6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
BWillie 10:33 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@Shauncore: Kumar Rocker, Royals Mocker.

"...they’ll see the player he was more recently (low-90s, living off of pitch execution, fourth starter look) as his floor, with the upside that he returns to (and sustains) peak form as better than their other options" https://twitter.com/fangraphs/status...96000979861508

Wonder what's up with the decreased velocity?
Hold on, Chiefsplanet has told me that Kumar Rocker is the next Cy Young. The next Randy Johnson. There are zero pitchers in the last 40 years coming out of the draft that are better.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07-06-2021, 10:45 AM
This message has been deleted by Chiefspants.
Mama Hip Rockets 11:32 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This is exactly the shit I’m talking about with Matheny and Eldred.

Inexcusable that Minor wasn’t prepped with that information and shows Eldred’s laziness and ineffectiveness starkly. (And honestly Grifol’s too, Perez should know that when gameplan ing for the series).

Matheny’s pitcher management in the 7th was also garbage. I know Minor’s pitch count was down, but to let Minor go out and face the middle of the lineup a 3rd time was just stupid.

Letting him face a second batter after giving up the bomb to Casty was stupid.

Letting him not only walk that batter but then walk another before making a move to the pen was stupid.

Matheny. Stupid.

But coaching/managing doesn’t matter!
I agree with this, but doesn't Minor need to be held accountable too? Why is he "taking a pitch off"? Shouldn't he have some familiarity with the tendencies of the hitters? If he's "taking a pitch off," shouldn't it be out of the zone at least?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:52 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
I agree with this, but doesn't Minor need to be held accountable too? Why is he "taking a pitch off"? Shouldn't he have some familiarity with the tendencies of the hitters? If he's "taking a pitch off," shouldn't it be out of the zone at least?

Absolutely. Comes back to the pitcher room and how accountability is being set and adhered to.

Again, the pitching coach is influential in that. Sets the tone.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:19 PM 07-06-2021
Matheny and Eldred need to go. I fear, however, that the problem is systemic. I mean we haven't developed any frontline talent in a very long time. Inexcusable considering we pick near the top of each round all the damned time.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 04:49 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Matheny and Eldred need to go. I fear, however, that the problem is systemic. I mean we haven't developed any frontline talent in a very long time. Inexcusable considering we pick near the top of each round all the damned time.
Which puts the cause of the issue directly in the lap of Dayton Moore.

The rest is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:08 PM 07-06-2021

They really struggled once the draft slot went into place. Combine that with some bad injury luck (Zimmer and Mondesi) and making trades (goodbye Manaea, Finnegan) and dropping a pick for signing FA, and there go the 2011-2016 first round slots.

They adjusted the draft strategy after the 2015 disaster (Russell-Watson-Griffin). The 17 draft and 18 draft and 19 draft all have strong returns. They’ve switched up the hitting and pitching development philosophies. Help is on the way/close on the position side (Witt, Melendez, Pratto, Isbel, Rudy Martin should all get cracks at everyday roles in 21 or 22). The pitching wave is starting to arrive.

But they need to adjust to avoid wasting it all.

Eldred
Matheny
Bradway

All of those guys gotta go.

Moore’s personnel department needs a makeover, too. They’ve made good adjustments in the draft recently but some fresh blood can’t hurt, IMO. I’d hate to see Picollo just promoted to GM.

The next 12-18 months will be a good test for John Sherman. I expect Moore to go to bat for his guys and keep Matheny in place, and for Eldred and Bradway to pay for it.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 05:15 PM 07-06-2021
If Sherman doesn't clean house after this season, we're probably fooked.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:43 PM 07-06-2021
The players on the team have given up. They don't believe in Matheney or Eldred at this point.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:45 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They really struggled once the draft slot went into place. Combine that with some bad injury luck (Zimmer and Mondesi) and making trades (goodbye Manaea, Finnegan) and dropping a pick for signing FA, and there go the 2011-2016 first round slots.

They adjusted the draft strategy after the 2015 disaster (Russell-Watson-Griffin). The 17 draft and 18 draft and 19 draft all have strong returns. They’ve switched up the hitting and pitching development philosophies. Help is on the way/close on the position side (Witt, Melendez, Pratto, Isbel, Rudy Martin should all get cracks at everyday roles in 21 or 22). The pitching wave is starting to arrive.

But they need to adjust to avoid wasting it all.

Eldred
Matheny
Bradway

All of those guys gotta go.

Moore’s personnel department needs a makeover, too. They’ve made good adjustments in the draft recently but some fresh blood can’t hurt, IMO. I’d hate to see Picollo just promoted to GM.

The next 12-18 months will be a good test for John Sherman. I expect Moore to go to bat for his guys and keep Matheny in place, and for Eldred and Bradway to pay for it.
This remains a disaster I expect Matheny back unless Sherman says fuck all
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:36 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
If Sherman doesn't clean house after this season, we're probably fooked.
Yep. This off season is Sherman’s time to shine or lose me for awhile.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:45 PM 07-06-2021
This team is booty Cheeks
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07-06-2021, 08:51 PM
This message has been deleted by Chiefspants.
ChiefsCountry 09:25 PM 07-06-2021
Royals are cock teasing in the 9th.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:28 PM 07-06-2021
Matheny going with Soler instead of Alberto when we need a hit to RF?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:30 PM 07-06-2021
Soler PH :-)
[Reply]
cookster50 09:30 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Matheny going with Soler instead of Alberto when we need a hit to RF?
Dumbest sentence of the year. "Now pinch hitting, Jorge Soler."
[Reply]
Page 223 of 440
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Up