ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3637 of 3903
« First < 2637313735373587362736333634363536363637 3638363936403641364736873737 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:42 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Doctors and safety monitors carefully review the details of each case

Sure they do.
They're probably no el gato malo, that's for sure.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:59 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They're probably no el gato malo, that's for sure.
Until we see public information or reports on these "reviews" by the CDC or FDA it's a question of faith.

Keep in mind this is the same CDC that was going around saying 99% effective when their own hospital surveillance numbers said otherwise in May.

This is the same CDC that decided to just stop tracking breakthrough cases right when Delta was beginning to roll through the US.

We learned only through Bloomberg that the "rare" breakthrough cases were well over 100,000 and those numbers were hidden by the CDC too.

Don't get me started on the FDA. The last ten years have not been pretty.
[Reply]
O.city 01:00 PM 08-10-2021
Until we see public information or reports on these "reviews" by the CDC or FDA it's a question of faith.

Keep in mind this is the same CDC that was going around saying 99% effective when their own hospital surveillance numbers said otherwise in May.

This is the same CDC that decided to just stop tracking breakthrough cases right when Delta was beginning to roll through the US.

We learned only through Bloomberg that the "rare" breakthrough cases were well over 100,000 and those numbers were hidden by the CDC too.

Don't get me started on the FDA. The last ten years has not been pretty.
While I do think there are more breakthroughs than we thought, wouldn't 100k stand about what you'd expect when that many have been vaccinated?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:04 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
While I do think there are more breakthroughs than we thought, wouldn't 100k stand about what you'd expect when that many have been vaccinated?
Not when Rochelle Walesky said if you get vaccinated you can't transmit Covid.

Not when Walensky and Fauci said breakthroughs were "rare".

100,000+ is not rare.
[Reply]
O.city 01:05 PM 08-10-2021

100,000+ is not rare.
100k when the denominator is 180 million is pretty rare, I'd think?

The studies on vaccinated infections show that viral loads drop substantially, very quickly. The singapore study showed that the likelihood of spread from a vaccinated individual is pretty minimal.

Which you would also have to remember that you can't transmit if you aren't infected, so that would help the vaccinated individuals.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:09 PM 08-10-2021
100k when the denominator is 180 million is pretty rare, I'd think?

The studies on vaccinated infections show that viral loads drop substantially, very quickly. The singapore study showed that the likelihood of spread from a vaccinated individual is pretty minimal.

Which you would also have to remember that you can't transmit if you aren't infected, so that would help the vaccinated individuals.
Well, we don't do that for unvaccinated, do we?!

And no, the game has changed. You can't defend these vaccines as effective at stopping infections. They are not.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:09 PM 08-10-2021

100,000+ is not rare.
100,000/167,000,000 is .000598
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:12 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
100,000/167,000,000 is .000598
Sure, if you like.

That is kind of dishonest, IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 01:12 PM 08-10-2021
Well, we don't do that for unvaccinated, do we?!

And no, the game has changed. You can't defend these vaccines as effective at stopping infections. They are not.
They are. I understand you don't believe they do, but they do. Not to the extent they did with alpha or previous variants, but it's still doing well with that, added to the keeping people out of the hospital.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:18 PM 08-10-2021
They are. I understand you don't believe they do, but they do. Not to the extent they did with alpha or previous variants, but it's still doing well with that, added to the keeping people out of the hospital.
These are dead for stopping infections.

They do show a few months of lower hospitalizations/deaths (mostly in over 50) but then it looks like they drop off even for those.

Read Eric Topol, he is one of your Pharma cheerleaders and he is seeing this.

Too Many People Are Dying Right Now “It’s hard to look at these indicators and feel at all optimistic,” explains scientist Eric Topol.

....What I just can’t understand is why all three things are all moving up together so rapidly. Given everything we’ve seen in other countries and everything we think we know about the vaccines, even if cases rose dramatically, we’d expect much lower rates of hospitalization and death. But we’re not.
It’s like we didn’t have vaccines. Or worse. I was just putting this talk together and I made the same observation. I’m looking at the four waves, and, as you know, in the monster wave, we got to 250,000 cases per day. And at that time we had 120,000 plus hospitalizations [per day]. About half. What’s amazing is, we’re at about 120,000 cases now, and we’re over 60,000 hospitalizations.

It’s the same ratio.
Yeah. So when I look at that, I say, what happened to the vaccines?

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...right-now.html
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 08-10-2021
These are dead for stopping infections.

They do show a few months of lower hospitalizations/deaths (mostly in over 50) but then it looks like they drop off even for those.

Read Eric Topol, he is one of your Pharma cheerleaders and he is seeing this.

Too Many People Are Dying Right Now “It’s hard to look at these indicators and feel at all optimistic,” explains scientist Eric Topol.

....What I just can’t understand is why all three things are all moving up together so rapidly. Given everything we’ve seen in other countries and everything we think we know about the vaccines, even if cases rose dramatically, we’d expect much lower rates of hospitalization and death. But we’re not.
It’s like we didn’t have vaccines. Or worse. I was just putting this talk together and I made the same observation. I’m looking at the four waves, and, as you know, in the monster wave, we got to 250,000 cases per day. And at that time we had 120,000 plus hospitalizations [per day]. About half. What’s amazing is, we’re at about 120,000 cases now, and we’re over 60,000 hospitalizations.

It’s the same ratio.
Yeah. So when I look at that, I say, what happened to the vaccines?

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...right-now.html
Pharma cheerleaders. Thats funny.

I don't need to cheerlead this or that. I've read the studies. He's been a bit fear mongering all thru the whole thing, so I'm not shocked he's still at it.

Looking at the Florida data, it's pretty obvious that the vaccines are doing what they're designed to do, no?
[Reply]
NotDonger 01:23 PM 08-10-2021
For those interested in breakthrough numbers:

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/cov...om-the-states/

and

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html

Breakthrough hospitalizations = .0045%

Breakthrough deaths = .0009%
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:24 PM 08-10-2021
Pharma cheerleaders. Thats funny.

I don't need to cheerlead this or that. I've read the studies. He's been a bit fear mongering all thru the whole thing, so I'm not shocked he's still at it.

Looking at the Florida data, it's pretty obvious that the vaccines are doing what they're designed to do, no?
To be honest, I haven't looked at Florida much.

My understanding is that they have a high percentage of high risk vaccinated and are not doing much better than last summer when they had zero vaccines.
[Reply]
O.city 01:27 PM 08-10-2021
To be honest, I haven't looked at Florida much.

My understanding is that they have a high percentage of high risk vaccinated and are not doing much better than last summer when they had zero vaccines.
I believe they have about 65/70 % of the high risk vaccinated.

Which as we've seen with this variant, probably isn't near high enough. 30-50 year olds hospitalization numbers are about double/triple what they were in their last peak.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:32 PM 08-10-2021
I believe they have about 65/70 % of the high risk vaccinated.

Which as we've seen with this variant, probably isn't near high enough. 30-50 year olds hospitalization numbers are about double/triple what they were in their last peak.

What makes this even worse is Florida has been open and growing population immunity for a whole year since last Summer.

Something is not adding up here.
[Reply]
Page 3637 of 3903
« First < 2637313735373587362736333634363536363637 3638363936403641364736873737 > Last »
Up