ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 1866
« First < 172324252627 2829303137771275271027 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
bigdaddychieffan 08:19 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
So, how many of our CP friends have been vaccinated? If so, any issues?
I got my first vaccination for Covid on Wednesday. Sore arm. That has mostly resolved. Nothing other than that.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:52 AM 01-10-2021
Vaccine rollout hits snag as health workers balk at shots

https://tiny.iavian.net/17m9n

Well I'm still going to take it.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:11 AM 01-15-2021
I may start another thread on this as I would be curious on the answer. After you take the vaccine, will you continue to wear a mask even when you are not forced to?

I had a guy at work tell me the CDC says you still have to wear the mask after you have antibodies. I asked him on what scientific evidence did they come to that conclusion on. He has yet to provide it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:13 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I may start another thread on this as I would be curious on the answer. After you take the vaccine, will you continue to wear a mask even when you are not forced to?

I had a guy at work tell me the CDC says you still have to wear the mask after you have antibodies. I asked him on what scientific evidence did they come to that conclusion on. He has yet to provide it.
Yes, even Faux-chi has been saying that.
[Reply]
2112 11:14 AM 01-15-2021
Probably. Since I already had covid I want to see what my doctor says first.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:18 AM 01-15-2021
So far a healthy 51 year old American doctor has died after receiving the Pfizer vaccine, 23 in Norway ( see other thread for links) and now resident in Belgium dies five days after receiving Pfizer/BioNTech’s vaccine, per the Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP).

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/b...izer-biontech/
[Reply]
banyon 11:21 AM 01-15-2021

Here ya go:

First, even highly effective vaccines arenít 100% effective.

— Dr. Tom Frieden (@DrTomFrieden) January 14, 2021

Second, we donít yet know if the vaccine protects against infection or only against illness. In other words, a vaccinated person might still be able to spread the virus, even if they donít feel sick.

Third, having some people not wear masks would undermine the public good that the more people who wear masks, the less the virus spreads. Practically, there would be no way, for example, for a shopkeeper to know whether an unmasked customer is vaccinated or not.

Finally, new strains may arise that evade the vaccine, although we certainly hope this will not happen.

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:25 AM 01-15-2021
Just got hit. Thanks Pfizer
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:27 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Here ya go:

Recommendation based on no scientific proof and to make people feel better. Ok. In general, you are not contagious after you stop showing symptoms and produce antibodies for any virus. I see no reason to wear a mask after you have been vaccinated unless they provide some evidence to the contrary. I also feel that even if they do present evidence the contrary they might as well say **** it and let the virus do it's job. There won't be any stopping it any way.
[Reply]
banyon 11:31 AM 01-15-2021
Recommendation based on no scientific proof and to make people feel better. Ok. In general, you are not contagious after you stop showing symptoms and produce antibodies for any virus. I see no reason to wear a mask after you have been vaccinated unless they provide some evidence to the contrary. I also feel that even if they do present evidence the contrary they might as well say **** it and let the virus do it's job. There won't be any stopping it any way.
You seem to have the principle: because we don't know (x) with certainty, then (x) is a reasonable risk to take. That seems like a dangerous principle. Medicine is risk averse.

Also, he makes a good point about society at large. How is Walmart, for instance supposed to tell who has been vaccinated and therefore doesn't need to wear a mask?
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:35 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
You seem to have the principle: because we don't know (x) with certainty, then (x) is a reasonable risk to take. That seems like a dangerous principle. Medicine is risk averse.

Also, he makes a good point about society at large. How is Walmart, for instance supposed to tell who has been vaccinated and therefore doesn't need to wear a mask?
There is no proof sending me all your money won't make you immune to catching it. You should send me all your money just to be safe.

Recommendation should be made by scientific proof and not just because.
[Reply]
banyon 11:38 AM 01-15-2021
There is no proof sending me all your money won't make you immune to catching it. You should send me all your money just to be safe.
There might be degrees of probability between something that is a 0% chance and something that would be a relatively likely/possible event (e.g., viruses are known to mutate, vaccines not 100% effective, prior vaccines shown to protect against illness and not infection).
[Reply]
Pawnmower 11:43 AM 01-15-2021
I see no reason to wear a mask after you have been vaccinated unless they provide some evidence to the contrary.

You don't need "evidence" to understand what Frieden is saying. Its common sense. If you're out buying groceries
Over the next few months how will anyone know if you have been vaccinated? If you have a business, and you
require masks ....and someone walks in with no mask on, what would YOU do? The other customers are there
and you could lose your business if you do not do something. If its my business I politely ask you to leave. Once.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:54 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
You don't need "evidence" to understand what Frieden is saying. Its common sense. If you're out buying groceries
Over the next few months how will anyone know if you have been vaccinated? If you have a business, and you
require masks ....and someone walks in with no mask on, what would YOU do? The other customers are there
and you could lose your business if you do not do something. If its my business I politely ask you to leave. Once.
The original question was where you are not required to.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:56 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Q: do you have a poster of Bill Gates next to Dr. Fauci's poster in your house?
Got Dad?
Attached: no collusion here gates fauci annenberg rockefeller soros.jpg (77.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 27 of 1866
« First < 172324252627 2829303137771275271027 > Last »
Up