ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 1866
« First < 63113153159160161162163 1641651661671732132636631163 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:56 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You conveniently ignored my point about behavior modification almost wiping out a different communicable disease.
It didn't wipe our flu.

Most of the experts are saying it is viral interference. When a new or relatively new strain of influenza or another respiratory disease appears in a population it can lower other endemic ones.

This was observed decades ago.

Face masks didn't stop flu. If they did why is there no flu in places with no facemasks?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:02 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Why would you ever consider me boring?
:-)
[Reply]
Donger 03:02 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It didn't wipe our flu.

Most of the experts are saying it is viral interference. When a new or relatively new strain of influenza or another respiratory disease appears in a population it can lower other endemic ones.

This was observed decades ago.

Face masks didn't stop flu. If they did why is there no flu in places with no facemasks?
Which experts? And, for that to be the case for why this year's flu season is virtually non-existent, we'd have to have a significant number of Americans (and humans) already infected with SARS-CoV-2.

Where are these places with no masks?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:06 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Which experts? And, for that to be the case for why this year's flu season is virtually non-existent, we'd have to have a significant number of Americans (and humans) already infected with SARS-CoV-2.

Where are these places with no masks?
Oh yes masks stopped the flu but not covid.. I love this take its one of my favorites!
[Reply]
Donger 03:07 PM 04-21-2021
Oh yes masks stopped the flu but not covid.. I love this take its one of my favorites!
Masks and mitigation efforts, plus flu vaccinations, yes.

How do you explain why thus year's flu season is so low globally?
[Reply]
Monticore 03:08 PM 04-21-2021
One is airborne one is droplet one has pre symptomatic spread one doesn’t, some of these minor differences an make a big difference when it come to being contagious.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:09 PM 04-21-2021
Masks and mitigation efforts, plus flu vaccinations, yes.

How do you explain why thus year's flu season is so low globally?
Dumb on purpose, carry on
[Reply]
Donger 03:10 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
One is airborne one is droplet one has pre symptomatic spread one doesn’t, some of these minor differences an make a big difference when it come to being contagious.
Not to mention that with the mitigation efforts, flu didn't get much of a chance to gain a foothold in the country like it normally does.
[Reply]
Donger 03:10 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Dumb on purpose, carry on
Non-answer, noted. At least you didn't try the "ALL THE FLU CASES ARE BEING COUNTED AS COVID CASES!!!" crap.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:12 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Oh you think COVID spread asymptomatically?
[Reply]
Monticore 03:12 PM 04-21-2021
Non-answer, noted. At least you didn't try the "ALL THE FLU CASES ARE BEING COUNTED AS COVID CASES!!!" crap.
They have combine the flu/covid test so it isn't like they haven't been testing for it either.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:13 PM 04-21-2021

Here's one instance where a Canuck isn't on the "left" of an issue.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:15 PM 04-21-2021
pre-symptomatic , you can be contagious 48 hrs before developing symptoms which is not the case for influenza also symptoms vary greatly so, people are less likely to isolate/wear mask for case of diarrhea as they would for know flu symptoms (coughing/fever/etc..)
[Reply]
Donger 03:15 PM 04-21-2021
Yes, it is. Not exclusively.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:20 PM 04-21-2021
The whole asymptomatic scare was based on a Chinese woman that was supposedly spreading it without symptoms.

Find out she had symptoms and was taking medication to suppress but it helped give then a reason to lock down the healthy.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 1866
« First < 63113153159160161162163 1641651661671732132636631163 > Last »
Up