ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 51
« First < 313738394041 42434445 > Last »
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
Sure-Oz 11:43 AM 03-05-2020
@HBO: Look for the light.

@clmazin and @Neil_Druckmann to develop the series adaptation of #TheLastOfUs, coming soon to HBO: http://itsh.bo/thelastofus https://twitter.com/HBO/status/12356...572032/video/1

The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

MARCH 05, 2020 9:30AMby*Borys Kit, Patrick Shanley

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series*Chernobyl,*is reteaming with HBO adapt*The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.
In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and in association with PlayStation Productions and it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Originally launched in 2013, Sony and Naughty Dog’s*The Last of Us*garnered critical praise for its engrossing tale of the post-apocalypse centered on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be a key to a cure for the deadly pandemic.
Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival. The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel,*The Last of Us Part II, which will release on May 29, 2020.
Mazin, who is said to be an avid player of the game, stated, “Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and*The Last of Us*is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I’m so honored to do it in partnership with Neil.”
“From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of*The Last of Us,” said Druckmann in a statement. “With*Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn’t think of better partners to bring the story of*The Last of Us*to life as a television show.”
Last of Us*won numerous “game of the year” awards and went on to sell more than 17 million copies across both its original release on the PlayStation 3 and a remastered version on the PlayStation 4.
“This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to partner with Craig, Neil, Carolyn and the teams at Sony, Naughty Dog and PlayStation to bring the virtual world of this acclaimed game to life,” stated HBO programming president Casey Bloys.
“This is the first of many shows we intend to develop with our friends at PlayStation Productions,” said Chris Parnell, co-president of Sony Pictures Television Studios.*The Last of Us*is a brilliant achievement in storytelling and character development, and we are lucky to have the opportunity to work with this team to adapt it.”
Druckmann is a longtime vet of Naughty Dog, starting as a programming intern in 2004. In 2007, he was given the role of game designer on*Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the first installment in the action adventure series. In 2013, he created*The Last of Us, based on a concept he developed as a student at Carnegie Mellon University.
Mazin’s*Chernobyl*tackled a bleak and complex true-life event and became a must-see show for HBO. The show won an Emmy for outstanding limited series and landed one for Mazin for outstanding writing. Mazin also won a PGA and a WGA Award.

Holy shit this is gonna be awesome.
[Reply]
dmahurin 12:10 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I've heard rumors for up to 4 seasons. I assume they'll make a 3rd game. Back to back game of the years
I liked the 2nd one but man it hits hard AF and is depressing. I've never played that type of game. I get why some don't like it or what happened in it.
Same, I loved the second one. I hope they don't make a third honestly. It seems unnecessary as much as I love the world building/games.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:30 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wut? They already bastardized the first game enough with the sequel. Leave it the fuck alone, please and thanks.
You know they aren't going to do that because - dollar signs. And if there is anything that is not important, at all, is how much the plot follows....a video game.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:53 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
Same, I loved the second one. I hope they don't make a third honestly. It seems unnecessary as much as I love the world building/games.
I hear ya for sure. That said if they do I trust Druckman will have a great story.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:55 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
It took them 6 years to do the second game and from what I have read, they have had very basic talks about a third game. As a huge fan of both games, I hope they do not make a third honestly. The second game ended with just enough closure while still being open ended enough for personal speculation I don't think story wise it would be necessary. I think a 3rd game would have to be based around new characters but in the same world.
I would think so too... different story characters may be more likely.
[Reply]
markdis 02:54 PM 03-08-2023
Number 7 and I have no idea why I'm watching this, it is slow and boring. I've left much better series than this after about 2 episodes. Will I endure? - probably because it should be brilliant. When it gets super boring i just pause and go back to my favorite sports streaming sites https://www.firestickhow.com/free-sp...ing-sites.html, after an hour or two i am ready to give it another shot.
[Reply]
srvy 09:20 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by markdis:
Number 7 and I have no idea why I'm watching this, it is slow and boring.
I've left much better series than this after about 2 episodes.
Will I endure? - probably because it should be brilliant.
Dude I feel ya, I try to push through it because the acting is incredible but it moves so slowly. It's just another apocalypse movie with zombies ho-hum to me. I am halfway through the Elie flashback with her friend in the old arcade. It bored me and I shut it off and practiced a little banjo then down to the workshop and fart around with a project while following on the laptop CP. Lol I have read all the spoilers up to this point and dont care:-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:43 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by markdis:
Number 7 and I have no idea why I'm watching this, it is slow and boring.
I've left much better series than this after about 2 episodes.
Will I endure? - probably because it should be brilliant.
Here's an idea, don't watch it. I'm not sure what people are wanting? No character building? Like I said, if you don't want character building and want action, action, action then go watch Micheal Bay's action packed flick Transformers.

Let me ask you this, what shows do you like?
[Reply]
Lzen 07:46 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
It's ridiculous how up in arms some guys were when she was cast.
She may not be the best looker but who cares? I mean, we're talking about a 14 year old character. I've liked her from the beginning. I think she has done the character very well.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 PM 03-11-2023
Bella Ramsey is absolutely killing it. All the haters can eat a dick.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:09 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
To think she got crushed in the final season of GOT is kinda nuts.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:45 PM 03-11-2023
THIS! How can you not LOVE this series? If you did not play the game then you get a pass. If you did, then love it! It is an incredible series! :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 11:46 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Well to be honest...WE ALL got fucked on that deal! :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:44 AM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
She may not be the best looker but who cares? I mean, we're talking about a 14 year old character. I've liked her from the beginning. I think she has done the character very well.
What do they want? Some hot iinstagram model or Selena Gomez to be cast as a badass? Bella is killing it in the role. The role doesn't have to have a beauty in it, its the end of the world, zombies etc. We really have to have a nice set of boobs and tight ass on our 14 year old? GTFO with that shit.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:03 AM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Oberyn Martell is all like

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:59 AM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What do they want? Some hot iinstagram model or Selena Gomez to be cast as a badass? Bella is killing it in the role. The role doesn't have to have a beauty in it, its the end of the world, zombies etc. We really have to have a nice set of boobs and tight ass on our 14 year old? GTFO with that shit.
Settle down. It was one guy making a comment a month ago.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 51
« First < 313738394041 42434445 > Last »
Up