ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 57
« First < 404647484950 51525354 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:51 PM 06-20-2022
There are Rock Vacs....

maybe a rental place has them

Here is one for rent in MPLS

https://www.55rental.com/equipment.a...key=038%2D0059
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:03 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
There are Rock Vacs....

maybe a rental place has them

Here is one for rent in MPLS

https://www.55rental.com/equipment.a...key=038%2D0059

I've never heard of such a thing.

It's interesting, but will it also suck up the dirt? My mission is to separate the dirt from the rocks.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:06 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by seclark:
:-)
At first she was going to buy it all bagged up because she thought it was cleaner. Then she went up and looked at it and decided they didn’t wash the river rock before they bagged it. So she went ahead and paid a truck to come and dump 6 tons on the carport.
Doesn’t like dirty river rock.
sec
I had no idea this was a thing. I thought I did a good job managing the landscaping until my wife came home and scowled. Once she explained it, it made sense. But how was I to know? I have no background in rock garden design.

Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
All of this rock relocation will potentially mess with our spinning mass distribution and thereby our magnetic fields. This could disrupt the Van Allen belts protecting the earth. I suggest everyone go put all the rock back where it started and stop trying to destroy the Earth.
I think I should be good since I'm just shuffling it around in the same place. However, we did lower its distance from the center of the earth by lowering the mound, so let me know if you feel the earth spinning a bit faster.
[Reply]
seclark 10:39 AM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I had no idea this was a thing. I thought I did a good job managing the landscaping until my wife came home and scowled. Once she explained it, it made sense. But how was I to know? I have no background in rock garden design.

I think I should be good since I'm just shuffling it around in the same place. However, we did lower its distance from the center of the earth by lowering the mound, so let me know if you feel the earth spinning a bit faster.
Zeke (the dog) and I just watched her spread out a batch of rock, then spray it off with water. Then shovel it into the wheel barrel and go dump and spread around the house. Six tons of river rock ;.
I did put air in one of the tires for her that was a little low.
sec
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:05 AM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by seclark:
Zeke (the dog) and I just watched her spread out a batch of rock, then spray it off with water. Then shovel it into the wheel barrel and go dump and spread around the house. Six tons of river rock ;.
I did put air in one of the tires for her that was a little low.
sec
It sounds like she couldn't have done it without you. Properly inflated tires are a must.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:10 AM 06-21-2022
Anyone have a good pickle recipe? I over planted cucumbers and will have enough to feed Ukraine when they are ready to pick.
[Reply]
seclark 12:06 PM 06-21-2022
It sounds like she couldn't have done it without you. Properly inflated tires are a must.
Team work, my friend.
sec
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 06:40 PM 06-21-2022

I do think I feel the earth spinning faster. It has taken me most of the day to get acclimated with the new speed but I am now comfortable with it and able to type again. This may actually work to increase our magnetic field output and increase the strength of the VA belts delivering greater protection of our atmosphere. Carry on the good work!
[Reply]
kstater 08:26 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Anyone have a good pickle recipe? I over planted cucumbers and will have enough to feed Ukraine when they are ready to pick.
Keep it simple. Vinegar, dill, a dash of red pepper

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:25 PM 06-23-2022
We got all of the rock cleaned today. I'm glad to finish that project.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:36 PM 08-21-2022
Here’s some of the backyard.these plumeria grow like weeds. The one is on the other side of the fence out in the side yard. It’s overthrowing the fence. Do the shed area where we put the wheelbarrow now has some beauty.
Attached: C3159F13-0428-4B01-9752-451DF247F565.jpg (104.4 KB) C06EB9E5-45D1-481D-A2A2-81394E898FEA.jpg (107.2 KB) 2555A08B-0AE4-422E-83B7-C18EEE464946.jpg (166.4 KB) 927B8475-D62D-4ACD-8F1C-F5856114DFE0.jpg (115.8 KB) 92FB9AF8-18BF-4652-8420-051C5D44ACFE.jpg (76.2 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 08:33 PM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Here’s some of the backyard.these plumeria grow like weeds. The one is on the other side of the fence out in the side yard. It’s overthrowing the fence. Do the shed area where we put the wheelbarrow now has some beauty.
OMG. Those plumeria are stunning.

So much work to grow them here but so worth it. I don't know a more beautiful plant.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:30 AM 09-12-2022
Took a personal day to "recover" from a fun football weekend, but also a mental health day from work and to give myself some time to garden for a few hours this morning. Behind Chiefs/Royals, gardening and working out are my hobbies.

The peace of being in the yard alone this morning, was just what I needed. I love my Facebook gardening groups for learning and looking at beautiful plants. I hope someone here enjoys these.

Lots of pictures so using a spoiler tag so the pesky Mods don't ban me!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 03:20 PM 10-11-2022
Passion fruit vine showing well with the cooler temps. It's only ever flowered two blooms and right now we have about 10! Zoom in on that bloom. What an amazing structure. It's been in the ground about 2 years now.

[Reply]
loochy 03:25 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Passion fruit vine showing well with the cooler temps. It's only ever flowered two blooms and right now we have about 10! Zoom in on that bloom. What an amazing structure. It's been in the ground about 2 years now.

I like this softer side of Lew. It makes me feel warm and cozy on the inside.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 57
« First < 404647484950 51525354 > Last »
Up