ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Patteeu
BigRedChief 12:58 AM 05-01-2021
Patteau was my friend. That may surprise some of you, but we were real life friends for 15+ years, I met Gene at my Arrowhead tailgate sometime in the mid 2000’s. It was the only time we ever met face to face. We hit it off at the tailgate. We only knew each other from Chiefs Planet, we were obviously totally opposites in our political views but outside of that subject, we found we had a lot in common.

We decided to stay in real life contact after the game. Over the 15+ years we kept in touch with what was happening in our real lives. We worked together many times on the packages for the troops. He gave his time and not just money to help get those packages out to the troops.

He was so proud of his daughters. He would go on about how smart they were. Both are successful in life now. They live in NY and LA and as he said so proudly, just as conservative in their views as him.

Gene went through a divorce, daughters moving to different states. Moving etc. I shared with him my son’s path, my moves, milestones etc.

And then there was Gene’s health issues. I swore to keep them to myself. Sometimes I wanted to defend him about being short or aggressive towards someone. You would be short too if you only ½ of one lung left.

At the end, Gene needed a walker to move. On oxygen all the time. Have multiple cancers in different places. Paralysis in his right arm so when he posted on the Planet. He was only able to post using his one good arm and hand.

He was still fighting all that to the end. He did not go gently into the night. He went out fighting death with everything he had. I can only hope that when my time comes, I’ll have the courage he showed.

I will miss my friend.

Gene is the one behind Stevie Ray on the left.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:22 AM 05-01-2021
Holy shit that was quick. Rip fellow CP member. It's amazing how this is really a community. And although we may have different views, we're all in this together.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:37 AM 05-01-2021
Pat was one of my favorite people here. Intelligent, level-headed, wry wit. Godspeed.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:45 AM 05-01-2021
Goddamm it. My first "CP friend" on my friends list.

This really sucks. RIP Pat. You rocked.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:50 AM 05-01-2021
Goddamm it. My first "CP friend" on my friends list.

This really sucks. RIP Pat. You rocked.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:00 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
But there's no question that he was a far more level-headed and thoughtful person than the "DC crazies," and I can't think of a time he wasn't respectful with his criticism. A few times he even managed to convince me to see things his way.
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Pat and I had our disagreements in DC but we always respected each other. The cool thing was outside of DC we agreed alot and I always respected what he said. I talked to him a few times about his health issues and I am absolutely heartbroken he has passed away.

RIP my friend.
Originally Posted by banyon:
I have probably had more discussions and arguments with patteeu than 90% of people on this forum. We disagreed on about the same percentage too. But he would always defend me and others from people disagreeing in a disrespectful manner. I never met him in RL (I have met a select few of you). Reminds me that even when we disagree on petty political BS, when you actually get to know people, you probably have more in common than you think. Would also laugh and rep people on the opposite side of the political aisle if he thought it was actually funny. Class guy.
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Agreed - the dude was amazing about not getting personal.

This whole forum would be so much better off if the DC forum never existed imo. Half the forum wouldn't hate the other half, and I bet there would still be a lot of IRL meetups.
I agree 100% with the above. Pat and I disagreed on a lot of things in the DC forum. He was always polite and respectful. I wasn't. I've been a dick in the DC forum for a long time, and I regret that now.

Rest in peace, Pat. We will miss you.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:02 AM 05-01-2021
Damn. RIP friend.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:16 AM 05-01-2021
Rest East, Pat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 05-01-2021
Damn.

I'm crushed.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 11:37 AM 05-01-2021
Damn. Seemed like an awesome guy.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:45 AM 05-01-2021
Oh fuck.

RIP
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:46 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Damn.

I'm crushed.
I am too. :-)

Rest in peace.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:05 PM 05-01-2021
Damn. R.I.P.

We lost a good one.
[Reply]
Hydrae 12:13 PM 05-01-2021
Very sorry to hear that the rip cord on his chute didn't work. :-)

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. We lost one of the good ones for sure.

RIP
[Reply]
theoldcoach 12:20 PM 05-01-2021
RIP Patteau.

You were the best of us!
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:21 PM 05-01-2021
I hope his family and friends can arrive at some closure and healing. this is a loss for all of CP. RIP Gene
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up