ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3837 of 3903
« First < 2837333737373787382738333834383538363837 383838393840384138473887 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bugeater 04:41 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
She's a great lady.
Just don't be saying that where she can hear it. Our house is barely big enough for my ego...
[Reply]
loochy 04:44 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I have posted previously about my ex who is a RN and both her and her husband were hard core anti-vaxxers, anti-mandates etc, alot of it because of politics. They got it really bad and ended up both hospitalized and had to tote around oxygen and health care home came to take care of them for a couple of weeks. She was so close to going on a vent and you would think that would change a person. But she is still anti-vax and thinks the vaccine is made from aborted fetuses, but he has done a complete 180. He has had some kidney issues etc from covid so he is now all hardcore get the vaccine and mask mandates. Really interesting case study.

I don't see how getting sick would convince a person that vaccines work or aren't dangerous. I think all it would do is convince someone that COVID isn't fake.
[Reply]
sedated 04:52 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
But a worst-case scenario is a future mutation that bucks the trend and is more lethal.
Have there been any cases of this actually happening?

Maybe I'm being hopeful but if the new variant is drastically less serious than other versions, it seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel. This one appears to be about as serious as a cold for the vast majority, the next variant or two could be so mild that it fades into the background and we don't even have to test.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:54 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Have there been any cases of this actually happening?

Maybe I'm being hopeful but if the new variant is drastically less serious than other versions, it seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel. This one appears to be about as serious as a cold for the vast majority, the next variant or two could be so mild that it fades into the background and we don't even have to test.
Yes, it can happen.

Hopefully not, but it's not a given that future mutations will be less virulent.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:01 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I don't see how getting sick would convince a person that vaccines work or aren't dangerous. I think all it would do is convince someone that COVID isn't fake.
If you are on your deathbed that has to change your perspective some don't you think?
[Reply]
loochy 05:04 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
If you are on your deathbed that has to change your perspective some don't you think?

I don't know? :-) Were they presented with some kind of new evidence? They had already tuned out the widely available evidence, soo.....?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:35 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
lol where is the proof?
If you need proof, ask any hospital administrator or just ask any ICU RN. They’ll tell you.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:36 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Politicians lie all the time. If this is happening "25 times a day" I think there would be at least ONE video, considering everyone in the world has a camera in their pocket.

But you're an NPC, so eat it up.
I’m just going to tell you straight up: it’s happening. All the time.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:37 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
That is infuriating. You'd think watching a loved one clinging to life would result in a revelation or two. I'm not going to lie, I was in the skeptic camp for quite a while and the only reason I did the vacs was because of the Mrs pushing me to do them. But what I've seen the past few months was a reality check and this is the one time I don't mind admitting she was right.
Good on your wife. And you too.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:38 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I don't know? :-) Were they presented with some kind of new evidence? They had already tuned out the widely available evidence, soo.....?
Good question..maybe because they were in that disinformation bubble (she still is). I know they thought Covid = flu so being in their mid 40's they thought if they got Covid it would be mild at best so ending up in the hospital and clinging to life wasn't in their calculations I imagine.
[Reply]
phisherman 07:31 PM 12-22-2021
Stupid Covid. Took a rapid test today because I was planning on going to Lake of the Ozarks to visit the in-laws and got a positive result. I am fully vaccinated but not boosted, however I got my last Pfizer shot the first week of February, so yeah, almost 11 months out from my last shot.

It feels like I've got sinusitis, which I get more or less every year in the spring when the weather starts to change and pollen is everywhere.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:55 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Stupid Covid. Took a rapid test today because I was planning on going to Lake of the Ozarks to visit the in-laws and got a positive result. I am fully vaccinated but not boosted, however I got my last Pfizer shot the first week of February, so yeah, almost 11 months out from my last shot.

It feels like I've got sinusitis, which I get more or less every year in the spring when the weather starts to change and pollen is everywhere.
Man, that sucks. My wife and I have a week long trip to see a variety of family next week, and she wasn't feeling great this week. We were dreading the test result, but she came back negative. Sorry it's messing up your Xmas.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:06 PM 12-22-2021
Meh, if the whole family took negative tests by Saturday morning we would probably go, assuming everyone is negative and also not symptomatic. All the in-laws are vaccinated except for a sister-in-law who already had Covid likely twice. At this point, nobody else in the house has any symptoms at all but since they never took tests they just don't know whether or not they were actually infected (but they likely were). I haven't been quarantining in the house at all so I'd say it's been all over here by this point.

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's burnt through my whole family as my daughter and son were the first to get the sniffles like two weeks ago. When they started feeling better, which was literally maybe a day or two of them feeling cruddy, then my wife got it. She is unvaccinated and took it pretty hard for a day or two. She said she never had a fever but I know she never took hers. She also pretty much slept on the couch for two and a half days. Like clockwork, three days after her symptoms stop, here it comes for me. It's not any heavier than a cold and man, the last time I got Influenza B it was WAY, WAY worse than this.
[Reply]
loochy 08:32 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:

Just be glad you didn't end up going and unknowingly infecting the old inlaws.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:46 PM 12-22-2021
Oh, absolutely. My father in law is 82 and got the J&J shot. He's the one I worry about as he has COPD and a few other comorbidities.

We can go and visit them next week and it doesn't really change things other than my kids getting to see their cousins. We see the rest of the siblings and her parents quite frequently during the year.
[Reply]
Page 3837 of 3903
« First < 2837333737373787382738333834383538363837 383838393840384138473887 > Last »
Up