ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 71
« First < 18586465666768 697071 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:26 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
It cracks me up that we have a bunch of hard asses that talk shit on every player when they fuck up. But if a player tweets an opinion on the fans or about another player, it's pearl clutching time.
When it comes to him slamming the fans I was definitely not pleased, and I dare say the majority of this board took exception to his remarks... and it wasn't about being a hardass

But something like this where he simply had some words of support for another teams player?

Its nothing at all, people are simply reading too much into it
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:42 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Not a chance in hell of that happening.

We cant keep everyone. Clark being cut money goes to Mahomes. We don't have a bunch of money laying around. Hill's contract is looming.

Hard choices are going to have to be made. We are going to lose players we don't want to lose starting next year because even Veach cant use smoke and mirrors to keep everyone.
As long as we keep Reek' and Brown, I'm good. Pay the offense and draft the defense. That's the only way I see fit.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:53 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Mahomes isn't going to get any more money than they have already accounted for.
Orlando Brown will. Tyreek Hill will. Tyrann Mathieu will (if he is re-signed).

They can cut Clark and Hitchens to free up space but they are going to have to replace Clark with someone. We saw how bad this defense was when we were getting 0 pressure on the QB. Mathieu being in the backfield didn't do a damn thing in preventing a historically bad defense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:01 PM 11-20-2021
HB made a fool of himself trying to defend a teammate. No real harm nor foul as he owned it and apologized.

Some people really need to just move on.
[Reply]
ghak99 03:10 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
HB made a fool of himself trying to defend a teammate. No real harm nor foul as he owned it and apologized.

He did not apologize.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:15 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

He didn't own and apologize for anything, and even if he had he still needs to be the first guy not re-signed. It's really too bad he wasn't traded before the deadline. This toxic fan in this most toxic fanbase does not approve of him any longer.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:29 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
He didn't own and apologize for anything, and even if he had he still needs to be the first guy not re-signed. It's really too bad he wasn't traded before the deadline. This toxic fan in this most toxic fanbase does not approve of him any longer.
Originally Posted by jd1020:
He did not apologize.
Saying you made a mistake and shouldn't have said it and you were wrong is an apology.
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

[Reply]
jd1020 05:32 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Saying you made a mistake and shouldn't have said it and you were wrong is an apology.
An apology for what? Saying the fans might be the most toxic in all of sports? Or simply using twitter to say it?
[Reply]
eDave 05:34 PM 11-20-2021
It's a veritable blizzard of snowflakes in here. Pretty alpha.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:34 PM 11-20-2021
I've pretty much let it go, but the issue is he apologized for the word choice and said he was frustrated. He didn't walk back his outrageous remark about the toxicity of the fanbase. His remarks didn't correct that claim, only apologized for writing it publicly.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:38 PM 11-20-2021
We're good, Tyrann. My job is stressful sometimes, too.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:51 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
An apology for what? Saying the fans might be the most toxic in all of sports? Or simply using twitter to say it?
You cant read I see.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:52 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I've pretty much let it go, but the issue is he apologized for the word choice and said he was frustrated. He didn't walk back his outrageous remark about the toxicity of the fanbase. His remarks didn't correct that claim, only apologized for writing it publicly.
Precisely.

He never apologized to the fan base for calling out the fan base as toxic. All he really said is he used a bad choice of words? Bad for his image maybe, but it doesn't change how he feels. I can't quite understand how people are so forgiving for that?

The money in his pockets is from all of us, yet we're toxic. We're toxic for calling out underperforming players? I'd have hated to see him in New England during their run of dominance. I'd hate to see him in New York or Philly. The KC fanbase has been one of the most loyal and supportive in sports. My fuck you to Tyrann is as big as his fuck you was to us.

I honestly hope he and Hitchens ride the first bus out of town together after the season is over and aren't back.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:53 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Exactly this.

And the whole part about painting a clear picture about wanting to be here? Seriously? Did he forget about his Jamal Adams tirade where not only did he say he was insulted but that what is best for his family comes first? I have nothing wrong with that at all, but if thats a clear picture of wanting to be here and nowhere else then his definition of clear seems to be muddy.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:58 PM 11-20-2021
You cant read I see.
I can't?

"I was frustrated." "I made a mistake." "I shouldn't have used those words." "I was wrong."

Care to point out the part where he apologized to the fans?

His entire statement was an explanation for how he got to the point of saying what he said. He never once actually apologized to the fans for saying it. I'm not even saying he has to apologize for it or that he owes it to the fans to apologize. I'm simply saying he did not do it. This is the 2nd team he's been on that he's attacked the fans. Its pretty clear that he believes that fans don't have a right to criticize him or his team when they are playing like shit.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 71
« First < 18586465666768 697071 >
Up