ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's your opinion of Dairy Queen?
Stewie 06:49 PM 01-20-2022
Good for shakes and ice cream back in the day. Haven't been to one in ages.

I received a mailer today that there's a new store not far from me. Incredibly cheap deals on burgers, chicken, sides and desserts.

I know it's introductory stuff, but might be worth a try. I used to love their strawberry shakes.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 07:58 AM 01-21-2022
there's a new Reese's/Cookie Dough Blizzard. It's possibly the best Blizzard I've ever had.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:14 AM 01-21-2022
Butterfinger blizzard was my crack back in the day. Haven't had one in many years though.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:19 AM 01-21-2022
DQ part starts at ~1:05, but it's all worth watching...

[Reply]
Cheater5 08:23 AM 01-21-2022
My first job when I was 13 years old ($2.35/hour) was at Dairy Queen at 85th and Wornall road-- across the street from Christ the King Church / School. We had to weigh each sundae on a scale before serving it; if it was an ounce too heavy my boss required you to take it back to the walk-in freezer and dump it back in the machine. I cannot tell you how many times I took a huge bite before doing so...my boss was a dick. He talked just like Strother Martin, the warden from Cool Hand Luke. Oh, and making that little curly-cue on top took practice.

I haven't been back to KC in a few years, but I think that DQ is now closed/abandoned.
[Reply]
2bikemike 08:33 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
If you ever had a Zarda Dairy with hard serve ice cream and real fruit syrup you might have another opinion. Sadly they are gone now but you can get close in SE Ks, Oklahoma, or SW Mo with Brahm's.
I used to work at Zarda's as a stocker and at the gas station on 63rd. For years after I couldn't eat soft serve. The soft serve machines weren't the best kept devices. They did have the best hand dipped Ice Cream and treats for the time. I don't know how I didn't get fat working there.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:34 AM 01-21-2022
They don't have footlongs, taverns, mushroom Swiss burgers, or nerd blizzards anymore. F them.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:37 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
They don't have footlongs, taverns, mushroom Swiss burgers, or nerd blizzards anymore. F them.
It’ll be okay bud
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:39 AM 01-21-2022
Side note - I sorted Milk for Robert's dairy in college. The GF I was with at the time, her father ran it. Robert's had closed here in SUX, so it was shipped up from Omaha. My job was to sort the loads out for the 3 drivers we had.

DQ ice cream milk was a special recipe requested by DQ.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:40 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
It’ll be okay bud
NOOOOO! I do get a box of dilly bars from time to time.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:46 AM 01-21-2022
I don't think I've ate anything other than ice cream at dairy queen. Last time I had DQ was probably in high school, maybe shortly after so it's definitely been a while.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:59 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
I used to work at Zarda's as a stocker and at the gas station on 63rd. For years after I couldn't eat soft serve. The soft serve machines weren't the best kept devices. They did have the best hand dipped Ice Cream and treats for the time. I don't know how I didn't get fat working there.
Ha, my sister worked for the Zarda dairy in Blue Springs.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:31 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
The app is relatively new. Saw the signs for it this week when we got some blizzards. I get almost all fast food thru apps since they basically give shit away in their deals.
The Taco Bell app is the real deal. You can build a $5 Cravings Box with the Crunchwrap Supreme as the main entree. You also get a soft taco, another side option, and a medium drink.

A Crunchwrap Supreme is $4.89 by itself.

#Winning
[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:39 AM 01-21-2022
Peanut Buster Parfait for the win.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 01-21-2022
It's gross.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 AM 01-21-2022
FYI, Dairy Queen is not allowed to call it ice cream because it's actually NOT.

It's "soft serve" and is mostly sugar and shit.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up