ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 242 of 367
« First < 142192232238239240241242 243244245246252292342 > Last »
The Lounge>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Detoxing 01:19 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yep.

I wish they were getting more production from Watkins and Clark but they aren't unique to the NFL.

Guys sign huge contracts all the time and rarely live up to them.
Sammy has likely already injured himself off the roster for next season. It's just not a sustainable model, especially when Mahomes comes due.

It works now because Mahomes is just so goddamn special. Luckily for the Chiefs, Mahomes, Kelce and Hill are living up to their contracts, carrying Clark and Watkins dead weight.

I wanna see both guys on the team in 3 years. I like em both. Love Clark's attitude and demeanor. I hope to see that production go up because at this rate he's going to play himself off the team.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:21 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sammy has likely already injured himself off the roster for next season. It's just not a sustainable model, especially when Mahomes comes due.
I don't know how Watkins garners a contract worth more than $4 million per season because he just can't stay healthy and he'll be 28 years old before next season.

His health hasn't really affected the Chiefs negatively because of Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and now CEH but his lack of production would be a killer to a bottom tier team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
True. BUT dude stepped it up BIG TIME in the Playoffs last season.
It wasn't just the playoffs.

Prior to the games he missed with injury (weeks 1-7), he had 3 sacks and 5 TFL.

After returning (weeks 10-17), he had 5 sacks and 7 TFL.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:24 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It wasn't just the playoffs.

Prior to the games he missed with injury (weeks 1-7), he had 3 sacks and 5 TFL.

After returning (weeks 10-17), he had 5 sacks and 7 TFL.
Which begs the question: Is he playing through injury?

It was pretty clear that Schwartz was playing through injury before going on IR because his quality of play dropped significantly.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Clark is playing through injury as well although I think that the lack of a decent pass rusher opposite him is why his numbers are down this season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:27 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Which begs the question: Is he playing through injury?

It was pretty clear that Schwartz was playing through injury before going on IR because his quality of play dropped significantly.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Clark is playing through injury as well.
That could very well be true.

But then we're back at the Dee Ford issue. He's getting paid top 5 money. He's got to be healthy and available.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:31 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That could very well be true.

But then we're back at the Dee Ford issue. He's getting paid top 5 money. He's got to be healthy and available.

:-)
And Dee Ford has been mostly invisible as well.

One game, one tackle for Ford in 2020.

It's a bummer that Clark hasn't lived up to expectations so far this season but even so, it hasn't been a dealbreaker.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:49 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yep.

I wish they were getting more production from Watkins and Clark but they aren't unique to the NFL.

Guys sign huge contracts all the time and rarely live up to them.
I’m fine with Watkins production in relation to his contract. Clark is another story.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:59 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
I’m fine with Watkins production in relation to his contract. Clark is another story.
Dude, really?

1,452 yards over 2.5 seasons?

They're paying him $27,548 dollars per yard.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:04 PM 12-01-2020
Watkins is the same as Clark. Showed up in the playoffs. Didn’t do dick in the regular season. Gets paid way too much.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:22 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Watkins is the same as Clark. Showed up in the playoffs. Didn’t do dick in the regular season. Gets paid way too much.
Yea and Clark is at least available during the season for the most part.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:30 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea and Clark is at least available during the season for the most part.
And invisible when he plays, Sammy makes the offense more dangerous when he’s playing.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:32 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
And invisible when he plays, Sammy makes the offense more dangerous when he’s playing.
Clark, while obviously not nearly enough, has made more plays simply by being available.

If you don’t think this defense would be significantly worse without Clark, then you’re clueless.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:51 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Clark, while obviously not nearly enough, has made more plays simply by being available.

If you don’t think this defense would be significantly worse without Clark, then you’re clueless.
Color me clueless, “significantly worse” I’m not seeing it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:53 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Color me clueless, “significantly worse” I’m not seeing it.
Review Chiefs season 2018 . . .
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:07 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Color me clueless, “significantly worse” I’m not seeing it.
2018 says "hello".
[Reply]
Page 242 of 367
« First < 142192232238239240241242 243244245246252292342 > Last »
Up