those 'if he's even, he's leavin' sort of things with Hill. If James doesn't have his hips turned already when Hill draws even with him, there's no way he can keep up. So even if James made the slant read, the time it took him to turn his hips would've been enough to keep him from closing up the space that Hill found because Hill's just too damn fast.

I also don't see how he can possibly claim to have made a 'first read' on Watkins there. He never looked that way and had he done so, he'd have gotten flattened before he had a chance to get to Hill. That all happened way to fast for him to get to his 2nd read since the interior blocking collapsed.

Eh, no worries. I just wouldn't imagine that teams are gonna make that mistake again. No way they let Hill have any open space anymore - he can just defeat angles way too quickly.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 AM 09-14-2018
Well crap - y'know what? He might have no-looked that thing. As I freeze that video during his windup, he does sure seem to be looking at Watkins as he's delivering. So maybe he did put a read on Watkins, use his eyes to draw James and then put a friggen seed over the middle while getting hit and throwing side arm.

Shit...I'm erect again...
[Reply]
Pablo 10:00 AM 09-14-2018
Well crap - y'know what? He might have no-looked that thing. As I freeze that video during his windup, he does sure seem to be looking at Watkins as he's delivering. So maybe he did put a read on Watkins, use his eyes to draw James and then put a friggen seed over the middle while getting hit and throwing side arm.

His dad said on a facebook post that he no looked that TD pass to Reek.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:01 AM 09-14-2018
Yup - looks that way.

That's as he's getting hit and the ball's coming out. Pretty definitely looking at Watkins there, isn't he?

Fuuuuuuu*******.
[Reply]
FAX 10:06 AM 09-14-2018
Yeah, that's the play we're both talking about.

And the one that Mahomes was referencing. He said he saw the defense moving the same way they had scouted it. According to Mahomes (if you want to believe him), Sammy was the first read. He took Tyreek on the slant because he'd seen the same reaction by the D in practice. He also said that Tyreek had caught it a couple times in practice and they were both comfortable with the concept.

FAX
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:07 AM 09-14-2018
As if the offense isn’t hard enough to defend as is...

We also have a QB who can accurately throw the ball while looking/facing elsewhere. :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 10:08 AM 09-14-2018
We are going to win Superbowls with this guy. I'm just certain of it. We are coming into the golden age of Chiefs fandom.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:09 AM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

We also have a QB who can accurately throw the ball while looking/facing elsewhere. :-)
Like Magic Johnson which was a part of basketball's Showtime
[Reply]
DRM08 10:09 AM 09-14-2018

I believe it was a no-look or quasi no-look throw. Seemed like all the Charger guys were surprised at where the ball went. I assume his eyes made them think it would be going somewhere other than Tyreek’s slant.
[Reply]
FAX 10:16 AM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Which is why the skill players need to wake the hell up and play to the whistle. Tyreek is doing it (so is Conley), but they all have to. Every snap.

I don't think Kelce and Sammy have gotten there yet ... but I'm confident they will. With Mahomes, no one knows where the ball is going when a play is extended, broken down, or the first read is covered ... it's as true for the offense as it is for the enemy D.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 974 of 2693
« First < 474874924964970971972973974 9759769779789841024107414741974 > Last »
Up