ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 70
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:05 PM 07-20-2019
Spoiler!

Edit: trailer's online

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:38 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Spoiler!

Goosebumps
[Reply]
Bowser 02:54 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Spoiler!

Niiiiice
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:23 PM 07-20-2019
Ok this is exciting. Please don’t screw it up.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:39 PM 07-20-2019
I'm crying.

They nailed this.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:45 PM 07-20-2019
"This Facility Has Gone 5843 Days Without an Assimilation"
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:50 PM 07-20-2019
Good on Jeri Ryan for getting back in the saddle.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:02 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Good on Jeri Ryan for getting back in the saddle.
And she's STILL hot af
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:35 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And she's STILL hot af
She's a rare woman. Frankly she's hotter now.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:19 PM 07-20-2019
I did not expect to see her. Looks terrific.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:55 PM 07-20-2019
Double hard on. Ryan looks great.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:59 PM 07-20-2019
That looks fucking excellent.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:21 PM 07-20-2019
This looks great. I didn’t watch Voyager much, so how did seven of nine know Picard?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:28 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
This looks great. I didn’t watch Voyager much, so how did seven of nine know Picard?
Seven joined Starfleet upon her arrival/return to the Alpha Quadrant. As far as I know, she never had direct interaction with Picard in any of the novels that followed.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:34 PM 07-20-2019
I was like, "Ehhhh.... looks fine. I'll probably watch it I suppose..."

Then Jeri Ryan showed up. And i legit fanboy squealed. And I thought, "I'm definitely going to check it out! Looks great!"

Then Data fucking showed up at the end and I just about pissed myself with excitement.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 70
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up