ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 71
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:25 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Well. God damn.

I totally missed the fact that we just won back to back Superbowls.

I rescind all criticisms, and commit the rest of the day to re watching the superbowl, and pay closer attention to how we beat the Buccaneers.
Oh that's not even what I'm laughing at (I knew what he meant).

I'm laughing at the fact that he thinks Patriot fans are just this nice little crew of accommodating wall-flowers. Or that Seahawks fans haven't been eviscerating Carrol and crew since the Butler pick.

It's just completely delusional.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 03:31 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh that's not even what I'm laughing at (I knew what he meant).

I'm laughing at the fact that he thinks Patriot fans are just this nice little crew of accommodating wall-flowers. Or that Seahawks fans haven't been eviscerating Carrol and crew since the Butler pick.

It's just completely delusional.
A lot of Steeler fans don't like Tomlin

A lot of Philly fans were very happy when Reid left. And then ran out Pederson who won a SB for them.

Happens everywhere when expectations are high and the team is not meeting them.
[Reply]
philfree 03:35 PM 10-31-2021
Hitchens is out for the Monday Nighter. When a guy sucks so bad he cries and then quits.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:41 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
LOL, I'm the melodramatic vag? Not the overreacting fans who have been crying like the world is ending because weve had a single setback? Who's the one being dramatic here? This is probably the most critical our fans have been since the end of the Pioli era and that is bizarre coming from a fan base that has been kissed by God by recent fortunes. It's fine to be critical, but goddamn our fans don't realize how really fucking good we have it right now.
This is the crux, you characterize the worst defense in nearly all of NFL history, while mostly healthy, a 'single setback.' And you further seek to conflate underperformance with adversity.

The Browns lost today, bringing their record to what we ASPIRE TO tomorrow, but their franchise QB has his arm in a sling and they're on their 4th string RB.

That's underperformance spurred by adversity, not turning your back and running away from contact, and little girl slapfights along the DL.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:42 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Hitchens is out for the Monday Nighter. When a guy sucks so bad he cries and then quits.
Oh yeah!?! He's rich, and his kids are rich, and your dumb ass made that happen. . .
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:46 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And again, stop suggesting that I'm saying we can't be critical. This is one of the worst criticisms than we've seen from our fans even when we weren't particularly good. And yeah, it is highly unusual for fans to talk about firing a GM and head coach after winning back to back super bowls.

Most fans attack their teams because they've had years sometimes decades of frustration. We know. We've been there before. Of course dolphins and browns fans are going to get upset over adversity. We've been struggling for a couple of weeks. And we still have it really damn good. We have every right to be very critical. But the end of the world shit is way over the top. We are still incredibly lucky to have the team we have.
We are very lucky to have Tyreek, Kelce, Mahomes, and possibly Reid.

The rest Pioli and Haley ACTUALLY COULD cultivate from 22 guys off the street.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:47 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I’ve lived in a couple of different NFL cities. KC is soft, like Charmin soft by comparison. Anyone (I’m looking at you, HB) using Twitter as their measuring stick for Fan behavior is lol stupid. He needs to disengage from social media altogether and stop mirroring all the little twats on Twitter
KC is a very homer city when it comes to our teams. Honestly, CP isn’t a great mirror image of the fan base. Better than twitter, obviously. But we are from being a homer site. Over all the metro/“kingdom” is ver homerish.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:49 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
KC is a very homer city when it comes to our teams. Honestly, CP isn’t a great mirror image of the fan base. Better than twitter, obviously. But we are from being a homer site. Over all the metro/“kingdom” is ver homerish.
This is true. Most of them wanted to keep Alex Smith especially that Baby Lee guy :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:53 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This is the crux, you characterize the worst defense in nearly all of NFL history, while mostly healthy, a 'single setback.' And you further seek to conflate underperformance with adversity.

The Browns lost today, bringing their record to what we ASPIRE TO tomorrow, but their franchise QB has his arm in a sling and they're on their 4th string RB.

That's underperformance spurred by adversity, not turning your back and running away from contact, and little girl slapfights along the DL.
Word.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:54 PM 10-31-2021
We are very lucky to have Tyreek, Kelce, Mahomes, and possibly Reid.

The rest Pioli and Haley ACTUALLY COULD cultivate from 22 guys off the street.
:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:55 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This is true. Most of them wanted to keep Alex Smith especially that Baby Lee guy :-)
Humor usually needs at least a tangential tethering to reality.

This doesn't even make sense.

But whatever, I suppose after a while an addiction to fiction spreads throughout your entire personality. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:58 PM 10-31-2021
Seeing has how you mention BL specifically, I assume you are addressing the Planet portion of my comments. To which I would submit that this place was at a bare minimum 60/40 in favor of moving on from him.

Just a rough estimation based upon my own viewership of the board.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:59 PM 10-31-2021
Humor usually needs at least a tangential tethering to reality.

This doesn't even make sense.

But whatever, I suppose after a while an addiction to fiction spreads throughout your entire personality. :-)
I just messing with you..sort of :-)

But there was alot of homers wanting to keep AS and didn't understand why we drafted Mahomes.

I am just afraid that if Mahomes continues to struggle these bandwagon fans will start turning on him. Already seeing hints of this on social media
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:16 PM 10-31-2021
I just messing with you..sort of :-)

But there was alot of homers wanting to keep AS and didn't understand why we drafted Mahomes.

I am just afraid that if Mahomes continues to struggle these bandwagon fans will start turning on him. Already seeing hints of this on social media
'A lot of homers' but you picked out one person who never once came close to anything like that.

My highest praise of Alex was always 'he's not our biggest problem.' He was a good enough QB to play good football around. A lot of teams have that, but we didn't for a long time before him. I was immediately on board with Mahomes, and once we had him I stopped worrying at all about our future at QB at all [a lot earlier than most of his biggest present fans], and started focusing on the problems elsewhere in the franchise. Problems that were postponed by epic performance at QB but have lingered and are now front and center.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:22 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Many people are stupid. Many of them are also loud and militantly ignorant. And none of them know they're stupid.

But again - there's no getting around that. It just is what it is and what it will always be. If you have an engaged fanbase, you'll have the same proportion of loud and stupid fans when they're bad as you will when they're good.

What makes you think that things are at ALL different in KC than they are in any of those cities I mentioned? Everything is relative - at worst what players get here is on par with what they'd get elsewhere (and again, I think they're largely treated far better here).

Meanwhile Mathieu is specifically citing Kansas City as disproportionately 'toxic' and that's just horseshit. And folks like you are here to white knight the guy for saying something that is just facially ludicrous.

You're asking me to 'defend' loud and stupid (though much of it lately hasn't been stupid - it's been extremely fair). I'm simply reminding you that there is no curing it. It's ever-present. There will always be loud and stupid and the only way to silence them is apathy. I don't think that's what Mathieu wants either.

And again, you're also trying to paint Mathieu as bristling at over the top criticisms - that's just not the case. He's getting bent out of shape over reasonable analysis and extremely fair questions.
Dude I have called for Mathieus head. I have not defended any players who attack the fans. I've been plenty critical of everyone from Reid to spagnuolo to CEH to mecole to our entire shit defense.

What I haven't done is talk about firing veach. Or attacking Reid as being cooked. Or getting dramatic about how we need to blow everything up from the top down. Or going onto social media and directly attacking players and their families.

We are not the northeast nor should we want to be. We are not a fan base that is frustrated by decades of shit luck and sees no light at the end of the tunnel. We are a team kissed by God going through a bump in the road. You'd think we were the dolphins or browns the way we're griping about our team. And no, this is not common. I don't remember this many calls for Schneiders or Pete Carroll's head immediately after their second super bowl. Thats called being a fair weathered fan. And we've been through way too much as a fan base to stoop to that.

I'm not going that route and never have. I'm critical as hell of this team, but for crying out loud do you know how many fans would kill to be us right now? The fans need to take a big fucking deep breath. Demand accountability but also trust in Reid and mahomes to turn this around. Give veach five seconds to fix this considering many of our problems come from the guys we signed to quickly bandaid our way into a super bowl.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 71
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up