ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 267 of 1866
« First < 167217257263264265266267 2682692702712773173677671267 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
Fish 10:34 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I asked for a long enough span of years to put this one in context, and used a reasonable 20 year span in my request, and you gave me 4 years, which you surely aren't too fucking stupid to realize is nowhere near enough data to be of any real significance in a comparison.

Now, instead of just saying something intelligent and accurate like "Good point, I'll find more", or "It's all I could find", or something like that, you decided to be an asshole about contrary evidence to a stat that's all but completely meaningless without more context.

Yeah, try flipping your failure onto me, that's brilliant work.

:-)
Nowhere near enough data? That's strange, coming from someone who has posted zero data. Typical for you... maybe post another Tweet, that'll do it...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:43 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Nowhere near enough data? That's strange, coming from someone who has posted zero data. Typical for you... maybe post another Tweet, that'll do it...

Let's see if you can pull your head out of your ass long enough for you to see the light here.

I don't doubt that the numbers are going to be wonky, in a number of ways and for a number of reasons. I'm not asking you for data because I have some desire to offer contrary evidence, because anything we get is still going to need to be dug into much more than just looking at bulk numbers. However, posting bulk data that's only over a 4 year span is meaningless in this context, because the time period is too short. We need a much longer timeline in order to really start seeing just how wonky the numbers are, and why.

Just for example, we could be looking at the data and asking why gun deaths were what they were. How much was being isolated limiting numbers? How much was being stuck with the same people, and just getting more and more frustrated with those people increasing numbers? What are cancer death numbers like? How will cancer deaths be impacted moving forward, with all the screenings that were skipped? How about automobile deaths and the way they were impacted, or drownings, or hunting accidents?

And so on, and so on, and so on.

And if you're still incapable of figuring out that I wasn't asking the question out of hostility towards you or your position, you're too stupid to be allowed on the internet.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 10:46 PM 05-24-2021
Speaking of graphs...

[Reply]
Fish 11:05 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Let's see if you can pull your head out of your ass long enough for you to see the light here.

I don't doubt that the numbers are going to be wonky, in a number of ways and for a number of reasons. I'm not asking you for data because I have some desire to offer contrary evidence, because anything we get is still going to need to be dug into much more than just looking at bulk numbers. However, posting bulk data that's only over a 4 year span is meaningless in this context, because the time period is too short. We need a much longer timeline in order to really start seeing just how wonky the numbers are, and why.

Just for example, we could be looking at the data and asking why gun deaths were what they were. How much was being isolated limiting numbers? How much was being stuck with the same people, and just getting more and more frustrated with those people increasing numbers? What are cancer death numbers like? How will cancer deaths be impacted moving forward, with all the screenings that were skipped? How about automobile deaths and the way they were impacted, or drownings, or hunting accidents?

And so on, and so on, and so on.

And if you're still incapable of figuring out that I wasn't asking the question out of hostility towards you or your position, you're too stupid to be allowed on the internet.
You're not asking for data, because the data disputes your claims.

In case anyone else is interested, this is absolutely backed up by data... The age-adjusted death rate increased by 15.9% in 2020.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:07 AM 05-25-2021
It is estimated that 250,000 people die a year in the US through medical errors.

Easy to see an extra 300,000 more killed through panic, improper treatments like sending sick people into nursing homes and excessive use of ventilators.

Then the excess death under 70s can be jumped through drug and alcohol abuse.
[Reply]
Katipan 05:16 AM 05-25-2021

Originally Posted by :
The reason for the wide disparity in estimates of preventable hospital deaths is relatively simple, Rodwin said. Studies like the 1999 Institute of Medicine project began by looking at admitted patients with any adverse event, such as an incorrect diagnosis or delay in therapy, then at how many of those errors were preventable and caused harm, and ultimately at how many of those errors led to the death of a patient. This method could have introduced more opportunities for bias and error, the Yale researchers said.

Instead, in their meta-analysis they included only studies conducted after 2007 that took a different and, they argue, more direct approach. Each of the component studies started with hospital deaths and worked backward to determine their cause and whether they were preventable for instance, resulting from a wrong diagnosis or a failure to manage a condition properly.

The new study also shows that the number of previously healthy people who die every year from hospital error is about 7,150. The remainder of preventable deaths occurred in patients with less than a three-month life expectancy.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:31 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
The remainder of preventable deaths occurred in patients with less than a three-month life expectancy.

Sounds like Covid deaths.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:52 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
You're not asking for data, because the data disputes your claims.

In case anyone else is interested, this is absolutely backed up by data... The age-adjusted death rate increased by 15.9% in 2020.
Any bets on whether the birth rate goes up that much this year?
[Reply]
Monticore 05:58 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Any bets on whether the birth rate goes up that much this year?
With increase in job loss and probably more divorces I would bet on a lower birth rate.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:20 AM 05-25-2021
"age adjusted death rate"

Why adjust?
What was/is death rate before this "adjustment"?

Something as clear as Covid killed an assload of people and hospitalized a lot more should not need an adjustment. Another example of how facts get altered and when presented come across as something all phoneyed up.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:29 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
"age adjusted death rate"

Why adjust?
What was/is death rate before this "adjustment"?

Something as clear as Covid killed an assload of people and hospitalized a lot more should not need an adjustment. Another example of how facts get altered and when presented come across as something all phoneyed up.
That's a great question. The reason why you would want to adjust is if you are comparing an older population like the United States to a younger one such as a country like India. If you don't adjust for age it can appear that "all these people are dying" in population A when that should be expected if you look at how many people are near death/elderly already.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:46 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That's a great question. The reason why you would want to adjust is if you are comparing an older population like the United States to a younger one such as a country like India. If you don't adjust for age it can appear that "all these people are dying" in population A when that should be expected if you look at how many people are near death/elderly already.

That assumes the data collection accuracy is same in both instances...Id wager its not even worthy of comparison...

I want to care about India but in that regard, I am lacking. I would assume the health care there is far below that of the US particularly among the poor. Its a country with huge disparity among its people.

How does one collect data (information actually"on people who are near death?

Reeks of cooking the books and building numbers to support an agenda....
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:48 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
That assumes the data collection accuracy is same in both instances...Id wager its not even worthy of comparison...

I want to care about India but in that regard, I am lacking. I would assume the health care there is far below that of the US particularly among the poor. Its a country with huge disparity among its people.

How does one collect data (information actually"on people who are near death?

Reeks of cooking the books and building numbers to support an agenda....
Well, you can look at the absolute numbers as well.

We know that the average person dying of/with Covid was very old/and or very obese with 3+ comorbidities.

A person under 70 with no severe illness has no more chance of dying of Covid than flu.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:26 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It is estimated that 250,000 people die a year in the US through medical errors.

Easy to see an extra 300,000 more killed through panic, improper treatments like sending sick people into nursing homes and excessive use of ventilators.

Then the excess death under 70s can be jumped through drug and alcohol abuse.
Opioid crisis comes to mind.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:40 AM 05-25-2021
Let's gooooo baby!

The White House expects the US will reach a new milestone when it comes to vaccinations today with 50% of adults now fully vaccinated. As of Monday, the US was at 49.8% of adults fully vaccinated, according to CDC data.

— Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) May 25, 2021

[Reply]
Page 267 of 1866
« First < 167217257263264265266267 2682692702712773173677671267 > Last »
Up