ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 960 of 2688
« First < 460860910950956957958959960 9619629639649701010106014601960 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:04 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
another great article about Mahomes from nfl.com

The Big Gamble

http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/pa...k-mahomes.html

The Kansas City Chiefs placed a sizable bet on Patrick Mahomes, a quarterback who knows a thing or two about taking chances, and it's already showing signs of a big payoff
Excellent story! I truly like everything about this kid. He has a huge heart, drive, talent all rolled up in a humble attitude and great work ethic.

This year will be a send off to Old QB's and putting them on notice their is a new stud in the NFL. Rivers was first, Then Big Ben, Then Brady. It is time for them to retire.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:08 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
With regards to?

I believe I once told you to maybe tap the brakes on calling him John Elway during pre-draft discussion but I never once questioned the kid's arm talent. He was my favorite QB in the draft by a fair amount as well.

Is there a discussion you're referencing that I don't recall?
Yes, I compared him to Kaepernick and Wilson you said Elway. Now the media is comparing him to the Elway.

You were giving me shit about Randy Gregory .

Thus your short memory when you were wrong.

Because I was right about Mahomes.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:14 AM 09-11-2018
Spin rate.

If that ball apexes without that kind of spin, it's gonna stay nose up and kinda flutter down. But with the kind of velocity he put on it, at its apex it STILL had the an insane spin rate so when it started to go down, the nose was able to 'grab' and pull the ball down/forward.

Think of it as a rifle round. You have a low velocity round you'll get a lot of tumble earlier in its arc and the ballistics will fall to hell on it. Suddenly your accuracy over distance is essentially a guessing game. High velocity rounds, OTOH, track a hell of a lot truer because they're still spinning at the top of their arc and they continue to drive throughout their flight path.

We just went from a 12 gauge slug to a goddamn .223 magnum round.
Excellent analysis! This makes a lot of sense when you see Clay's gif of the spin on that ball. Mahomes pitching background is blending over into his football mechanics and we are literally seeing throws that have possibly not been done before. In the history of the NFL- yep, maybe some QB have had passes that react like that- Favre maybe, Marino, Brees- I don't ever remember seeing them, but chances are they did. That is some HOF company to be able to put that much velocity and arch on the ball to avoid it fluttering for an interception like we have seen so many times.

Mahomes is not even 23 years old- what is he going to be like after a few years of experience? Look how much Brady and Rogers have improved year after year as they have had every kind of defense thrown at them. Wow!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:14 AM 09-11-2018
Most people outside of kc don't have an appreciation for how dialed back a version of mahomes this is. They ain't seen nothing yet. I think we'll see a lot more of this toned down version of mahomes. But I bet he goes absolutely berzerk by the end of the year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:18 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yes, I compared him to Kaepernick and Wilson you said Elway. Now the media is comparing him to the Elway.

I'll still give you shit about Randy Gregory - guy's a nutcase and is almost certainly about to get kicked out of the league again. You said he'd be Tamba Hali.

I forgot how you arrived at your comparison (Russell Wilson with Kaepernick's arm). Yeah, there's something to it. He's not the mobile threat that Wilson is but he's a football rat with a howitzer.

Notable distinction between him and Kaepernick in terms of raw throwing talent - Kaepernick required a windup. He always had that sorta elongated throwing motion that he needed to use to generate velocity.

Mahomes sure as hell doesn't. I simply thought it was damn premature to be comparing him to one of the 3-5 greatest QBs to ever live. I mean...it still is. But the talent is second to none, no question.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:23 AM 09-11-2018

Why Kaep and Wilson? Let's hear you say it. I see little in common with either actually.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:25 AM 09-11-2018
I'll still give you shit about Randy Gregory - guy's a nutcase and is almost certainly about to get kicked out of the league again. You said he'd be Tamba Hali.

I forgot how you arrived at your comparison (Russell Wilson with Kaepernick's arm). Yeah, there's something to it. He's not the mobile threat that Wilson is but he's a football rat with a howitzer.

Notable distinction between him and Kaepernick in terms of raw throwing talent - Kaepernick required a windup. He always had that sorta elongated throwing motion that he needed to use to generate velocity.

Mahomes sure as hell doesn't.
The wind up was due his baseball background as a pitcher , and Mahomes launch points was always generated by his baseball background he was scouted as a midfielder and pitcher.

I'm giving you shit about thus due to your bombardment of Gregory.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:30 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Why Kaep and Wilson? Let's hear you say it. I see little in common with either actually.
last preseason before my comparison the Seattle announcer did the very same inference with Russell
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:32 AM 09-11-2018
The wind up was due his baseball background as a pitcher , and Mahomes launch points was always generated by his baseball background he was scouted as a midfielder and pitcher.

I'm giving you shit about thus due to your bombardment of Gregory.
Fair 'nuff.

But I also said we should go get Pat Mahomes. I just thought your were maybe being overzealous in your advocacy...
[Reply]
Strongside 11:00 AM 09-11-2018
I said before the season that Tyreek Hill would emerge as the most impactful non-QB in the NFL this season. He is an absolute freak out there. No one has that skill set. No one.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:01 AM 09-11-2018
sexy sig

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:11 AM 09-11-2018
Fair 'nuff.

But I also said we should go get Pat Mahomes. I just thought your were maybe being overzealous in your advocacy...
Nope, I was making baseball comparisons to Kaep and Wilson due to how it shaped their playing styles due to baseball and the raw ability that shaped them. Russell was drafted as midfielder also hence the reason of such a correlation .
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:14 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
sexy sig

Showtime in the bright lights of greatness
[Reply]
DRM08 11:18 AM 09-11-2018
I don’t get the Kaepernick comparison. Mahomes is a lot more accurate on his throws. Definitely can see some Big Ben, Russell Wilson, and Aaron Rodgers type of talent in Pat’s game. The mental side of it will be the biggest question and time will tell.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:23 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I don’t get the Kaepernick comparison. Mahomes is a lot more accurate on his throws. Definitely can see some Big Ben, Russell Wilson, and Aaron Rodgers type of talent in Pat’s game. The mental side of it will be the biggest question and time will tell.
Both are black.. duh..
[Reply]
Page 960 of 2688
« First < 460860910950956957958959960 9619629639649701010106014601960 > Last »
Up