ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Tarantino: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
BigRedChief 06:26 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
You have a Hateful 8 hangover
Hateful 8 wasn’t his best work but it was still 99.9% better than the crap put out by the studios these days.
[Reply]
scho63 06:45 AM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Hateful 8 wasn’t his best work but it was still 99.9% better than the crap put out by the studios these days.
Agreed- I couldn't get into that movie for some reason. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:21 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
This one isn't really exciting me much for some reason...
its a Tarantino movie. Not a chance in hell of it being unworthy of watching at least once.
[Reply]
scho63 09:35 AM 03-21-2019
I'm going to wait a few weeks for the reviews to begin and then probably go see it if no horrible opinions.

It's been probably 6-7 years since I went to the movies
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:11 AM 03-21-2019
If you read the press, the movie is about the location and the times, not the murder itself.

Pitt and DiCaprio are an aging matinee star and his longtime stunt double, adjusting to the changing Hollywood culture.

Though they are cast and written, I doubt the narrative will focus much on Manson or Tate.

More Summer of Sam than Zodiac.
[Reply]
FAX 10:21 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If you read the press, the movie is about the location and the times, not the murder itself.

Pitt and DiCaprio are an aging matinee star and his longtime stunt double, adjusting to the changing Hollywood culture.

Though they are cast and written, I doubt the narrative will focus much on Manson or Tate.

More Summer of Sam than Zodiac.
So the idea might be to show the principles just casually running into Manson on the street? That could lead to some interesting dialogue.

Have they cast for Mrs. LaBianca?

Honestly, I don't see how you can write in the murders without turning this into a horror film.

FAX
[Reply]
underEJ 02:05 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
So the idea might be to show the principles just casually running into Manson on the street? That could lead to some interesting dialogue.

Have they cast for Mrs. LaBianca?

Honestly, I don't see how you can write in the murders without turning this into a horror film.

FAX
DiCaprio's character is said to live on the same street as Polanski/Tate. His character is also the star of a western tv show or movie, so it might be that the Manson Family who lived on a filming ranch is encountered via the western setting as well. Manson and his crew also mingled in music and film industry circles by way of Dennis Wilson and a few young actors and writers. The murders are said to be a backdrop for the story, not the primary story. I'm not sure if that means we'd see it or not.
[Reply]
FAX 03:11 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:
DiCaprio's character is said to live on the same street as Polanski/Tate. His character is also the star of a western tv show or movie, so it might be that the Manson Family who lived on a filming ranch is encountered via the western setting as well. Manson and his crew also mingled in music and film industry circles by way of Dennis Wilson and a few young actors and writers. The murders are said to be a backdrop for the story, not the primary story. I'm not sure if that means we'd see it or not.
LOL ... It's over-the-top creepy just reading that much.

FAX
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:14 PM 03-21-2019
Apparently Tates sister gave the script her blessing, so I imagine it can’t be too exploitative.

But it is QT. He’s going to end up pissing some group of people off.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:39 AM 03-23-2019
Really? Man, I loved Hateful 8
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:40 AM 05-21-2019
Has its premiere in Cannes today.

New trailer drop

Trailer for 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' from Quentin Tarantino, starring @LeoDiCaprio, Margot Robbie and Brad Pitt. Thoughts? pic.twitter.com/vuTu5WzDQt

— Lights, Camera, Pod (@LightsCameraPod) May 21, 2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:44 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

New trailer drop

Trailer doesn't blow me away but that's cool, i'm still in.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:31 PM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

New trailer drop

Wow. Pitt & Leo are getting old.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:44 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Wow. Pitt & Leo are getting old.
Their characters are somewhat based on Hal Needham and Burt Reynolds from the late 60s.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:16 AM 05-22-2019
Solid trailer. Still my most anticipated film of this year.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up