ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3237 of 3903
« First < 2237273731373187322732333234323532363237 32383239324032413247328733373737 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 08:41 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Honest question:

Why is THIS pain and hardship so much more important for so many people than the daily pain and hardship millions of people in this country feel every day?
It isn’t but doing something for them would need similar sacrifices which most people are unwilling to do.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:46 PM 12-03-2020
Honest question:

Why is THIS pain and hardship so much more important for so many people than the daily pain and hardship millions of people in this country feel every day?
false choice. You gave money and your time to help the homeless. What’s a matter with you? You don’t care about kids with cancer?

2,403 died in Pearl Harbor:
"A day that will live in infamy."

2,977 died on September 11th:
"Never forget."

2,885 Americans died yesterday from COVID
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:49 PM 12-03-2020
Honest question:

Exactly
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:51 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
false choice. You gave money and your time to help the homeless. What’s a matter with you? You don’t care about kids with cancer?

2,403 died in Pearl Harbor:
"A day that will live in infamy."

2,977 died on September 11th:
"Never forget."

2,885 Americans died yesterday from COVID
I don't see people here filling up threads with literally 1000's of posts about kids with cancer.

So yeah, it is a false choice.

There are DEFINITELY people here in this thread that care way more about COVID than any other human tragedy, as evidenced by their participation.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:07 PM 12-03-2020
I don't see people here filling up threads with literally 1000's of posts about kids with cancer.

There are DEFINITELY people here in this thread that care way more about COVID than any other human tragedy, as evidenced by their participation.
Well, maybe this is a precedent to start solving problems with the force of our society. When covid is done, we concentrate on cancer, and then after that we concentrate on domestic violence and after that we concentrate on alcoholism. We knock problems off one by one by focusing the force of 300 million people on it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:09 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, maybe this is a precedent to start solving problems with the force of our society. When covid is done, we concentrate on cancer, and then after that we concentrate on domestic violence and after that we concentrate on alcoholism. We knock problems off one by one by focusing the force of 300 million people on it.
People would actually have to care. You know full well that won't happen. Once a vaccine comes out the the hysteria dies down, people will go back to the way it was before.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:10 PM 12-03-2020
And then everyone can have their very own pet unicorn that takes them on a ride over the rainbow!!!!
[Reply]
Monticore 09:11 PM 12-03-2020

You willing to pay more taxes and completely change the way Americans think about certain types of medical systems to achieve your goal of caring for some of these other non covid issues?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:12 PM 12-03-2020

It's called virtue signaling. It reminds me of the entire Tyreek Hill ordeal. Lot of people, including a couple of hundred in here thought he should be cut. Sports radio spent like 3 days solid talking about domestic violence and what not.

I think that was the last time they did it and probably the first. The same people who thought he should be cut have been cheering for him ever since. It wouldn't shock me to find out BRC was one of them.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:16 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You willing to pay more taxes and completely change the way Americans think about certain types of medical systems to achieve your goal of caring for some of these other non covid issues?
How's that cancer cure going in Canada?
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:35 PM 12-03-2020
People would actually have to care. You know full well that won't happen. Once a vaccine comes out the the hysteria dies down, people will go back to the way it was before.
This is indeed the barrier. You have to have unity and national will. We did it with WWII, we did it with the moon landing, and we're doing it here other than a few deniers. We just need to develop the team mentality to focus on stuff.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:38 PM 12-03-2020
This is indeed the barrier. You have to have unity and national will. We did it with WWII, we did it with the moon landing, and we're doing it here other than a few deniers. We just need to develop the team mentality to focus on stuff.
Dude are you serious? We just had the Governor of the state that to this day has more Covid deaths than any other state crying because the vaccine was going to come out under this President instead of the next President.

You ain't getting unity with that kind of bullshit.

Never mind the increasing list of elected officials violation or otherwise ignoring their own restrictions and directives.

I literally just watched a few hours ago the head of the Teacher's Union for my Son's school district flat out lie about what the county has said about schools as well as the documented numbers.

You aren't getting unity when that shit happens.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:43 PM 12-03-2020

I would say people care or interested in Covid because we are experiencing something that none of us has ever experienced before, kind of like a Chiefs SB win. There isn't a country or person on this planet that isn't affected by Covid one way or another. It has killed million + people in less than a year and will probably end up killing 1/2 million Americans when this is all said and done. We have members in this thread lose multiple family members in a very short period of time.

There is also a sense of helplessness to it because there is really nothing we can do about it. We can't see it to protect ourselves and there is really no proven treatment for it. So for some of us this maybe therapeutic.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I would say people care or interested in Covid because we are experiencing something that none of us has ever experienced before, kind of like a Chiefs SB win. There isn't a country or person on this planet that isn't affected by Covid one way or another. It has killed million + people in less than a year and will probably end up killing 1/2 million Americans when this is all said and done. We have members in this thread lose multiple family members in a very short period of time.

There is also a sense of helplessness to it because there is really nothing we can do about it. We can't see it to protect ourselves and there is really no proven treatment for it. So for some of us this maybe therapeutic.
So basically like several other human tragedies that we experience but don't freak out about.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:57 PM 12-03-2020
So basically like several other human tragedies that we experience but don't freak out about.
I know this is like my 4th or 5th pandemic that wiped out a million people in record time and shut down all the countries. How about you?
[Reply]
Page 3237 of 3903
« First < 2237273731373187322732333234323532363237 32383239324032413247328733373737 > Last »
Up