ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3589 of 3903
« First < 2589308934893539357935853586358735883589 3590359135923593359936393689 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 09:33 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@CNN: JUST IN: Pfizer has shared new data that suggests a third dose of its Covid-19 vaccine "strongly" boosts protection against the Delta variant https://cnn.it/3f1tlaE
It's going to be interesting to see how the CDC decides to handle the idea of booster shots. It seems pretty clear that they will be helpful, but how necessary it really is remains to be seen.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:38 AM 07-28-2021
‘What’s Covid?’ Why People at America’s Hardest-Partying Lake Are Not About to Get Vaccinated
At the Lake of the Ozarks, vaccines are shunned, masks are mocked and the long-term consequences take a back seat to the time at hand.

Missourah!

Originally Posted by :
Inside, McNay sat along with a half a dozen other customers who likewise lamented, what they viewed as, a breathless push for vaccines. Two bartenders floated in and out of the conversation, dropping comments like “what’s Covid?” to laughter. Just recently, a beloved cook at the restaurant had died from the virus, they said. But that hadn’t changed the thinking around vaccinations. The cook, they reasoned, likely had other underlying complications.

“We don’t know what else was wrong with him,” said Murry Ferris, who frequents Shorty Pants with his wife Jane. By contrast, Murry said, he and his wife exercise vigorously and regularly. Even so, Jane Ferris said the vaccine hadn’t been studied long enough and she didn’t want to be a “guinea pig.”
"they reasoned"
[Reply]
O.city 11:18 AM 07-28-2021
So apparently the word going around is they used a study to justify this on a vaccine that isn't even approved in the US.

If so, man. What a massive failure.
[Reply]
TLO 11:29 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
So apparently the word going around is they used a study to justify this on a vaccine that isn't even approved in the US.

For the new mask guidance?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:56 AM 07-28-2021

Is this what you are referring too;

Originally Posted by :
Studies from India with vaccines not authorized for use in the United States have noted relatively high viral loads and larger cluster sizes associated with infections with Delta, regardless of vaccination status.
Emphasis mine.

Source; https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ed-people.html
[Reply]
TLO 12:29 PM 07-28-2021
Good thread about it here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sailorroo...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The CDC is doing irreversible damage to public health officials everywhere.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:16 PM 07-28-2021
I know it is probably a dumb question\thought. But is it possible to see how much virus a covid infected person can shed? I realize this might be a human challenge trial of some sort but seems like this might not be a bad idea if it is possible that is.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:31 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I know it is probably a dumb question\thought. But is it possible to see how much virus a covid infected person can shed? I realize this might be a human challenge trial of some sort but seems like this might not be a bad idea if it is possible that is.
They did it with flu vaccines.

In this study, researchers found a 6x increase in fine aerosols (the ones that actually carry infectious virus) of people who were vaccinated, but still caught flu, relative to unvaxed flu pts

Infectious virus in exhaled breath of symptomatic
seasonal influenza cases from a college community
Jing Yana,b, Michael Granthama,1, Jovan Pantelica,2, P. Jacob Bueno de Mesquitaa, Barbara Alberta, Fengjie Liua,3,
Sheryl Ehrmanb,4, Donald K. Miltona,5, and EMIT Consortium6

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/11...zNAfijcnBszQg6
[Reply]
sedated 01:35 PM 07-28-2021
Don't see it posted but KC under mask mandate starting again Monday (August 2) through August 28

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...253081963.html
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:45 PM 07-28-2021

Some of the states hardest hit by the Delta surge showing some indication that their epidemic waves could be starting to peak. https://t.co/gwGNlc544i pic.twitter.com/3M566nDLY6

— Scott Gottlieb, MD (@ScottGottliebMD) July 28, 2021

[Reply]
Otter 02:10 PM 07-28-2021

"this"?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:30 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
"this"?
CDC guidance saying that vaccinated people should be wearing masks indoors around unvaccinated.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:34 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's going to be interesting to see how the CDC decides to handle the idea of booster shots. It seems pretty clear that they will be helpful, but how necessary it really is remains to be seen.
I’m also interested in how this affects the stats. If someone is overdue for a booster do they count as unvaccinated? Or vaccinated? You could make an argument for either.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:37 PM 07-28-2021
IMO it’s either a mask mandate for all or for none.

I don’t see how you can possibly enforce mask mandates for some. Even if you check vaccine cards at the door of the grocery store, what’s stopping someone from removing their mask once inside? Will employees be forced to continuously check anyone without a mask on? Maybe wristbands or something like at 18+ bars?

Just doesn’t seem feasible or realistic to me.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:42 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
IMO it’s either a mask mandate for all or for none.

I don’t see how you can possibly enforce mask mandates for some. Even if you check vaccine cards at the door of the grocery store, what’s stopping someone from removing their mask once inside? Will employees be forced to continuously check anyone without a mask on? Maybe wristbands or something like at 18+ bars?

Just doesn’t seem feasible or realistic to me.
No need for mask mandates for anyone at this point. You are vaccinated or you aren't. Move on.
[Reply]
Page 3589 of 3903
« First < 2589308934893539357935853586358735883589 3590359135923593359936393689 > Last »
Up