ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 270
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:29 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
IIRC, the Chiefs had more downfield plays of 20+ yards than anyone season other than Mahomes Rookie year. (May have even surpassed that, i don't recall exactly). And it sure as fuck wasn't from JJSS winning over the top.

I'm sure Hopkins could manage little 5-10 yard checkdown passes, but then actually present a legit threat against man coverage unlike JuJu.
Watch his highlight reel from last season. Most of his catches are those 3-7 yard routes. He looks like Kelce running all those TE-style routes.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:31 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If they keep him on his existing contract, that won't be an issue. They could also structure an extension to make it possible, as well.
Yep this now comes down to compensation. IMO anything more than a 4th for a guy with a 2 or 3 year window is too much
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:37 PM 03-09-2023
Nobody here is wanting DHop with an expensive extension. Pretty much everybody has said they want him to play on his existing deal, which is dirt cheap for a guy of his caliber and only slightly more than JJSS could fetch on the open market.
But that is exactly what he wants.

He said yesterday he hired an agent now so he doesn't take the short end of the stick. Listen to the whole interview from yesterday. He specifically says those exact words.

What do you think that hiring and agent and not taking the short end of the stick means? He wants an extension and raise.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:38 PM 03-09-2023
If they keep him on his existing contract, that won't be an issue. They could also structure an extension to make it possible, as well.
And just get rid of MVS after this year.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:45 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yep this now comes down to compensation. IMO anything more than a 4th for a guy with a 2 or 3 year window is too much
If he agreed to honor the remaining two years on his deal I'd do a 3rd and a throw-in player or pick lower than a 4th.

Those are my terms for DHop. Does he want a ring, or does to want to retire ring-less?

We're the only team that can virtually guarantee him a really good shot at a ring.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:03 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Both of them are ELITE route runners... Hopkins adds ELITE high pointing ability.
Elite catching ability too. He doesn't drop many at all.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:04 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
DHop also almost eliminates the need for top tackle play as Kelce/DHop will have someone open almost instantly every snap.
Ummmm no. Case in point......Bengals.
[Reply]
O.city 02:07 PM 03-09-2023
Well, it would help with the T play for sure. It's kind of a juggling act of what's actually available. Maybe you can't get a top flight tackle and have to go to the draft or cheap vet.

Well....you do have this available to you. It's all about pivoting and going a route that's available to you.
[Reply]
Balto 02:22 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
But that is exactly what he wants.

He said yesterday he hired an agent now so he doesn't take the short end of the stick. Listen to the whole interview from yesterday. He specifically says those exact words.

What do you think that hiring and agent and not taking the short end of the stick means? He wants an extension and raise.
On AZ Radio they talking about Hopkins and they stated from what they are hearing from the team is Hopkins asked to be traded and they did not want to put effort into doing so BUT if he wanted to have "An Agent" go out and try to get a trade done here is what we would want in compensation to trade you.

While I totally agree he wants a new deal it was also reported that Hopkins is willing to play on those two years and that its mainly about winning not all about money.

I think his new agent will go looking for interested WIN NOW teams with the asking price of what the Cards want as the main objective. Contract will probably be secondary.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:26 PM 03-09-2023
If he is smart he would push for KC then. There are some teams that "could" win it all, KC is one of the very few that have proven they "can" win it and they are set up nicely for quite a few years to come.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:29 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
...We're the only team that can virtually guarantee him a really good shot at a ring.
Damn it feels good saying stuff like that and having it be true. :-)

I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, fully expecting to wake up and have Mark Cassel - Matt Cassel's illegitimate son - as our QB.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:31 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
On AZ Radio they talking about Hopkins and they stated from what they are hearing from the team is Hopkins asked to be traded and they did not want to put effort into doing so BUT if he wanted to have "An Agent" go out and try to get a trade done here is what we would want in compensation to trade you.

While I totally agree he wants a new deal it was also reported that Hopkins is willing to play on those two years and that its mainly about winning not all about money.

I think his new agent will go looking for interested WIN NOW teams with the asking price of what the Cards want as the main objective. Contract will probably be secondary.
DHop wanted out of Houston. And once Arizona started to unravel he wanted out of there too.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:40 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Elite catching ability too. He doesn't drop many at all.
Oh, but didn't hear? JJSS has better hands than DHop:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:59 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
DHop wanted out of Houston. And once Arizona started to unravel he wanted out of there too.
whew, good thing it's not likely to unravel in KC!

:-)

Just kidding. I'm still not a fan of what we'd have to give up to get him.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:05 PM 03-09-2023
So do we want this IHop piece of shit?
[Reply]
Page 58 of 270
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Up