Page 282 of 283
« First < 182232272278279280281282 283 >
Hall of Classics>****OFFICIAL Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl LIV Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 02-02-2020
Let’s do this shit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:37 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It’s on NFL.com. They sometimes offer free passes (just gotta look out for it). It’s $25 a month, but I’m only paying for this month before cancelling the night before opening day. They have full rebroadcasts of every game (and listening options from several broadcasts) as well as the All 22. Perfect listening material for my 45 minute commute.
$25 a month?

I’ve paid $99 a year since 2018.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:13 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
$25 a month?

I’ve paid $99 a year since 2018.
Good call. I got mixed around because it immediately became free once I agreed to monthly installments. I’ll make the edit!
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:30 PM 08-16-2020
In traditional circumstances I would be 100% in agreement - especially if you have a top ten QB. However, in the 49ere position I think you have to rely on the strength of your football team - especially since the time remaining is very much operating as a 12th teammate at the point on the field.

It reminds me of when Haley would refuse to hand the ball off to Charles and would instead opt to have Matt Cassel chuck the hall in spite of having zero trust in Matt. It also makes me think of the 2013 and 2017 playoff games where Andy ran the ball seven? times despite having a lead in the second half. Am I remembering right that Andy only gave the ball to Kareem three times in the 2nd half in the 2017 game against the Titans?

Don’t get me wrong, with Mahomes I really could not care less if Andy chucks the ball 50 times in the 2nd half up by 20. Whatever. It’s Pat. He can be trusted. But Jimmy? I don’t see it. Shanny did a similar thing in their loss against the Ravens earlier in the year. It was 4th and 1, Mostert had shredded the Ravens all game in the pouring rain and what does Shanny call? Two passes on two different 4th and 1’s, one of which Jimmy flat out missed a wide open receiver. The play calls can be perfect on Shanny’s end, but at the end of the day if you’re trusting Jimmy to deliver over Mostert and Kittle (who’s blocking), you’re probably out thinking yourself. At a certain point, it doesn’t matter if the defense knows what’s coming, you just gotta rely on your guys to beat them.

Funnily enough, I would trust Matt Ryan in that situation way more than Jimmy - but Falcons fans hilariously all called Kyle to keep chucking the ball and blow the lead in the 4th - which he did. It was basically a massive salt filled celebration on the Falcons subreddit after the game.

The thing that interests me the most is that Andy was actually quicker to rely on the run in the 2nd half of the Titans game with Mahomes than he was 2 seasons ago with Alex. It has to help that both the Titans and Niners allowed the Chiefs red carpet access to the running game due to their very justified fears of Patrick.
I think a lot of Reid’s deal is with Alex they were sitting on the short stuff/run game. Throwing the ball (intermediate/deep -Smith. Ya fuck). But everyone is scared of Mahomes so the run was ther e
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:37 PM 08-16-2020
By the way - if you haven’t - give the 9ers broadcast a listen on gamepass. Greg Papa gives a HOF worthy broadcast but what really makes it stand out is Tim Ryan’s analysis. For a rival broadcast, it’s about as fair as it gets (some homerism, of course, but it’s minimal). And Tim and Greg genuinely give great calls to Chiefs highlights.

A good example was the DPI on Kelce. While Kurt Warner was lamenting a “bad NFL rule” on Westwood One that allows QB’s to take advantage of easy DPI’s (I think Warner was trying to balance Harlan’s obvious KC bias he had in the game lol). Ryan went into detail about how great of a play Kelce made and that he made a perfect, veteran move to engage contact and that it was, ultimately, on Moore for not turning his head around. Both Papa and Ryan had massive praise for Kelce throughout the game (a stark contrast from 9er fan homerism that since he’s not Kittle, he must suck).

They also suspected Damien’s sweeps right were all a ploy to gas/put hits on Sherman. Papa literally says “expect the Chiefs to try to go over the top on a tired Sherman sometime this quarter.” You could just tell that both of these guys have exceptional IQ’s of the game (and even seemed ahead of Shanny in some capacities).

They were pretty much ready to dare the Chiefs to stop their run up 20-10 (after Jimmy's high incompletion on 2nd and 9) They went on to not hide their criticism of Kyle's playcalling in the 4th quarter. At the beginning of the Niners drive up 20-17, Ryan said the worst possible thing they could do was stop the clock and at worst, immediately give the ball back to a warmed up Mahomes. They said this was the time to lean on their team's biggest strength and hottest player (Mostert) they were baffled that Shanny went to the air on 2nd and 3rd and 5 of that drive. Before the final drive, they pointed out that with 3 timeouts, nothing was preventing the Niners from running the ball and playing their normal offense down the field. They said the Niners shouldn't go for home runs and give the ball back to Mahomes with any time left, but get into their rhythm. Instead, they eventually turned it over on downs with 2 batted balls in that series. Hearing that kind of criticism from their own team's announcers was... a bit refreshing?

They were pretty bummed by the end, but that's to be expected. It pains me to admit, but their analysis also ran circles around Kendall’s from start to finish (and I like him more than most).

Always liked Tim Ryan on NFL radio when he did that a few years back.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:24 PM 08-16-2020
They were pretty bummed by the end, but that's to be expected. It pains me to admit, but their analysis also ran circles around Kendall’s from start to finish (and I like him more than most).
I'm listening to the HOU playoff game now. I never really heard Kendall much since I live outside of KC and it's too hard to sync internet radio to the TV. Yeah he doesn't seem to add much at all. They need to get a better color guy.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:19 PM 08-21-2020
This just popped up on my YouTube feed; if it's been posted here, I haven't seen it. Funny as hell. Enjoy.

[Reply]
Stryker 10:26 PM 08-21-2020
I cannot even begin to tell you guys how many times I have watched this game. I am actually watching it right now. It is just an unbelievable game and we WIN EVERY TIME! Jesus Christ it is soooo our time! Feels so good to be a Chiefs fan right now. I work for a hospital and I wear my 3 Chiefs masks with pride around so very many Saints fans - hell YES!
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 12:46 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This just popped up on my YouTube feed; if it's been posted here, I haven't seen it. Funny as hell. Enjoy.

I subscribe to Urinating Tree.

He's hilarious and pulls out one of these "Week in Review" after each NFL weekend.
[Reply]
RoyalsAndSaints 07:58 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
I cannot even begin to tell you guys how many times I have watched this game. I am actually watching it right now. It is just an unbelievable game and we WIN EVERY TIME! Jesus Christ it is soooo our time! Feels so good to be a Chiefs fan right now. I work for a hospital and I wear my 3 Chiefs masks with pride around so very many Saints fans - hell YES!
As a Saints fan, it felt so good watching the Niners fail like that. We certainly were pulling for the Chiefs. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 12:10 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by RoyalsAndSaints:
As a Saints fan, it felt so good watching the Niners fail like that. We certainly were pulling for the Chiefs. :-) :-)
It was such a shame that we didn't get to play the Saints in the Super Bowl in 2019. Instead of the game the universe wanted to see, we were stuck with the game the Goodell wanted us to see.

The final score would have probably been 84-80. :-)
[Reply]
RoyalsAndSaints 07:07 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It was such a shame that we didn't get to play the Saints in the Super Bowl in 2019. Instead of the game the universe wanted to see, we were stuck with the game the Goodell wanted us to see.

The final score would have probably been 84-80. :-)
The SB we never had, could’ve been a Madden video game!
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:52 PM 08-25-2020
The prints are fucking expensive, but the same guy who did a Royals WS painting just came out with the Chiefs SB version.

https://www.leopoldgallery.com/artis...at=WilliamRose

[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:30 PM 08-25-2020
Who won the Super Bowl? I hope it was the Kansas City Chiefs, which is my favorite team.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:43 AM 08-29-2020
We did it guys.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:48 PM 08-29-2020
Originally Posted by RoyalsAndSaints:
My cousin is a huge Saints fan [and I must admit residual affection from the erections incurred by The Doom Patrol], so I feel your pain. Though I mostly enjoy my own joy, . . you understand.

All year the past two years she's been talking a lot until the playoffs [and fortunately or unfortunately, she managed to attend both of the last two play off losses], and I just quietly kept telling her, wait 'til you get a load of our new guy.

She's not a fan, but she gets it now. :-)
[Reply]
Page 282 of 283
« First < 182232272278279280281282 283 >
Up