ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3735 of 3903
« First < 2735323536353685372537313732373337343735 3736373737383739374537853835 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:32 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
No, not exactly.
Humans are hyper-social creatures. Which means we will occasionally put the good of the pack above our own needs, even survival.

If the leaders of the govt-suspicious tribes these people moved in said the vaccine was fine, they'd get it. But their leaders, and the people their leaders follow and the people their leaders follow, are all in against the vaccine. So everyone down the line is reflexively against it. And in the internet age you can always find instant validation for any viewpoint you want to believe.
[Reply]
TLO 02:42 PM 09-17-2021
Well..

FDA vaccine advisers vote to recommend Covid-19 booster in people 65 and older and those at high risk
[Reply]
penguinz 02:58 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Well..

FDA vaccine advisers vote to recommend Covid-19 booster in people 65 and older and those at high risk
That sounds reasonable.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:09 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Humans are hyper-social creatures. Which means we will occasionally put the good of the pack above our own needs, even survival.

If the leaders of the govt-suspicious tribes these people moved in said the vaccine was fine, they'd get it. But their leaders, and the people their leaders follow and the people their leaders follow, are all in against the vaccine. So everyone down the line is reflexively against it. And in the internet age you can always find instant validation for any viewpoint you want to believe.

I’m not sure what point your first sentence is trying to make. The rest you are simply describing people finding things to protect their beliefs and personalities like I said in the original post. You are describing the after effect of choices made prior.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:20 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
16 no
2 yes
Science wins.
[Reply]
TLO 03:26 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
That sounds reasonable.
Yes. I think it's a good middle ground.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:59 PM 09-17-2021
I’m not sure what point your first sentence is trying to make. The rest you are simply describing people finding things to protect their beliefs and personalities like I said in the original post. You are describing the after effect of choices made prior.
I'm saying that tribalism is the instinct that drives the behavior you originally described.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:24 PM 09-17-2021
I'm saying that tribalism is the instinct that drives the behavior you originally described.

Okay. Your wrong though. Protecting one’s ego, personality, and beliefs from ridicule is what drives the behavior.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:55 PM 09-17-2021
That's will be my last post in this exchange that I'm sure no one else cares about.

It's nonsense to say that something like mass resistance to the covid vaccine would exist in a vacuum without a social/family group dynamic. Most people look to others for how to think on that stuff, whether they realize it or not. If most of the people around them in their life and the media figures they follow were all saying get the vaccine, only a tiny amount of people would still resist out of some kind of personal cause. Humans just aren't wired that way.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:24 PM 09-17-2021
That's will be my last post in this exchange that I'm sure no one else cares about.

It's nonsense to say that something like mass resistance to the covid vaccine would exist in a vacuum without a social/family group dynamic. Most people look to others for how to think on that stuff, whether they realize it or not. If most of the people around them in their life and the media figures they follow were all saying get the vaccine, only a tiny amount of people would still resist out of some kind of personal cause. Humans just aren't wired that way.

You clearly aren’t understanding. You have also shown poor understanding of human behavior as evidenced by your shame attempts to vaccinate throughout this thread which have been called out multiple times by others.

Since you want to attribute lack of vaccines to tribalism, do tell, what “tribe” accounts for 45% of the population (amount not vaccinated about) that also contains every race, ethnicity, income level, geographic background, etc. And then please explain why that tribe doesn’t include people over 65 who are close to 90% vaccinated.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:39 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If someone can look at the vaccine data and think that they are in some way "dangerous", they clearly don't understand mathematics.
Well, I guess I didn't really explain well enough. It's not like most of them looked at data and came to a stupid conclusion.

Their 'sources' of information basically says that data or news story is fake. So I would say calling them deluded would be more accurate than calling most of them dumb.

Always exceptions, of course.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I don't think most people are intentionally doing stupid things to jeopardize their health. So I think it's worth keeping in mind what the real drivers are. Although that quickly becomes a DC topic. Which is why I kept my previous comment brief.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:00 PM 09-17-2021
You clearly aren’t understanding. You have also shown poor understanding of human behavior as evidenced by your shame attempts to vaccinate throughout this thread which have been called out multiple times by others.

Since you want to attribute lack of vaccines to tribalism, do tell, what “tribe” accounts for 45% of the population (amount not vaccinated about) that also contains every race, ethnicity, income level, geographic background, etc. And then please explain why that tribe doesn’t include people over 65 who are close to 90% vaccinated.
Cowards? :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:15 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Cowards? :-)

I mean that’s certainly one way of putting it depending on your viewpoint. And I do think there are people who fit that description somewhat within their personalities, so they are almost always going to make decisions with that trait as part of the process and then find ways of not having that perceived undesirable trait be the reason they don’t get vaccinated, hence the finding whatever evidence they can, regardless of truth in it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:06 PM 09-17-2021

What is the LEAST dangerous coronavirus variant that provides immunity against the others? And where can I get some?

— Scott Adams (@ScottAdamsSays) September 17, 2021

This idiot has 650k followers. Don't tell me he doesn't influence people.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:39 AM 09-18-2021

Antivaxxers' affection for Regeneron is fascinating. It's under an EUA, and is not FDA-approved. It's a new technology. Its clinical trials started just before the trials for the vaxxes, so we have no idea what the long-term effects of taking it are. And yet antivaxxers love it.

— James Surowiecki (@JamesSurowiecki) September 17, 2021

And during testing of MaB, Regeneron used the HEK293T cell line, which is derived from the kidney of an embryo aborted in 1973. Use of fetal tissue in testing is another reason antivaxxers say the vaxxes are unacceptable. But it's apparently no problem for Regeneron's treatment.

— James Surowiecki (@JamesSurowiecki) September 17, 2021

It really is weird phenomenon. Experimental treatments never seem to scare anyone, just vaccines that have been tested much more thoroughly. I guess when you're already sick it's a different story.
[Reply]
Page 3735 of 3903
« First < 2735323536353685372537313732373337343735 3736373737383739374537853835 > Last »
Up