ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 70
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:08 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
At least Matt Cassel went 27 TDs and 7 INTs that one year. That was beautiful, too.
:-)

It's interesting how they already teased the next season in the middle of this one.

They must know how bad it is. It also makes me think this season is ending on a cliffhanger.

The Jurati shit is going to fuck up the TL when they get back and Picard hauls the Enterprise and the old crew out of mothballs to fix this shit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:59 AM 05-01-2022
how the fuck are they getting home :-)

#Q
[Reply]
Bowser 09:54 AM 05-01-2022
Riker is going to take his armada of 200 identical battleships and slingshot around the sun to go pick them up.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:48 PM 05-01-2022
Yeah, this season is definitely ending on a cliffhanger.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:17 PM 05-03-2022
ugh

[Reply]
Jamie 09:25 PM 05-03-2022
For some reason I don't think they'll end on a cliffhanger, but if they do I think I know what they're setting up.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 09:30 PM 05-03-2022
Lazy melodramatic turd...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:43 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
For some reason I don't think they'll end on a cliffhanger, but if they do I think I know what they're setting up.
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Wow, just totally creatively bankrupt.

And season one was so good.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:02 PM 05-05-2022
I did like the closing of the 30+ year Q/Picard story line and arc.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:29 AM 05-06-2022
Well, at least the Picard/Q final scenes in that episode were great. Really the payoff for the season.

The rest of that finale was kind of all over the place, which is what you've kind of come to expect with this show. I guess they at least pretty much closed off the arcs of all the characters from the first two seasons to set up the TNG cast's return in S3. Also that Wesley Crusher cameo was completely out of nowhere.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:24 AM 05-06-2022
I immediately thought of all the people that hated Wesley becoming omnipotent and laughed. Glad he did that cameo.

And yeah, the majority of that season was all over the place. Didn't HATE it, but it should have been so much more.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:47 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Lazy melodramatic turd...
You mean it was pretty much classic Star Trek.

Sure it had it's shitty moments, pretty much like most Star Trek ever, but the payoff with Picard/Q was worth it IMHO. Again, like most Star Trek.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:58 PM 05-16-2022

[Reply]
Bowser 08:31 PM 05-16-2022
Good vid, and interesting.

I came away from that with a little more understanding as to why Kurtzman is so loathed - he's apparently that Hollywood egomaniac that thinks he's smarter than the product he's trying to sell. Like he's above it and going elevate it. Not so much.

And I'm looking forward to the last ride of Picard's crew.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:27 AM 05-22-2022
Finally forced myself to finish the season. It was like taking a troublesome, sweaty shit. The joy is in the completion rather than the process. So sick of cutting away to the wussy little French boy yelling 'Maman' every 10 or 15 minutes. Hopefully that's over. Hopefully all of the clumsy exploration of Picard's mommy issues are done and the next season can just be a modern take on a ST:TNG year long story arc.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 70
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up