« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
PatriotNation 07:37 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Justin Houston/Eric Berry..........
Houston is good. There is zero I could take away from him.

But, I would think Bosa and Ingram are pretty good as well, by pretty good I mean one of the best duos in the league. I think I heard them call Ingrams name once...

I don't have the Pats winning here. Can they? Absolutely, but some stars will need to align.

The chargers were far better on paper than the Patriots, so are the chiefs.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:44 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by DaTruth:
If you want to talk about the Patriots, remember that you will be talking about the best franchise in the league along with the GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME in TOM '' TERRIFIC'' BRADY.

Everyone knows this. Everyone remembers this. This post is thusly worthless.

Originally Posted by :
If you are talking about the Patriots, please remember that you are talking about the WINNERS of this Sunday's game and the eventual winners of Superbowl 53.
unlike above, which is objectively true, this is dipshit speculation. here's some back at you:

The Patriots are incapable of beating any of the remaining teams on a neutral field.
[Reply]
PatriotNation 07:49 PM 01-14-2019
This is an interesting forum.

Kansas City is good, no doubt. Nothing makes me more excited than a Patriots win, but through the years I'm rarely confident about ANY game. Even going to EIGHT straight AFC Championship games, nothing has come easy. Any team can be beat in my eyes.

I admire your confidence, I would assume that makes the week leading up to the game more fun. I guarantee you more fun than it ever has been for me.

Or, is the confidence due to the lack of playoff wins in the last couple decades and you feel this is your moment? Either way, whatever works.

I haven't read all posts, but some of you make it sounds like it's going to be 72-0 Chiefs and they might cancel the 2nd half due to the mercy rule. I highly doubt that is the case. I see a close one coming down to the end.

Even the 16-0 Patriots couldn't make it to 19-0 losing to the 10-6 Giants.

The best part of this, is we're the underdogs. I like it.
[Reply]
203Pat 07:57 PM 01-14-2019
Eric Berry? Is he done? Is he going to play and do you guys want him to?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:00 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by PatriotNation:
This is an interesting forum.

Kansas City is good, no doubt. Nothing makes me more excited than a Patriots win, but through the years I'm rarely confident about ANY game. Even going to EIGHT straight AFC Championship games, nothing has come easy. Any team can be beat in my eyes.

I admire your confidence, I would assume that makes the week leading up to the game more fun. I guarantee you more fun than it ever has been for me.

Or, is the confidence due to the lack of playoff wins in the last couple decades and you feel this is your moment? Either way, whatever works.

I haven't read all posts, but some of you make it sounds like it's going to be 72-0 Chiefs and they might cancel the 2nd half due to the mercy rule. I highly doubt that is the case. I see a close one coming down to the end.

Even the 16-0 Patriots couldn't make it to 19-0 losing to the 10-6 Giants.

The best part of this, is we're the underdogs. I like it.
Trust me, you don't like it more than we do.

To answer your question honestly, here's the real truth:

All season long, we have actually had a tremendous amount of negativity about the overall shape of the team. The defense has sucked horribly, and everyone had this terrified feeling in their gut that it was going to end the way that so many of our previous good years have - with heartbreak, at home, in the divisional round, to a superior QB.

Except, we have watched one of the three greatest seasons - nay, the second greatest - in quarterbacking history. And every time we have doubted Mahomes, he has delivered with unprecedented excellence. He has done something only Peyton Manning has accomplished... at the end of his career. Mahomes did year one. Shit, that might put it on the top of the list for me. Manning and Brady had a decade to learn the NFL before they came close to what Mahomes has done out of the gate.

So... are we just enjoying the ride and putting on false bravado? Kinda.

(almost?) no one thinks this is going to be a cake walk or a beatdown. But are we confident that Tom Brady and the Patriots are not as good as Mahomes and the Chiefs? Yes.

Because we have watched it all year. If you only see the highlights, you might think that Mahomes balled out on a few plays every week. It's been insane. Every single game he has a highlight that would be at the top of the list for 31 other guys. Every single week he's gotten better, smarter, more disciplined.

He is the UNQUESTIONED leader of the team at age 23, and it isn't like people think "oh he's young" and "he's got a future." They all know that he's the best QB in the league right now. Period. Full stop. Don't argue... it's beneath you.

So, while our natural instinct is doom and gloom (it's been beaten into us), as long as #15 has the ball and time on the clock, we have 18 good reasons to be CONFIDENT that he's going to get the job done. If you want to know those 18 reasons, I'd go back and watch every game he's played. You'll see it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:01 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by 203Pat:
Yes. No. No.
[Reply]
PatriotNation 08:03 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Trust me, you don't like it more than we do.

To answer your question honestly, here's the real truth:

All season long, we have actually had a tremendous amount of negativity about the overall shape of the team. The defense has sucked horribly, and everyone had this terrified feeling in their gut that it was going to end the way that so many of our previous good years have - with heartbreak, at home, in the divisional round, to a superior QB.

Except, we have watched one of the three greatest seasons - nay, the second greatest - in quarterbacking history. And every time we have doubted Mahomes, he has delivered with unprecedented excellence. He has done something only Peyton Manning has accomplished... at the end of his career. Mahomes did year one. Shit, that might put it on the top of the list for me. Manning and Brady had a decade to learn the NFL before they came close to what Mahomes has done out of the gate.

So... are we just enjoying the ride and putting on false bravado? Kinda.

(almost?) no one thinks this is going to be a cake walk or a beatdown. But are we confident that Tom Brady and the Patriots are not as good as Mahomes and the Chiefs? Yes.

Because we have watched it all year. If you only see the highlights, you might think that Mahomes balled out on a few plays every week. It's been insane. Every single game he has a highlight that would be at the top of the list for 31 other guys. Every single week he's gotten better, smarter, more disciplined.

He is the UNQUESTIONED leader of the team at age 23, and it isn't like people think "oh he's young" and "he's got a future." They all know that he's the best QB in the league right now. Period. Full stop. Don't argue... it's beneath you.

So, while our natural instinct is doom and gloom (it's been beaten into us), as long as #15 has the ball and time on the clock, we have 18 good reasons to be CONFIDENT that he's going to get the job done. If you want to know those 18 reasons, I'd go back and watch every game he's played. You'll see it.
I appreciate this post.

Thank you.
[Reply]
eDave 08:04 PM 01-14-2019
That's a great post Sapho. Well done.

NE fan knows that feeling well.
[Reply]
BostonCheatriots 08:06 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by 203Pat:
I read somewhere he will play
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:06 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by BostonCheatriots:
They'll change it to no around Friday.
[Reply]
BostonCheatriots 08:08 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They'll change it to no around Friday.
Correction...he “could “ play
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:08 PM 01-14-2019
On the wall of make-believe perhaps?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:09 PM 01-14-2019
Correction...he “could “ play
I could win the lottery.
[Reply]
BostonCheatriots 08:11 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
On the wall of make-believe perhaps?

No I was just googling to see his status and there were articles that said he could play...Arrowhead addict the source...Also Chiefswire
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:14 PM 01-14-2019
If the NFL wants us to win then we will win.
I think Rams win and hopefully they want a rematch of the game of the year. Nothing would be more boring than sissy Brady in another one to lose.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 142
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up