ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3091 of 3903
« First < 2091259129913041308130873088308930903091 30923093309430953101314131913591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 11:11 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
When you start shutting down businesses you are essentially enacting a stay at home order. WTF is a "voluntary stay at home order"? If you want to stay home then stay home. Why does that need an order?
It is a warning shot that if things don't improve he will issue a full stay at home order I imagine.

Originally Posted by :
Gov. Steve Sisolak is asking Nevadans to voluntarily stay home for the next two weeks as COVID-19 cases spike statewide, warning that if the data doesn’t improve over that period he will be forced to take more drastic action.

Under what Sisolak is calling “Stay at Home 2.0,” Nevadans are being urged to not go out in public unless absolutely necessary, not gather with those outside their households, order groceries for delivery instead of going to the store and pick up food curbside instead of dining at their favorite restaurant. Employers are also being asked to have their employees telework as much as possible for the next two weeks and host meetings virtually instead of in conference rooms.

“For the next two weeks, we must mimic our stay-at-home behaviors from this past spring,” Sisolak said at a press conference Tuesday evening. “If we do so, we believe we can begin to turn around things in two weeks without having to place increased restrictions on our businesses or our schools."

If the trends do not improve, Sisolak is threatening to once again put in place restrictions, though he declined on Tuesday to specify exactly what mitigation measures he is considering. In March, all nonessential businesses were forced to shut their doors for at least two months — even longer for bars, some of which weren’t allowed to open until September.

“I don't know what restrictions we're going to have to put in place, but they're going to be severe, they're going to be hard, and they're going to be things that people aren't going to want to do and I get that, but we don't have to do any of that,” Sisolak said. “I don't want to focus on what we're going to do if this doesn't work, because I want to believe, I do believe, this will work.”

[Reply]
Kman34 11:13 AM 11-11-2020
Until this month I didn’t have anyone close that has come down with it.. Now 2 coworkers, my bro in law.. and a couple of friends.... Seems like just a matter of time that my kids , grandkids and the wife and I catch it...
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 11-11-2020
Another problem we’ll have is that now that’s it’s everywhere there aren’t nurses and docs that can up and come help. Like New York early, it’s what you got now
[Reply]
DaFace 11:22 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Until this month I didn’t have anyone close that has come down with it.. Now 2 coworkers, my bro in law.. and a couple of friends.... Seems like just a matter of time that my kids , grandkids and the wife and I catch it...
It's kind of the nature of this beast and is why so many keep underestimating it. As long as it's not really close to your contact circles, you can be fine for a long time. But once it is, it spreads like wildfire.

In the past month, my brother and sister-in-law got it. Then separately, my niece who works in a school got it. Her husband got it. Both of his kids got it. His kids' mom got it...

Thankfully, the only (almost) death I've had is that my cleaning lady had an elderly couple she cared for. Both of them got it a few weeks back, and the husband is now in hospice.

I'm definitely worried about my dad, though. He's 69, has asthma, and had a heart attack around 10 years ago. I really hope he can stay isolated enough for a few more months.
[Reply]
TLO 11:23 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I feel the same way. I hadn't had anyone close even get it up until recently. Now I know a wide variety of people that have had it.
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 AM 11-11-2020
If there are really fire hot spots coming up, start vaccinating there once you get Emergency authorization
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 11-11-2020
My family has herd immunity with it so it’s nothing new to me
[Reply]
TLO 11:26 AM 11-11-2020

Great work by colleague @SecAzar and Operation Warp Speed team to save lives - 80,000 doses of Lilly's monoclonal antibody drug arrived to shipper and already allocated to states within hours of EUA granted #OWS #Success

— Scott W. Atlas (@SWAtlasHoover) November 11, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 11:27 AM 11-11-2020
The problem with the monoclonal antibodies is deciding who actually gets the treatment. I think they've said it will be prioritized for people 65+ or have a BMI greater than 35.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:29 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
The problem with the monoclonal antibodies is deciding who actually gets the treatment. I think they've said it will be prioritized for people 65+ or have a BMI greater than 35.
Sounds like you are bias towards CP posters.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:37 AM 11-11-2020
I don’t want to disclose a bunch of details, but my significant other, who is young and very healthy — has COVID. It’s a struggle right now. Pre-existing conditions have her battling like I never would have imagined. And damn it, it is tough getting through each day not knowing what the future holds. Thought things would be getting better by now, but so far only worse.

Please, protect your peers to the best of your ability. Wear a mask, keep your space whenever possible. This shit is real and it is not over.

Wishing anyone else who might be in a similar spot the absolute best.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:41 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t want to disclose a bunch of details, but my significant other, who is young and very healthy — has COVID. It’s a struggle right now. Pre-existing conditions have her battling like I never would have imagined. And damn it, it is tough getting through each day not knowing what the future holds. Thought things would be getting better by now, but so far only worse.

Please, protect your peers to the best of your ability. Wear a mask, keep your space whenever possible. This shit is real and it is not over.

Damn sorry to hear , good luck
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:44 AM 11-11-2020

Thoughts are with you and your significant other.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:59 AM 11-11-2020

Sorry to hear this Pug.. Hope she starts to feel better soon..
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:59 AM 11-11-2020
The Lilly drug is a therapeutic, right? I've been hearing more about vaccines, so I was confused since I hadn't heard Lilly in that pack of companies.
[Reply]
Page 3091 of 3903
« First < 2091259129913041308130873088308930903091 30923093309430953101314131913591 > Last »
Up