ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Jack Reacher
Ubeja Vontell 12:22 AM 09-10-2019
I discovered Lee Childs Jack Reacher stories about 10 years ago, what a great read. Usually we find Reacher hitch hiking, as he wanders the USA, somebody will eventually pick him up despite having a hulkish look at 6-6 260ish. And our story begins.

When I heard there was going to be a movie, yep, excited. But........Tom Cruise? How can the 5-8 170 (guessing) sell the huge Jack Reacher? In the stories the size of Reacher is a constant, we get it.....big bad hombre. Tom Cruise a big bad hombre......nay!

X pro rassler/current actor Dave Batista.....perfect.

If a movie is based on a literary character why not stay as close as possible to the story?

I guess the worst casting job ever was John Wayne as Ghanghis Ghan, What were they thinking?
[Reply]
BigRichard 05:28 AM 12-03-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
New Jack Reacher series on Amazon. This guy certainly looks the part.

I actually like the looks of it... maybe a little cheesy but I can deal with it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:15 PM 02-04-2022
Never had anything to do with this platform, not out of choice but out of obliviousness. Not read any books, not seen any movies, . . . but the new series seems off to a promising start.

Sure, it's a potpourri of recycled tropes, but it's blended and balanced well.

Helps knowing the material is based on existing canon, not some seat-of-the-pants adaptation.

Kind of like watching an airport novel.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:06 PM 02-04-2022
Almost finished with the season. I’ve read most of the books, this guy definitely fits the part.

If you like Jack Reacher I recommend taking a look at The Terminal List coming out in April on Amazon Prime. Jack Carr is a former Navy Seal and has walked the walk so the series is like a more accurate/realistic Jack Reacher.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:25 PM 02-05-2022
Watched the first episode. It was fun, enjoyable. I'll give the series a try.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:42 PM 02-05-2022
Not familiar with the books but enjoying the series. I'd say it's standard Amazon quality, comparable to Goliath or Bosch or Jack Ryan.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02-05-2022, 07:44 PM
This message has been deleted by keg in kc. Reason: Dupe
Easy 6 08:03 PM 02-05-2022
Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

You can't just buy a decent cable package, and occasionally go to the movies to see anything worthwhile anymore... the future is here, and I hate its guts
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:29 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

You can't just buy a decent cable package, and occasionally go to the movies to see anything worthwhile anymore... the future is here, and I hate its guts
Well, cable you had to pay a premium for a bunch of channels you may not even watch.

I have a Verizon unlimited plan so Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ are all included for free.

I watch Netflix the most often so it's well worth the cost for me.

Amaon Prime means free shipping so that's well worth the price.

I happen to have "free" cable/internet through my HOA. Not truly free since clearly some of the HOA fees go towards the cost, but I do pay an extra $20 a month for increased 500/500 speeds.

So long story short I have Netflix, Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and basic cable all for not that much. I can watch whatever I want with far more options than I used to have back in the day watching Satellite TV growing up in my parents' house. I can watch what's live on Cable or watch countless TV programs or movies on demand streaming. If there is a TV show on HBO Max or Paramount + or some other network I can get a one month subscription to binge watch the show and whatever else may be of interest before the month expires and I cancel my membership.

Idk, doesn't sound all that bad to me.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:36 PM 02-05-2022
I’ve finished four episodes so far. It’s really good. Funny moments, intriguing, and suspenseful.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:47 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’ve finished four episodes so far. It’s really good. Funny moments, intriguing, and suspenseful.
Wife insisted to keep binging. 5 episodes in. Well done TV. Interesting, suspense is good. Twists are not TV stupid. Funny when it tries. Worth the time so far.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:34 AM 02-06-2022
I just by chance watched the movie (with Tom Cruise) yesterday. Never seen any Jack Reacher stuff before, but I did like the movie. I think I'll give this series a spin for sure.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:52 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

Meh, I like the choice of paying for content that I actually want to see without being forced to subsidize crap channels on cable that I literally never watched.

I get HBO Max included in my ATT Fiber, Amazon Prime I pay for just to get the fast shipping, so any video content is a bonus. All the other streaming services I sign up for and watch when they have somthing I'm actually interested in watching, then cancel when I finish.

Much, much, much better than cable. I might spend $30/month on streaming options with a much broader seletion than I ever got for cable, and that crap starts at like $80/month now.
[Reply]
kc rush 08:16 AM 02-06-2022
Watched through it all in one day.

Enjoyed it overall, thought it was cheesy in some places.

I need to reread Killing Floor now since there was a lot that I had forgotten.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:21 AM 02-06-2022
This show isn't breaking new ground as BL said, but it is enjoyable.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:35 AM 02-06-2022
It took a bit to not see Reacher as Thad Castle, but once I took him more seriously it was a good quick watch
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:12 PM 02-06-2022
It was a pretty good watch. I laughed at a shitton of the wisecracks from Reacher.

I was REALLY was not expecting this out of Roscoe.

Image: Not Safe for Work

Hooo boy.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up