ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>HALO (TV Series)
Molitoth 09:13 AM 03-26-2022
I figured I'd start the thread for this show on Paramount+

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:20 AM 03-26-2022
Don't currently have a Paramount+ sub so I'm going to wait a few weeks until some more episodes are released and then binge watch them. Very excited for the show as I was a big Halo player back in the 1, 2 and 3 days.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:41 AM 03-26-2022
Lost all interest when they said they didn't even look at the games when developing the show.
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:06 PM 03-26-2022
It was… ok.

I’m not a huge Halo fanboi so I don’t really care about the story diverging from the games, but the CGI during the Covenant battle just wasn’t good. Once that was over, the show got a little better, but still nothing better than distraction level entertainment.
[Reply]
Fish 03:46 PM 03-26-2022
Well, that was not was I was expecting at all. First episode felt more like a political drama. I thought it would be something more like the storyline of the games. Not really terrible though. I'll probably watch more episodes just to see what happens.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 04:41 PM 03-26-2022
The youtube nerds are heavily shitting all over it.

I might watch anyway.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:19 AM 04-02-2022
Episode 2 was a little boring...
[Reply]
Fish 10:21 AM 04-02-2022
Pretty slow so far, other than the initial battle in the pilot episode.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:58 AM 04-02-2022
Show did its job. I downloaded more of the game crap on XBox bc of it.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 01:40 PM 04-02-2022
I haven't played the game.

The show is not compelling. I'll probably watch a couple more episodes before deciding to bail or not.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:08 PM 04-03-2022
Show is fucking garbage, just because it’s retarded. Spartan kills elites with same guns other can’t… just doesn’t make sense
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:38 PM 04-03-2022
Never played the video game. But this got me interested..

according to “Halo” executive producer Darryl Frank. In a new interview with Total Film, Frank revealed that Spielberg was heavily involved in the show, and left his mark on nearly every aspect of the series.

“We treated it as though it was a legacy project of Steven’s,” Frank said. “He godfathered it in terms of reading every script, helping choose showrunners, writers, director, cast, production design, and visual effects; every aspect of it, he looked at.”

Given Spielberg’s extensive experience with both science fiction and war movies, the material is firmly within his wheelhouse, as “Halo” focuses on a 26th century war between humans and an alien threat known as the Covenant. The “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” director’s involvement will likely be welcome news to “Halo” fans hoping the series can break the long streak of troubled Hollywood adaptations of beloved video games.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:55 PM 04-03-2022
Haven't had a single bit of exposure to whatever HALO is outside of/preceding this show. I know it's a video game franchise, but I'm not a gamer even a little tiny bit. Outside the [unused] capabilities of a PC, the closest I've had to a 'gaming system' in my life is one of those novelty old-school Atari joysticks with the 'classic' games built-in.

Based just on the first two episodes, it has plenty of holes, but it seems decent enough in visuals, pacing and presence. I guess that's a roundabout half-hearted way of saying, if you want 'turn your brain off' zip and zazz that doesn't bog TOO much, you could do worse.

I'm sure there are plenty of fans of the existing property with passionate criticism, just a newcomer/outsider take on how it works as a weekly 45+ minutes of couch potatoing.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:30 PM 04-06-2022
I watched the first episode on Youtube and thought it was fine. I played Halo 1-3 and loved those games so I know the characters, except for Kwan Ha because she's new. Seeing the Covenant and the Spartans and them battling with all the familiar weapons was pretty cool.

Hearing that Halo theme song is like crack to the ears for me.

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:36 PM 04-07-2022
Cortana is fucking hot.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up