ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1055 of 1203
« First < 555559551005104510511052105310541055 1056105710581059106511051155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Pablo 06:33 PM 12-05-2020
^^^That looks amazing.

Glad that rub is good, I think next time I'm at ACE(yeah, that's where I buy my rubs!) I'll grab some.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:35 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
^^^That looks amazing.

Glad that rub is good, I think next time I'm at ACE(yeah, that's where I buy my rubs!) I'll grab some.
Definitely recommend it and thanks for the Meat Church rub rec earlier this week. It's bold and a little goes a long way. Could see a lesser timed cut getting overwhelmed with it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:44 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Tex-Mex affair tonight with a smoked then reversed seared tri-tip and elote casserole

That's broiled cotija cheese on the elotes

Also trying out a (new to me) Meat Church beef rub, which turned out great

* pro-tip, use Fritos to scoop up them elotes
** only cilantro'd the half of the elotes we planned to eat tonight

That looks fucking amazing. I’ve been hesitant to try branded rubs because the ones that I’ve gotten before (we’ll call them Walmart type rubs - Weber McCormick etc) but I bought some from How to BBQ right (Malcom Reed - his YouTube channel is good) and it’s good to know Meat Church is goo, who’s YouTube channel I also like.
[Reply]
srvy 06:56 PM 12-05-2020
^^^That looks amazing.

I buy a lot of mt rubs at ACE also that one on Antioch Rd always has a nice selection.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:00 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I buy a lot of mt rubs at ACE also that one on Antioch Rd always has a nice selection.
That's the one I used to go to when I lived over in NKC. Now I go to the one on 64th in Parkville as it's much closer but they all have a very good selection of rubs and woods and grilling/smoking supplies.
[Reply]
srvy 07:02 PM 12-05-2020
That's the one I used to go to when I lived over in NKC. Now I go to the one on 64th in Parkville as it's much closer but they all have a very good selection of rubs and woods and grilling/smoking supplies.
Yep
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:24 PM 12-05-2020
Yep
Even the one on Vivion Rd and Brighten used to surprise me with rubs and sauces.
I have a place here that custom blends and packages spice mixtures. There is a huge selection of bottles of both know and unknown rubs in his office/ showroom. Most have damaged label but they are dirt cheap. Anyone who's anyone in BBQ in the region has their rubs packaged there.
He does't advertise nor do the internet but I will take a couple of pics when I go to get some stocking stuffers for Christmas.

I bought a really nice OK Joes smoker, one with welds except for the firebox so it was made in China, during a January clearance sale before OKJ's went to shit.
It was out front covered with straw dust and crap without any tags but I knew what it was. The North Oak location is one of the best hardware stores in KC. Is Northern Lights Pizza still around?

I used to get my wood at Woodyard BBQ before a butthead reviewed it.There was a place across from the old KCIR that had great smoking wood but it was hit and miss.
[Reply]
srvy 11:30 PM 12-05-2020
Far as I know Nothern Lights is still open but they narrowed the delivery area and I am out. It's too far for carryout and keep it hot so I have Zio's which is practically across the street from me.

The old owners of Ace Westlake at Vivion and Brighton retired and sold the place. He didn't like that they were forcing him to sell nuts bolts washer screws plumbing supplies in prepackaged groups among other changes. He hired in house people to rescreen doors and windows and sharpen knives and saw blades mower blades etc. He said screw it. The new owner is a Lady its ok just not what it once was. I will go to A&N in NKC or the Antioch Road Westlake.

I just cut and split my own wood Oak and Hickory mostly occasional Pecan if I find an old dying diseased tree but I hate to down a good pecan they are rare now in Missouri .
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:03 AM 12-06-2020
Far as I know Nothern Lights is still open but they narrowed the delivery area and I am out. It's too far for carryout and keep it hot so I have Zio's which is practically across the street from me.

The old owners of Ace Westlake at Vivion and Brighton retired and sold the place. He didn't like that they were forcing him to sell nuts bolts washer screws plumbing supplies in prepackaged groups among other changes. He hired in house people to rescreen doors and windows and sharpen knives and saw blades mower blades etc. He said screw it. The new owner is a Lady its ok just not what it once was. I will go to A&N in NKC or the Antioch Road Westlake.

I just cut and split my own wood Oak and Hickory mostly occasional Pecan if I find an old dying diseased tree but I hate to down a good pecan they are rare now in Missouri .
It's all inventory control and bar codes vs by the pound. but they are allmost all ordering by what is sold that guy walked the store and wrote an order on paper.

Rural king is still by the pound but I don't thin you have any. A+N is a great place too. I was never in that area when I needed hardware. The automotive area was always my favorite as you could buy everything there but the spray booth to open a body shop.

Wasn't there a Mexican place where Zio's is now? It sure looks the same.. Big burger and McGuire's lock are great places in that area. I still do mail order with them.

I don't think I have had Izo's yet another Omaha Pizza franchise that never took off in KC. I DO have clogged lots of arteries at IMO's.

[Reply]
srvy 01:19 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
It's all inventory control and bar codes vs by the pound. but they are allmost all ordering by what is sold that guy walked the store and wrote an order on paper.

Rural king is still by the pound but I don't thin you have any. A+N is a great place too. I was never in that area when I needed hardware. The automotive area was always my favorite as you could buy everything there but the spray booth to open a body shop.

Wasn't there a Mexican place where Zio's is now?
It sure looks the same.. Big burger and McGuire's lock are great places in that area. I still do mail order with them.

I don't think I have had Izo's yet another Omaha Pizza franchise that never took off in KC. I DO have clogged lots of arteries at IMO's.
Yes and I have now forgotten the name of that Mexican place. It was pretty good and always busy but man did it need an upgrade of decor. They closed and MudBug Cajun subs went in were successful and moved to a larger place and doing well. I bought my Gun Safe from McGuire's and still eat at Big Burger occasionally but its not like it was in 60's and 70's when Ray was alive and was Ray Big Burger with drive up like Sonic.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:01 PM 12-09-2020

Nigella Lawson saying 'Microwave' like this has made my Christmas already pic.twitter.com/ByXTDVIloq

— �� (@EtceteraWithEst) December 8, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:29 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I bought a really nice OK Joes smoker, one with welds except for the firebox so it was made in China, during a January clearance sale before OKJ's went to shit.

It was out front covered with straw dust and crap without any tags but I knew what it was. The North Oak location is one of the best hardware stores in KC. Is Northern Lights Pizza still around?
I have an OKJ/Horizon smoker that I bought about 15 years ago or so. Excellent piece, holds heat well, solid built. Mine even has a lot number on it, it was one of 5000 or so made.

And we have Northern Lights pizza all over up here.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:40 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Speaking of eating ass, in her prime Lawson super sized my burrito
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:57 PM 12-09-2020
post a pic of badge/ handle, 15 years ago should have bolts on handle.

where did you get 1 of 5000 from?

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have an OKJ/Horizon smoker that I bought about 15 years ago or so. Excellent piece, holds heat well, solid built. Mine even has a lot number on it, it was one of 5000 or so made.

And we have Northern Lights pizza all over up here.

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:43 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
She cooks in the Rico Suave?
[Reply]
Page 1055 of 1203
« First < 555559551005104510511052105310541055 1056105710581059106511051155 > Last »
Up