ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 35
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Thread
dlphg9 10:42 PM 12-13-2018
Seriously fuck him. He can't play when it really matters? Can't come in for the last drive of the game, because he tore his pussy? What was the point in him playing at all? He didn't look tired and didn't look hurt, so why couldn't he play for 10 more plays? He could have probably helped a lot on that final drive. Worthless fuck
[Reply]
Rausch 10:47 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I was hinting at... Is it possible hes been on painkillers for so long that he's having trouble dealing with it
Go sit with the flat earth people...
[Reply]
Rausch 10:49 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
It's a lose/lose for everyone. The only way to make anything resembling hay out of this mess is to do the June 1st cut and keep what we can.
He should have had the fucking surgery at the beginning of last year once we found out what it was and he'd be back on the field by the end of this preseason...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:51 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Go sit with the flat earth people...
I didn't say it happened. Im just asking the question and I don't see why it's a weird one to ask.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:59 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Frees up money to pay Hill/Jones, though.
That's true.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:47 PM 03-07-2019
I was hinting at... Is it possible hes been on painkillers for so long that he's having trouble dealing with it
So he's out there just rambling incoherently during those pregame speeches?

It's all starting to make sense now. That's exactly how the defense played.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:47 PM 03-07-2019
Seriously, you think EB29 feels it in his Spirit to take painkillers. Only thing he feels in his Spirit is to rape our salary cap situation during MVP’s rookie contract.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:00 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
He should have had the fucking surgery at the beginning of last year once we found out what it was and he'd be back on the field by the end of this preseason...
I'm stymied at why he didn't begin the investigative process at the end of the 2017 season or well before. If he had found out in say, late fall of 2017 that he did or did not need surgery at that time, it would have allowed all parties to formulate a better plan for 2018.
This whole thing has been handled very strangely.

Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Seriously, you think EB29 feels it in his Spirit to take painkillers. Only thing he feels in his Spirit is to rape our salary cap situation during MVP’s rookie contract.
I'm thinking the painkillers ARE "the spirit" at this point.
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:16 AM 03-08-2019
I'm stymied at why he didn't begin the investigative process at the end of the 2017 season or well before. If he had found out in say, late fall of 2017 that he did or did not need surgery at that time, it would have allowed all parties to formulate a better plan for 2018.

Good point, I always forget that.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:43 AM 03-08-2019
It really sucks seeing an article on bleacher report about how bad the contracts that safeties are getting are, only to realize we're still paying this piece of shit $16 million to do fucking nothing.
[Reply]
TEX 10:46 AM 03-08-2019
One day I'm going to check out this thread and see that EB has been cut!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:16 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It really sucks seeing an article on bleacher report about how bad the contracts that safeties are getting are, only to realize we're still paying this piece of shit $16 million to do fucking nothing.
When Collins gets here, everything will be okay.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:20 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
One day I'm going to check out this thread and see that EB has been cut!

[Reply]
old_geezer 11:52 AM 03-08-2019
We've been trying to trade Huston and/or Ford now for quite awhile. Why aren't we actively trying to trade Berry if he's supposedly healthy? I mean heck, at least Huston and Ford contributed on the field last year. Berry just huddled with his spirit. Right now I'd trade Berry for a used football just to get rid of his contract. :-)
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:03 PM 03-08-2019

I think the reality is that Berry got sideways with the coaching staff or organization somewhere, and it's been kept somewhat under wraps. It's the only thing that makes sense. His contract and personal situation makes him a player somewhat impervious to public scrutiny, so the coaching staff didn't really call him out...

Except they did. Subtly, but it happened. Reid talking about doctors agreeing and saying Berry would play "if he FELT ready" which all indicates to me that team doctors cleared him, and Berry's doctors didn't.

I wonder if this all goes back to Houston's knee, actually? As fans, which we bitched about shitty knee procedures on Tamba and Houston (and Jamaal?) maybe there was a feeling among the defenders that the Chiefs medical/training staff were fucking up players' careers.

Holy shit, as I'm typing this, I think I am convincing myself that is absolutely, 100% the only logical explanation.

Houston, Berry watched theirs and others' knees get fucked up and not properly cared for by team doctors. They bitch about Rick Burkholder, which is why Andy Reid publicly defends him. It's also why I know his fucking name. There has been drama playing out behind the scenes between the players and coaching staff, with the MEDICAL STAFF as the point of contention between them.

If the Chiefs turn over their medical staff, then I think you see Berry and Houston back in uniform this fall and playing at a high level. If Reid/Veach choose their staff over the players, then both guys will be sent packing.

I'M A CONSPIRACY GENIUS. BOOK IT.
[Reply]
TEX 12:20 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I think the reality is that Berry got sideways with the coaching staff or organization somewhere, and it's been kept somewhat under wraps. It's the only thing that makes sense. His contract and personal situation makes him a player somewhat impervious to public scrutiny, so the coaching staff didn't really call him out...

Except they did. Subtly, but it happened. Reid talking about doctors agreeing and saying Berry would play "if he FELT ready" which all indicates to me that team doctors cleared him, and Berry's doctors didn't.

I wonder if this all goes back to Houston's knee, actually? As fans, which we bitched about shitty knee procedures on Tamba and Houston (and Jamaal?) maybe there was a feeling among the defenders that the Chiefs medical/training staff were ****ing up players' careers.

Holy shit, as I'm typing this, I think I am convincing myself that is absolutely, 100% the only logical explanation.

Houston, Berry watched theirs and others' knees get ****ed up and not properly cared for by team doctors. They bitch about Rick Burkholder, which is why Andy Reid publicly defends him. It's also why I know his ****ing name. There has been drama playing out behind the scenes between the players and coaching staff, with the MEDICAL STAFF as the point of contention between them.

If the Chiefs turn over their medical staff, then I think you see Berry and Houston back in uniform this fall and playing at a high level. If Reid/Veach choose their staff over the players, then both guys will be sent packing.

I'M A CONSPIRACY GENIUS. BOOK IT.
You put way too much thought into this. Let me simplify... It doesnt matter how or why we got here, the fact is we are here now. Berry is done and needs to be cut. Period. If Houston wont restructure and cant be traded, then he needs to go too. Both contracts are terrible for KC. Both players are not worh the $$$ and have not contributed to the level at which they have been paid. There is no reason to continue to over pay for their services. The saved $$$ can be better spent elsewhere. The end.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 35
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up