ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 37
« First < 263233343536 37 >
In Memoriam>(RIP) Nzoner
Frazod 08:46 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
That was a really nice service for Joe. The video he recorded was a surprise, but so well done. Just touching and a great message from him. Bob Dole, Bugeater, Stevieray, KCWolfman, Raiderhater and I were in attendance representing CP. It was great reconnecting with those guys, especially KCWolfman and Raiderhater whom I haven't seen in several years. Most of us went out for some appetizers and beers afterwards. A lot of great stories and reminiscing of times with Joe and other get togethers.

Here's Dole, Stevieray, Raiderhater and I at Outlaw Cigar and Brewery.
Nice. Wish I could have been there.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:15 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Nice. Wish I could have been there.
Me too...I realize that I'm not as connected to the forum as I once was, but it's sad to see our virtual friends through this forum pass. It's going to happen with all of us, but facing that reality is difficult.

God bless Nzoner and his wife....
[Reply]
luv 09:07 PM 03-16-2023
That was a really nice service for Joe. The video he recorded was a surprise, but so well done. Just touching and a great message from him. Bob Dole, Bugeater, Stevieray, KCWolfman, Raiderhater and I were in attendance representing CP. It was great reconnecting with those guys, especially KCWolfman and Raiderhater whom I haven't seen in several years. Most of us went out for some appetizers and beers afterwards. A lot of great stories and reminiscing of times with Joe and other get togethers.

I'm used to Bash or tailgate attire. You guys clean up nice. :-)
[Reply]
KC Dan 09:14 PM 03-16-2023

Bravo guys!!! Wish I could've been there. Thanks for being there.
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:08 PM 03-16-2023

I stopped by the visitation. Would have been there today but had plans to be in des Moines :-)
[Reply]
Katie 11:10 AM 03-17-2023

Looking good boys! So wanted to be there, but I had a family obligation that would not wait. Maybe next season we can have an Nzoner celebration of life!
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:28 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Katie:
Looking good boys! So wanted to be there, but I had a family obligation that would not wait. Maybe next season we can have an Nzoner celebration of life!
Great idea Katie, maybe we can carry on the tradition some how?
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 08:42 AM 03-17-2023
Wow, wow, wow. I love reading these tributes.

First, his relationship with Jesus is a testimony to all of us. The peace that gives through all the things he endured is something to remember.

I also love how he redeemed the pain of his loss and combined that into his love for fellowship and created a ministry that will continue long after his passing. His L.O.S.S. organization is such a blessing to his community, and I love that he leaves that behind.

Chiefs Planet is a pretty cool place. Again, I'm sorry for those who knew Joe well. For what it's worth, I'm praying for you.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:58 AM 03-17-2023
Joe Tracy, your kindness, concerns and love for one another plus generosity was on display from the time I first met you until the very end. The powerful message you left here is a reminder of the kind of person that Joe was, always sharing his gift of love with his friends and mankind. When Joe accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior, he became one of God's foot soldiers. He carried himself with the utmost respect for our Lord.

A couple of months back when Joe wasn't doing well, I was talking on the phone with Scott. I mentioned I wanted to go see him but at the time I couldn't due to some of my own health issues. We spoke about how positive Joe was with all of his own health issue as well as how difficult it was for Joe to lose Kathy. It was just a few days later, Joe took that negative moment in his life, turned it all into a positive with L.O.S.S. To anybody that knew Joe, this is who he was, Joe was always willing to step out and lead by example trying to leave an impact of helping others. Joe had a wonderful, loving spirit inside of him, just glowing and sharing it each day. Joe had that loving spirit of Jesus Christ within him and he allowed it to shine each day.

It is my wish & desire to have the grace and dignity that you have showed in your final days!

Good Bye Joe Tracy, You are missed and It's been an honor to have you as my friend.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:14 PM 03-17-2023
I’ll echo what others have said about what a nice service it was yesterday. Of course that is to be expected with Joe planning it all out. I started to get a little emotional while the first speaker was up but kept it under control - his video message finally got me though. The world is truly a lesser place with out him and Kathy.

It was great to have some of the gang back together again, in spite of the occasion. Seeing and catching up with some people I haven’t seen in some years and talking about the fun times we’ve had in the past helped make it a much better day. We definitely need to not go so long with out getting together. A large reason for the community aspect of this place that is the foundation of our longevity here is those real life relationships that have developed over the years. Next time let’s do it because we want to, not because we are saying goodbye to one of us.

Love you all.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:51 AM 03-19-2023
Way too young. Rip.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:31 AM 03-19-2023
Encore! Encore! (lights lighter and waves back n forth)

A couple of more things about the bashes.

In the beginning Joe and Kathy not only hosted, but also catered the food.
It was always a great spread, down to multiple desserts to finish it off. Once the bashes got bigger, Joe started to ask for donations, to help cover the cost. Of course everyone obliged and even then, thy donated a portion of the proceeds to one of Kathy's local charities. That's who they were.

Prolly the coolest was that you didn't need a ticket to come to the bash. Joe didn't go to all of the games, so if you wanted to come hang with the planet for a weekend, but couldn't afford a ticket, you had a front row recliner waiting for you on gameday.

I took these pics from the display. I feel these pics perfectly capture Joes' joy, easy going nature and determination, qualities that would shine through him in the difficult times, up until the very end. Not once did he see himself as a victim or searching for sympathy.

Eloquently illustrated in the video he shared.

It was an eerie feeling driving up to the church on Thursday, after being there not too long ago help Joe bury Kathy. Humbling. Kind of crept on you the whole time.

The service was very well done. I was moved by Joes' childhood friend. She was very honest and poignant. I could see why she was Joes friend much later in life. His life long business associate and niece also did a fine job in something is not very easy to do. Something like this never is. I wish Katie could have made it, so that Joe's impact on the planet could've been recognized.

I mustered up the courage to talk to Joe's dad. I introduced myself from the planet and that i' had known him almost twenty years. Told him how happy I was that he had recommitted to the Lord and how his legacy would be so different had he not. Joe looks like his dad. He has his eyes. While I was shaking his hand, I kid you not, I saw a flash of Joe in those eyes.

I gasped, and he saw it, and I blurted out I loved your son, you raised a FINE boy. He teared and thanked me and told me that it meant a lot to him. Oh sir, you'll never know how much you reciprocated that day. Godspeed to you and your family.

On the visit right after he was diagnosed, he requested that I pick pallbearers from the planet. I don't know if this got lost along the way, or the family decided against it (which is well within their rights), but we found out the night before that it wasn't happening. Our desire was to wear suits and then put Chiefs jerseys over when we laid him to rest.

When we were in the foyer, the funeral director came up and thought we were the pall bearers. So while it was disappointing, we were dressed to the nines and represented the planet in fine fashion, albeit in a subtle way. I noticed that people are dressing more casual at funerals, so we stuck out a little. I hope we made Joe proud.

We got together at Joe's hangout in St Joe (54th st grill) and toasted and reminisced. Great memories, good times and laughs were had by all. just how Joe would've wanted it.

Friday was HARD. Just a sense of loneliness that is now starting to slowly get better.

Now, it all feels like a compilation of sorts. A rock solid testament to an era that most likely never be replicated, duplicated or paralleled.

For that, I am blessed and grateful to have experienced some amazing times with some really, really great people.

God Bless
Attached: joey2.jpg (30.4 KB) joey3.jpg (39.5 KB) joey4.jpg (60.8 KB) 
[Reply]
teedubya 04:06 PM 03-19-2023
Much love to Joe and Kathy... they were great people. Gone too soon, but they are back together. God bless them. Life was an Ad-Venture for them. :-) Those CP Bashes were amazing.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:35 PM 03-19-2023
The eclipse party!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:56 PM 03-19-2023
Thanks to you that went to the Funeral, and for those posting videos and pics of Joe. I only knew him through these interwebs, but WOW, what a great testimony and great video of him talking at his own funeral. Joe is right, he's in a great place.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 37
« First < 263233343536 37 >
Up