ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3641 of 3903
« First < 2641314135413591363136373638363936403641 3642364336443645365136913741 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:08 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
What make you think you would understand them?
So that's a no then, there aren't any.

Great, wake me up when they arrive.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:17 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
So that's a no then, there aren't any.

Great, wake me up when they arrive.
figured.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:26 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
A couple studies have come out and shown Moderna may be superior to Pfizer in terms of effectiveness vs the delta variant. I haven't actually read the studies yet.
Unless something new dropped, last I knew it was data from Mayo Clinic that was not peer reviewed.
[Reply]
TLO 10:30 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Unless something new dropped, last I knew it was data from Mayo Clinic that was not peer reviewed.
That is correct. Would like to see what someone smarter than myself thinks of the studies.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:36 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
Have you done the math on the reported VAERS deaths from the COVID-19 vaccines?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html

They report 6,490 deaths out of 346 million shots = .0018%

Your alleged 45,000 deaths out of 346 million shots = .013%

And that's if ALL the reported deaths were caused by the vaccines. They haven't identified any proven, causal deaths yet.
The data does show a correlation. Reactions occurred primarily in the first 1-2 weeks. Reports dropped significantly after that. Most occurred in the first 3 days. If there were no association, you'd see a flat curve of reactions over 4 to 6 weeks.

Do you really expect those who are aggressively pushing us to get multiple doses to publicly admit causation?

45,000 deaths within 3 days of injection is nothing for anyone to sneeze at and, if accurate, it should obviously be investigated. Even the reported number should be investigated.

Btw, I'm not sure why people focus only on the death total, as if dropping dead within three days would be the only sign that it's caused harm to your body. The number of serious reported side effects is far higher. And the percentage of unreported effects is likely vastly higher than that. It's been estimated that about 1% of vaccine side effects (in general) are reported.

It might be beating a dead horse, but no one knows what the longterm effects will be. And I wouldn't call this a great start.

Why would you downplay .013% anyway, when most of us have a 99.98% chance of surviving Covid?
[Reply]
TLO 10:41 AM 08-11-2021
Here's the study

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....06.21261707v1
[Reply]
TLO 10:43 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The data does show a correlation. Reactions occurred primarily in the first 1-2 weeks. Reports dropped significantly after that. Most occurred in the first 3 days. If there were no association, you'd see a flat curve of reactions over 4 to 6 weeks.

Do you really expect those who are aggressively pushing us to get multiple doses to publicly admit causation?

45,000 deaths within 3 days of injection is nothing for anyone to sneeze at and, if accurate, it should obviously be investigated. Even the reported number should be investigated.

Btw, I'm not sure why people focus only on the death total, as if dropping dead within three days would be the only sign that it's caused harm to your body. The number of serious reported side effects is far higher. And the percentage of unreported effects is likely vastly higher than that. It's been estimated that about 1% of vaccine side effects (in general) are reported.

It might be beating a dead horse, but no one knows what the longterm effects will be. And I wouldn't call this a great start.

Why would you downplay .013% anyway, when most of us have a 99.98% chance of surviving Covid?
Go away. Nobody in here gives a shit about your babbling. Go beat yourself off with the other nuts in DC.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:45 AM 08-11-2021
One of the issues from the beginning of this thing is that people seem to get really caught up in arguing about the minutiae and just ignore the big picture. Choose any metric you want, and it's obvious that vaccinated people aren't going to hospitals at anywhere near the rate that unvaccinated people are. Anything beyond that really doesn't matter.

(And are we seriously responding to a guy who thinks 45k people have died from the vaccines and no one except one rando at the CDC has noticed it?)
[Reply]
SupDock 10:53 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Go away. Nobody in here gives a shit about your babbling. Go beat yourself off with the other nuts in DC.
If only certain people showed this level of concern for people dying of COVID-19. It’s “these people we’re going to die anyway” or “they died with COVID, not from COVID “

That doesn’t mean this should not be investigated, and I have a lot of confidence it is being investigated.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:56 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
One of the issues from the beginning of this thing is that people seem to get really caught up in arguing about the minutiae and just ignore the big picture. Choose any metric you want, and it's obvious that vaccinated people aren't going to hospitals at anywhere near the rate that unvaccinated people are. Anything beyond that really doesn't matter.

(And are we seriously responding to a guy who thinks 45k people have died from the vaccines and no one except one rando at the CDC has noticed it?)
*one rando in Ohio who doesn't work at the CDC, saying a rando at the CDC noticed it
[Reply]
DaFace 11:00 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
*one rando in Ohio who doesn't work at the CDC, saying a rando at the CDC noticed it
Thanks. I try not to pay too close attention to tinfoil hats and apparently missed the details.
[Reply]
Fish 11:04 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 08-11-2021

Today’s southeastern hospitalization surge has nearly matched its winter surge.

But the age breakdown tells a deeper story:

Under 18: hospitalizations up +88% vs January

18-29: +100%

30-39: +121%

40-49: +89%

Over 70: *down 45%* pic.twitter.com/pTMlaDcQLX

— Derek Thompson (@DKThomp) August 11, 2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:11 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Thanks. I try not to pay too close attention to tinfoil hats and apparently missed the details.
I googled it at 3 the other morning when I couldn't sleep.... it barely beat out "stare at the ceiling for another few hours".
[Reply]
KS Smitty 11:48 AM 08-11-2021
This is from early July and it may have been posted/discussed in here but this is the first time I've seen it.

"Three things to know about the long-term side effects of COVID vaccines"

..."But Goepfert says we already know enough to be confident the COVID vaccines are safe. Here is why, starting with the way vaccines work and continuing through strong evidence from vaccine history and the even stronger evidence from the responses of people who have received COVID-19 vaccines worldwide over the past six months."...

https://www.uab.edu/news/health/item...covid-vaccines
[Reply]
Page 3641 of 3903
« First < 2641314135413591363136373638363936403641 3642364336443645365136913741 > Last »
Up