ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Jack Reacher
Ubeja Vontell 12:22 AM 09-10-2019
I discovered Lee Childs Jack Reacher stories about 10 years ago, what a great read. Usually we find Reacher hitch hiking, as he wanders the USA, somebody will eventually pick him up despite having a hulkish look at 6-6 260ish. And our story begins.

When I heard there was going to be a movie, yep, excited. But........Tom Cruise? How can the 5-8 170 (guessing) sell the huge Jack Reacher? In the stories the size of Reacher is a constant, we get it.....big bad hombre. Tom Cruise a big bad hombre......nay!

X pro rassler/current actor Dave Batista.....perfect.

If a movie is based on a literary character why not stay as close as possible to the story?

I guess the worst casting job ever was John Wayne as Ghanghis Ghan, What were they thinking?
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:19 AM 02-07-2022
I stayed up till about 2am last night watching all of these. I like them and is much more in line with what Jack Reacher was instead of Tom Cruise Jack Reacher.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:44 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It was a pretty good watch. I laughed at a shitton of the wisecracks from Reacher.

I was REALLY was not expecting this out of Roscoe.

Image: Not Safe for Work

Hooo boy.
I knew it was going to happen at some point by the way she was playing the character. Which reminds me; just about all of the acting in this is enjoyable. It's like watching an ensemble of character actors. Fun stuff. I'm even willing to overlook the horrible job some of them are doing of faking a Southern accent.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:14 AM 02-08-2022
It was a pretty good watch. I laughed at a shitton of the wisecracks from Reacher.

Image: Not Safe for Work

Hooo boy.
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I knew it was going to happen at some point by the way she was playing the character. Which reminds me; just about all of the acting in this is enjoyable. It's like watching an ensemble of character actors. Fun stuff. I'm even willing to overlook the horrible job some of them are doing of faking a Southern accent.
Got some perky ones. Needs to go into the next ranked celebrity one.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:09 PM 02-08-2022
Renewed.by Amazon for a 2nd season
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:36 AM 02-09-2022
Enjoyable watch, if a bit formulaic

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RockChalk 08:50 AM 02-09-2022
Binged it in a day. Enjoyed it.

Wonder which book they'll follow for S2
[Reply]
listopencil 10:50 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Enjoyable watch, if a bit formulaic

Spoiler!
Yeah. I noticed that. There is definitely some cheese in this sandwich but it's still tasty.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:34 PM 02-10-2022
This show is an 80s action movie stretched into 8 TV episodes and it's awesome. Give me some kickass fight scenes, tits just because and a few explosions and that's all you need.
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:18 AM 02-11-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
This show is an 80s action movie stretched into 8 TV episodes and it's awesome. Give me some kickass fight scenes, tits just because and a few explosions and that's all you need.
We really are a simple species
[Reply]
listopencil 10:33 AM 02-13-2022
Too bad Ubeja never lived to see this air. RIP
[Reply]
Bump 05:40 PM 02-19-2022
I watched the 1st episode last night, liked it. I was like is that fucking Thad Castle? yes it is
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:14 AM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Yeah. I noticed that. There is definitely some cheese in this sandwich but it's still tasty.
Which pretty much describes the novels to a T.

I really, really enjoyed the whole thing, especially the exposition in the finale. So many shows just totally skip, or barely gloss over that stuff these days.

Amazing job by Amazon.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:56 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Which pretty much describes the novels to a T.

I really, really enjoyed the whole thing, especially the exposition in the finale. So many shows just totally skip, or barely gloss over that stuff these days.

Amazing job by Amazon.
Yup.

Extremely cornball between gratuitously violent.

So....just like the books.

The problem with the books and why I eventually stopped reading them is that they're just awfully repetitive. Same thing every book. Oh sure, some difference in the details, but every story is basically the same.

Makes for a good limited serious and probably even a few seasons of it, but it does have a shelf life.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:02 PM 02-21-2022

Hooo boy.
My mind's eye impression of Roscoe was hotter. And for some reason a brunette.

Essentially Jessica Biel.

But Amazon Roscoe had a fantastic ass, so she's got that going for her. The rest was fairly underwhelming.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:49 AM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

Extremely cornball between gratuitously violent.

So....just like the books.

The problem with the books and why I eventually stopped reading them is that they're just awfully repetitive. Same thing every book. Oh sure, some difference in the details, but every story is basically the same.

Makes for a good limited serious and probably even a few seasons of it, but it does have a shelf life.
Same for me, I think I only read maybe three of them. Still, I'll be grateful for a couple three more seasons from Amazon like the first one.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up