ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3734 of 3903
« First < 2734323436343684372437303731373237333734 3735373637373738374437843834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sedated 03:59 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Hmm. I don’t know about that. I don’t really think stupid is the right description.

I think it has more to do with where people get their “information” from.
And the fact that Covid (and other bad things) is something that happens to other people (until it actually affects them).

I remember watching coverage of Covid from late 2019 in China and other countries and thought SOMETHING would happen to keep it from affecting the US.
[Reply]
TLO 11:17 AM 09-17-2021
Listening to the FDA meeting now. Supposed to vote around 1:30pm.

I honestly think it might get shot down.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:46 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Listening to the FDA meeting now. Supposed to vote around 1:30pm.

I honestly think it might get shot down.
Lets hope it does. It should be based on the individual not an overall mandate.
[Reply]
TLO 12:43 PM 09-17-2021
Here comes the vote.

But first.. more discussion!
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:55 PM 09-17-2021
Hmm. I don’t know about that. I don’t really think stupid is the right description.

It's similar to describing a 10-win playoff team... some people would say they're average or even good, and compared to at least half the league, that's true.

Yet, the average still aren't winning any math contests beyond facebook's only geniuses can solve this!!!, and they're morons compared to people who can math and aren't unknowingly in a constant state of cognition dissonance.

Whether you say there are a lot of fucking morons out there or a lot of average-ish people out there, the results are the same.... shortages of toilet paper one month and shortages of anti-parasitic another.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:12 PM 09-17-2021

If someone can look at the vaccine data and think that they are in some way "dangerous", they clearly don't understand mathematics.
[Reply]
TLO 01:39 PM 09-17-2021
Boosters got shot down HARD.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:42 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by :
FDA panel rejects plan to administer Pfizer’s Covid booster doses to general public
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/17/fda-...al-public.html
[Reply]
TLO 01:42 PM 09-17-2021
The FDA just kicked Pfizers ass up and down the street. Get the fuck out of here until you can give solid data that a booster is actually needed.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:43 PM 09-17-2021
The vast majority of people not taking the vaccine are not making risk assessments or looking at data. I can’t believe how often I see in this thread something along the lines of “I don’t understand how people can be so dumb, not trust the data, etc.”

It’s not about intelligence. It’s a reflection of one’s established personality and values. The things you see posted by them are just tools and methods to justify to others why they think or feel like they do in some sort of evidence based way. It doesn’t matter to them how true or untrue the information is or what you have to say about it because it’s inconsequential to them. It’s just a way of protecting themselves from personal ridicule. Personalities are pretty stagnant over time and how we view the world, especially new information, is filtered through the factors that make up ones personality. No matter how much you want to deride people about taking it, outside of some other force or factor that they also value enough, (job, spouse, etc) they just aren’t going to do it. This was obvious to me a year ago when I said people better lower their expectations on vaccine numbers.
[Reply]
TLO 01:50 PM 09-17-2021
16 no
2 yes
[Reply]
TLO 01:53 PM 09-17-2021
They might modify the question and vote again.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:08 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The vast majority of people not taking the vaccine are not making risk assessments or looking at data. I can’t believe how often I see in this thread something along the lines of “I don’t understand how people can be so dumb, not trust the data, etc.”

It’s not about intelligence. It’s a reflection of one’s established personality and values. The things you see posted by them are just tools and methods to justify to others why they think or feel like they do in some sort of evidence based way. It doesn’t matter to them how true or untrue the information is or what you have to say about it because it’s inconsequential to them. It’s just a way of protecting themselves from personal ridicule. Personalities are pretty stagnant over time and how we view the world, especially new information, is filtered through the factors that make up ones personality. No matter how much you want to deride people about taking it, outside of some other force or factor that they also value enough, (job, spouse, etc) they just aren’t going to do it. This was obvious to me a year ago when I said people better lower their expectations on vaccine numbers.
In other words, tribalism.
[Reply]
Fish 02:21 PM 09-17-2021
Good!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:21 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
In other words, tribalism.

No, not exactly.
[Reply]
Page 3734 of 3903
« First < 2734323436343684372437303731373237333734 3735373637373738374437843834 > Last »
Up