ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 54
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:04 PM 06-01-2022
Fucked up by hiding behind the hill instead of running up it. Would've had the high ground.
[Reply]
Fish 02:07 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Fucked up by hiding behind the hill instead of running up it. Would've had the high ground.
:-).. there was a moment when he was running through a bunch of piles of dirt trying to get away, and all I could think is that Vader is gonna show up on top of one of those mounds and get some revenge...
[Reply]
Frazod 02:14 PM 06-01-2022
Well played :-)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:22 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That increased exponentially when the Star Wars Twitter account preemptively called out anyone that doesn’t like the character.

They called down the internet trolls and then pretended there was some organic racist campaign against her.
Your sentence makes no sense.
If it was preemptive, that means there were no racist comments prior to it.
It wasn't preemptive. It was a response.
Some people just have to be dicks for some reason.
And some people always feel the need to defend them.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:33 PM 06-01-2022
Isn't there something in Ep 4 where Vader and Kenobi meet that indicates it is the first time they've met since Mustafar?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:00 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Obi-wan not being able use The Force efficiently is bullshit, then Yoda should be a fucking R-Tard also but he wasn't in ESB
Yoda wasn’t mentally and emotionally suffering from leaving his padawan and “brother” in a broken and smoldering pile, and presumed dead as a result.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:14 PM 06-01-2022
Episode 3 was great.
I thought the escape scene was a little cheesy but this is entertaining.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:24 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Yoda wasn’t mentally and emotionally suffering from leaving his padawan and “brother” in a broken and smoldering pile, and presumed dead as a result.

No, Yoda was suffering that he let their entire galaxy slip to pure evil. Pain and suffering leads to the darkside.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:53 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
No, Yoda was suffering that he let their entire galaxy slip to pure evil. Pain and suffering leads to the darkside.
A) That’s huge but, not as personal

B) Obi-wan clearly re-finds himself by ANH (obviously where that is where this series ends), Yoda could have gone some through similar struggles a re-found himself by ESB (maybe we’ll get a D+ Yoda series detailing it!)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:38 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Isn't there something in Ep 4 where Vader and Kenobi meet that indicates it is the first time they've met since Mustafar?
Here it is:

"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master."

I think this does imply this (in Ep 4) is their first meeting since he became Vader, but anything goes now I guess.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:17 AM 06-02-2022
Can I be the only one that feels like the show is being written/produced/directed by the B class? The entire thing just feels off to me.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:32 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The young Leia character/actress annoys me. She runs like a 5 year old and doesn't enunciate as clearly as a well educated 10 year old should. I looked up her age, she was born on 06/04/12 so maybe she was only 8 when they filmed some of the show? The crappy editing of her action scenes and the way she delivers her dialogue make her seem way to immature to be delivering her lines and it makes the character unbelievable.
I haven't watched the third episode yet. I'm about to start it. I just wanted to pop in and post this, from wikipedia:

Filming began by May 2021 in Los Angeles, using StageCraft video wall technology, and wrapped by September.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obi-Wa...bi_(TV_series)

So the actress playing Leia was 8 years old when filming began. That was a stupid decision, to cast an 8 year child old to play an unusually intelligent and well educated 10 year old child. Also, spoiler from later in the season:

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed. Vader is damned terrifying. Probably not as savage as the Rogue One showing, but a nice job with the Vader stuff. I'm certainly interested to see where they go, because Obi-Wan is definitely rusty right now.
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That was pretty ****in badass.
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Seeing Vader at his ruthless and brutal peak in E3 makes this show worth it by itself. Can only hope we'll get to see a lot more of him in this time period (either in this series or in others).
We have been screaming at Disney to give us more of the bad ass Vader. Finally, more bad ass Vader. :-)

I was thinking that there was no way he was going to kill Obi-Wan. He has to suffer under Vader. What's the point of the dark side if you cant make the person who ****ed up your life, in your eyes, suffer like you have?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ugh. Don't ruin this for me, Disney. Please? Just let it stand on its own and go take a nap for a few weeks.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Are we watching the same show here?

Her character is pretty bad based on the first 2 episodes. The actress is not a very good actor, and that whole “Obi Wannn come out to play!” shit was beyond cringe.

And before some idiot makes this about race, it has absolutely nothing to do with that.
Actress that plays Reva has been getting racist comments.
Sure there is some questionable casting choices in this show but I see that as a separate thing.

So internet trolls make racist comments, seems par for the course to me, what has that to do with the Disney doing some "woke" thing in this show? I'm not seeing shit like that in this show. What am I missing?
[Reply]
listopencil 08:01 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Can I be the only one that feels like the show is being written/produced/directed by the B class? The entire thing just feels off to me.
Joby Harold was hired to rewrite the series and serve as showrunner in April 2020, executive producing with Chow, McGregor, Kathleen Kennedy, and Michelle Rejwan. Additional castings were announced in March 2021, with co-stars such as Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Jimmy Smits, James Earl Jones, and Hayden Christensen also reprising their prequel trilogy roles. Filming began by May 2021 in Los Angeles, using StageCraft video wall technology, and wrapped by September. Star Wars film composer John Williams wrote the series' main theme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obi-Wa...bi_(TV_series)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 54
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up