ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1054 of 1203
« First < 545549541004104410501051105210531054 1055105610571058106411041154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Pablo 07:47 PM 11-29-2020
Googler really needs the ubeja treatment.
[Reply]
Sorce 07:36 PM 12-01-2020
Thanksgiving leftover shepherd's pie. Mixed the gravy with carrots onions Peas corn and turkey. Mixed left over mashed potatoes with milk and cheddar cheese and baked for about 20 mins.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:16 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Thanksgiving leftover shepherd's pie. Mixed the gravy with carrots onions Peas corn and turkey. Mixed left over mashed potatoes with milk and cheddar cheese and baked for about 20 mins.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Nope, that's completely wrong. You need to box that up and ship that to me overnight express ASAP before you do something dumb and try to eat that. I'm trying to save your life here. You'll thank me in the morning, I swear.

And could you put a little more cheese on that before you box it up? Thanks.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:21 PM 12-01-2020
So just a little heads up: the frozen Mahi-mahi at Sprouts are fantastic. The individual portions are a little small (approx. 1.5x0.66x4.5 inches), but they're pretty fresh, and cook up beautifully. Sorry I don't have pics; I forgot and ate them too quick.

But trust me; they're really good.

I want to put a little breading on them and flash fry them for some Kauai-style fish tacos, but after T-Day, I'll have to put that on the back burner for at least 2 weeks. I went a little nutz for Thanksgiving and put on 7 pounds.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:02 PM 12-05-2020
Doing my first Mississippi pot roast for the game tomorrow, and ladling it over garlic mashed taters... mmm, cant wait

https://www.thecountrycook.net/crock...ppi-pot-roast/
[Reply]
lewdog 03:05 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Doing my first Mississippi pot roast for the game tomorrow, and ladling it over garlic mashed taters... mmm, cant wait

It's really good and we have it in the rotation every few months.

Enjoy.
[Reply]
srvy 03:45 PM 12-05-2020
I honestly tried to like the above recipe but the ranch dressing powder just ruined it for me. I couldn't get that flavor out my mouth.

I did do a variation on it that I liked. I prepared the chuck roast like you would a swiss steak except in a crockpot with the pepperoncini's. This seemed to go better for me with a tomato base and no ranch.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:31 PM 12-05-2020
I've made this before and the ranch flavor didn't bother me although you better like ranch, but the whole stick of butter did make it pretty damn greasy. That's the only thing I'd do next time, maybe a half stick.

That recipe says to pull out the big chunks of fat at the end :-) bitch, it's a chuck roast, that's why I buy 'em.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:50 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I've made this before and the ranch flavor didn't bother me although you better like ranch, but the whole stick of butter did make it pretty damn greasy. That's the only thing I'd do next time, maybe a half stick.

That recipe says to pull out the big chunks of fat at the end :-) bitch, it's a chuck roast, that's why I buy 'em.
I was already thinking a full stick of butter was a bit much, and now you've confirmed my suspicion

This is my first go round with ranch mix in a roast, so we'll see how it goes... but it sounds great on paper because I do like some ranch
[Reply]
srvy 06:22 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:

I actually don't mind ranch dressing on a salad. But the whole Hidden Valley powder package on top the chuck roast with the stick of butter peppers was overwhelming. If the powder was stirred in the juice maybe but on top its like it melted with the butter into the meat and overpowered it. My son who loves chuck roasts even asked what happened lol but still ate it.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:24 PM 12-05-2020
We do half a ranch packet. An entire packet is too much. We cut to half stick of butter too.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:24 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I actually don't mind ranch dressing on a salad. But the whole Hidden Valley powder package on top the chuck roast with the stick of butter peppers was overwhelming. If the powder was stirred in the juice maybe but on top its like it melted with the butter into the meat and overpowered it. My son who loves chuck roasts even asked what happened lol but still ate it.
Yeah, it's got a strong ranch kick no doubt about it.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:28 PM 12-05-2020
That doesn't look bad at all. I never trust food pictures but I can't see how they faked that.

I may try it next week using smoked chuck eye then finished in crock pot.

I'm not using a $2 stick Irish butter? Why? I'm saving it for the french bread.

Originally Posted by Easy 6:

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:31 PM 12-05-2020
Tex-Mex affair tonight with a smoked then reversed seared tri-tip and elote casserole

That's broiled cotija cheese on the elotes

Also trying out a (new to me) Meat Church beef rub, which turned out great

* pro-tip, use Fritos to scoop up them elotes
** only cilantro'd the half of the elotes we planned to eat tonight

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:32 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
We do half a ranch packet. An entire packet is too much. We cut to half stick of butter too.
The lesson tonight seems to be "less is more" with the butter and seasonings on this

Valuable advice that will be taken, gents
[Reply]
Page 1054 of 1203
« First < 545549541004104410501051105210531054 1055105610571058106411041154 > Last »
Up