ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 63
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Live 24/7 webcam of watering hole in Africa
chagrin 12:33 PM 11-11-2006
This is killer shit dudes. Nature in action, if you like wildlife, that is. Animals of all sorts come by and drink, bath or just hang out. Also around dawn or dusk is when the action is most frequent. You can see comets, falling stars at night, listen to the sounds of nature at it's best.

First I will post the link, then a photo from a scene the camera caught

NEW LINK HERE
[Reply]
2112 08:29 PM 11-17-2006
Originally Posted by chagrin:
Just for the (god I really hate this ghetto ass term) "haters", I am sorry if this is not non stop blood lust, shit happens every once in a while and I apologize if it isn't killing all the time; I still find it fascinating though and I know that some fathers here have shared it with their kids, so that's very cool.
This thread has been totally cool man..it is addicting..you dont want to look away sometimes
[Reply]
chagrin 08:38 PM 11-17-2006
Originally Posted by bill parcells:
This thread has been totally cool man..it is addicting..you dont want to look away sometimes
Tell ya what, I still watch it every day and also at night. I like the sounds as I try to sleep, weird maybe, but it helps me sleep.

Side note, on the web site they have a way that individual users can pan the camera and get their own shots to capture, I think that's cool; I can't do that from my home computer, too slow, but I have seen many photos of other things, including cheetahs, lions, other big cats, etc.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:43 PM 11-17-2006
Just for the (god I really hate this ghetto ass term) "haters", I am sorry if this is not non stop blood lust, shit happens every once in a while and I apologize if it isn't killing all the time; I still find it fascinating though and I know that some fathers here have shared it with their kids, so that's very cool.
Eh, I was just givin you crap. I think it's interesting. I do wish we could get some lions on the screen or something, but unfortunately nature doesn't act like a zoo.

Oh, and I like the sounds at night, too, until those damn loud birds show up and ruin everything.
[Reply]
FAX 08:46 PM 11-17-2006
Personally, I love it. I'm very happy you posted it, Mr. chagrin.

I've spend many hours observing the vast variety of wildlife visible as they seek life-giving sustainence from the water hole and contemplating with amazement the fact that I'm watching the simple, pure, and peaceful beauty of nature from halfway around the world.

Still, there's a part of me that wants to see a lion rip the bloody entrails from a defenseless antelope.

FAX
[Reply]
DaFace 08:52 PM 11-17-2006
So when does the sun come up around this place?
[Reply]
FAX 08:53 PM 11-17-2006
Originally Posted by DaFace:
So when does the sun come up around this place?
Around midnight, I think, Mr.DaFace.

FAX
[Reply]
meStevo 08:55 PM 11-17-2006
Tell ya what, I still watch it every day and also at night. I like the sounds as I try to sleep, weird maybe, but it helps me sleep.

Side note, on the web site they have a way that individual users can pan the camera and get their own shots to capture, I think that's cool; I can't do that from my home computer, too slow, but I have seen many photos of other things, including cheetahs, lions, other big cats, etc.
The other night when i first noticed this I left it on when I went to sleep (gf was in other room on her computer playing WoW or something). I thought when she came to bed I'd get a 'what the hell is this??' but instead I remember waking up quite a bit later to her sitting up saying 'i cant stop watching it!'.

Since then, I've shared it with a number of friends, all are equally amazed.
[Reply]
meStevo 09:01 PM 11-17-2006
OK, from the Africam forums:

"Well, now that day is breaking at least we are looking at something! Even if it is just the 'rock pit' and hunk of dead wood at the base of the cam tree."

We're looking straight down i think, hope its on purpose.

http://www.africam.com/boma/viewforum.php?f=12
[Reply]
DaFace 09:12 PM 11-17-2006
Looks like the sun should be coming up any second according to this map. In case anyone's interested, the webcam is located here:

[Reply]
meStevo 09:22 PM 11-17-2006
Whoa!

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...ica/index.html

Click the 'r' (realplayer) logo in the bottom right of the feed to play in realplayer, otherwise you get the corrupt message.

Not the same place, this is a pond not a watering hole, more info on the location: http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...etes_pond.html
[Reply]
chagrin 09:59 PM 11-17-2006
Originally Posted by meStevo:
Whoa!

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...ica/index.html

Click the 'r' (realplayer) logo in the bottom right of the feed to play in realplayer, otherwise you get the corrupt message.

Not the same place, this is a pond not a watering hole, more info on the location: http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...etes_pond.html

So this is another one, cool! I love this stuff
[Reply]
chagrin 10:00 PM 11-17-2006
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, I was just givin you crap. I think it's interesting. I do wish we could get some lions on the screen or something, but unfortunately nature doesn't act like a zoo.

Oh, and I like the sounds at night, too, until those damn loud birds show up and ruin everything.

Sorry about the word hater, I don't like that. I had a bad day at work, so naturally I came home, got drunk and started bitching, heh - you've always been cool to me, I know it's frustrating not seeing action alot of the time.
[Reply]
dtebbe 10:19 PM 11-17-2006
Originally Posted by FAX:
Personally, I love it. I'm very happy you posted it, Mr. chagrin.

I've spend many hours observing the vast variety of wildlife visible as they seek life-giving sustainence from the water hole and contemplating with amazement the fact that I'm watching the simple, pure, and peaceful beauty of nature from halfway around the world.

Still, there's a part of me that wants to see a lion rip the bloody entrails from a defenseless antelope.

FAX
My personal favorite would be about 4 big female lions clamping onto the ass of a zebra and holding on until it falls. Zebras are pretty damn mean/tough....

DT
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 11:54 PM 11-17-2006
thundershowers
[Reply]
Otter 01:21 AM 11-18-2006
I just saw a guy with Sigma Chi painted on his chest go streaking across the camera and tackle a lemir.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 63
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up