Well, I did something...

Starting a new job in a few weeks.
You da man!!!

[Reply]
TribalElder 06:11 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Well, I did something...

Hopefully it was taking an hour and a half long shit while on the clock and stopping up the only toilet in the office before dropping your two weeks and going home for the day
[Reply]
Rausch 06:21 PM 02-18-2022
Well, I did something...

You have made a horrible mistake...
[Reply]
bdj23 06:32 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
You have made a horrible mistake...
Oh no :-)
[Reply]
scho63 09:50 PM 02-18-2022
Well, I did something...

Congrats and good luck!
[Reply]
Jenson71 09:47 PM 02-19-2022
Well, I did something...

Hey, me too!

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to be working for some sort of mafia front that is looking for a fall guy to do time in prison. I gave the second worst interview of my life (all of my interviews are bad, so I now say, "Marketing myself" when asked what an area I could improve on is, and immediately develop credibility with the interviewer). First, I didn't wear a tie. I told the interviewer I didn't have relevant references and was not entirely qualified for the position. Without any solicitation, I talked about a time I completely screwed up so bad I had to call our malpractice insurer.

I just hope my prison is one of those upper-tiered ones with head chefs who went to culinary school.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:22 PM 02-18-2022
I took a month long sabbatical after about 5.5 years of working a job I hated.....fortunately, I saved up more than enough to do so, so I hopped in my car and drove around the U.S. to see a few places I've never been to. In the meantime, I slowly started searching for a new job for a position that would be a resume builder for me......after the month off, I found that job, and am still with this company almost 9 years later, promoted twice and now running the entire group.

Wouldn't spend a second longer in a job you're unhappy with.....
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 06:10 PM 02-18-2022
Without getting too detailed about my personal life....

I'm burnt out

Has anyone on CP ever had to do this? Did it work out for you? Is not having the extra money worth being happy? Is making alright money worth feeling like you have sold your soul?

Any input or advice is appreciated.
About 25 years ago, I quit a job I hated making 100,000 grand a year. Back then, a 100,000 grand a year would buy a lot of beer. Next day I was down at LaborReady and making minimum wage doing temp work...scrubbing toilets, moving furniture...whatever. I'd worked along side people living on the streets who wore jeans with duct tape over the holes.
Best decision I ever made. It was tough paying the bills. The wife had to go back to work for a bit but It wasn't long before I found something I liked doing making a good living.

I could be a lot more wealthier today at the cost of a lot a misery.

If you don't mind busting your ass but your job is making you miserable my advice is to quit. If you are smart and willing to work hard, opportunities will come your way.
[Reply]
threebag 06:35 PM 02-18-2022
Just make bank at the job you hate, invest and roll out at 45.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:42 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Just make bank at the job you hate, invest and roll out at 45.
I don't make that kinda $
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:55 PM 02-18-2022
I’ve only hated one job. Just couldn’t see eye to eye with anyone who worked there (and myself was going through the roughest patch in my life, which played a big part in it) and was miserable. Luckily for me that was a spring board to many better days. But I hate changing jobs, even in extreme situations. But I left that guaranteed full time job for a job that was only temporary. But the temporary job lasted for a year and a half and got me so much more experience that I’ve done much better since. Being unhappy at work is like being unhappy at home. You are there for half of your day, if you’re miserable it’s gonna affect your mental health, and life.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:34 AM 02-19-2022
Well, I did something...

Congrats my man. Hope it works out.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up