Page 62 of 112
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:55 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh I agree - you definitely don't do it next season.

If you can't get Brown on a reasonable LTC, you tag him and he's still your LT next year while you look for Niang to improve or a find a viable developmental replacement in the draft.

Next season Brown has to be your LT unless shit really goes south after you tag him. In which case you bring Fisher back.

But you can't just plug Niang in at LT in 2022 and hope for the best. That'll go pretty poorly.
I quit worrying about Brown several weeks ago, he's beginning to fit in enough that Veach slapping the tag on him is the only move to make... it buys money, time for evaluation, and stability
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:19 PM 01-27-2022
Chiefs forced four stops on defense.

1. Ingram
2. Bolton
3. Bolton
4. Reed

Veach did JUST ENOUGH this offseason and in-season on defense to win this game.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:27 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I quit worrying about Brown several weeks ago, he's beginning to fit in enough that Veach slapping the tag on him is the only move to make... it buys money, time for evaluation, and stability
Buys more monetary room for 2022 (where KC needs it) if you get the extension.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:29 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs forced four stops on defense.

1. Ingram
2. Bolton
3. Bolton
4. Reed

Veach did JUST ENOUGH this offseason and in-season on defense to win this game.
Yeah plus the defense wasn't even his primary focus. It was rebuilding the offensive line from the ground up. Which turned out to be amazing. Dudes done well.

And i bitch about taking Clyde over other RBs almost as much as anyone. But Clyde still has a role in this offense just based on his skillset. He played really great against Buffalo.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:30 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
That looks like a solid plan
Except there's zero chance Mathieu plays a single snap under the franchise tag. Literally zero.

Unless they really want to piss him off and/or try to trade him, that would be a bad idea.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:36 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Except there's zero chance Mathieu plays a single snap under the franchise tag. Literally zero.

Unless they really want to piss him off and/or try to trade him, that would be a bad idea.
Yeah, there's really no sense in talking about tagging Mathieu. He'd lose his goddamn mind and do everything in his power to salt the earth.

If you're going to tag a safety, send a late pick New Orleans way for Marcus Williams. He might actually play under the tag for a year as he'd still be young enough to get a good LTC afterwards.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:42 PM 01-27-2022
He’s going to build the greatest offense the world has ever seen and will likely ever see again.

Watch him load up on top level WRs and an elite RB to pair with Clyde this offseason through FA (Michael Thomas after he’s released for cap reasons) and the draft (not sure on best fits/raw talent yet to suggest names).

He’s going to bolster this offense in an attempt to destroy every record ever set and to make the offense completely unstoppable.

The work he’s going to do this offseason is going to make it seem like forever because we will all be licking our chops to watch them play together.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:50 PM 01-27-2022
I honestly think they'll let HB walk and draft a safety. They'll pretend to work to sign him, but the numbers simply won't work.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:51 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Niang has a looong way to go to even prove he's a good and dependable RT, let alone a LT... I'd be scared to DEATH rolling with him on 15's blindside next season
You'd be comfortable with a late 1st round rookie protecting 15's blindside, though?

That's the issue. Do you want to flush your 1st rounder down the toilet on a tackle just to save money all because you perceive Brown to not be good enough, or would you rather just plug in Niang and address some other positions?

Yes, I know there are far more and better options out there than just those two. I'm saying which one I'd prefer.

The Chiefs spent draft stock on Brown. And it wasn't like a 6th rounder or piddle shit like that. It was a lot of stuff that could have been used elsewhere. It behooves us to make Brown work as much as we can rather than wasting MORE draft stock on a potential downgrade from him all so we can save a buck or two.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:54 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He’s going to build the greatest offense the world has ever seen and will likely ever see again.

Watch him load up on top level WRs and an elite RB to pair with Clyde this offseason through FA (Michael Thomas after he’s released for cap reasons) and the draft (not sure on best fits/raw talent yet to suggest names).

He’s going to bolster this offense in an attempt to destroy every record ever set and to make the offense completely unstoppable.

The work he’s going to do this offseason is going to make it seem like forever because we will all be licking our chops to watch them play together.
Please no to Thomas.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:23 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Please no to Thomas.
Seconded. We don't want Michael Thomas.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:46 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Seconded. We don't want Michael Thomas.
Why wouldn’t we? I know he was a bit of a butt regarding timing of surgery, but we don’t know everything about that situation and he would come in fully healed and with fresh legs.

Good luck to defenses defending our offense with him across from Hill.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:57 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Why wouldn’t we? I know he was a bit of a butt regarding timing of surgery, but we don’t know everything about that situation and he would come in fully healed and with fresh legs.

Good luck to defenses defending our offense with him across from Hill.
Because we still have to sign Brown Jr., hopefully Tyreek, as well as Ward. Only so much money to go around. Thomas makes WR1 money. This team can't afford to take that on, and especially for a WR who is developing a reputation as a diva and malcontent. He would be option #3 here. Not sure how he would take that, nor would it be smart to pay his salary to be that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:05 PM 01-27-2022
I'd just take Smith Schuster and be done with it. Should come relatively cheap and has the potential to be a monster in this offence being the 3rd option.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:00 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Because we still have to sign Brown Jr., hopefully Tyreek, as well as Ward. Only so much money to go around. Thomas makes WR1 money. This team can't afford to take that on, and especially for a WR who is developing a reputation as a diva and malcontent. He would be option #3 here. Not sure how he would take that, nor would it be smart to pay his salary to be that.
I’m going off the assumption Thomas will come at a discount because of his concerns, but that our team would refocus him like he was in NO while Brees was his QB. MT had 5512 yards and 32 touchdowns in his first 4 seasons and he’s 29 years old.

He’s also going to get cut, so signing him won’t count against the comp pick formula in an offseason we will likely lose a few guys that net us comp picks.

If we could get him on a reasonable deal, he would put the offense in GOD mode.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 112
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up