ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 172
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:13 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Anyone given Outer Range a shot, yet? I'm two episodes in, and I've already reached the WTF place. Josh Brolin is a very underrated performer and pulls off the surly rancher persona perfectly.
On my list, but about 3-4 shows from starting it.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 06:36 PM 05-22-2022
The 3rd season of Love, Death, and Robots is out on Netflix. I watched the first two stories last night and they were great but I was pretty stoned.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:05 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
The guys wanted to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and try ALL THE SAUCES.
Taste clusters exploding!!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:34 AM 05-23-2022
Elizabeth Perkins is getting up there, barely recognized her.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:17 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
The 3rd season of Love, Death, and Robots is out on Netflix. I watched the first two stories last night and they were great but I was pretty stoned.
I'm excited to watch it. The moment i get some "ME" time with the T.V this will most certainly be what i put on.

Loved the 1st season. Enjoyed the 2nd season but thought it had too few episodes.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 06:45 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm excited to watch it. The moment i get some "ME" time with the T.V this will most certainly be what i put on.

Loved the 1st season. Enjoyed the 2nd season but thought it had too few episodes.
Episode 3 kind of sucked,
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:57 AM 05-24-2022
So wild to even contemplate the variables here. Hard to imagine a more sure-fire thing simultaneously being such an enormous gamble.

So many resources invested in what seems like a last gasp of a dying paradigm, . . . I mean when the was last time anyone even uttered the phrase 'big-budget network television programming?'

[Reply]
BigRichard 04:54 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
So wild to even contemplate the variables here. Hard to imagine a more sure-fire thing simultaneously being such an enormous gamble.

So many resources invested in what seems like a last gasp of a dying paradigm, . . . I mean when the was last time anyone even uttered the phrase 'big-budget network television programming?'

That looks really good and I love Steve Howey in Shameless. And Ginger Gonzaga is hot as hell.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:58 AM 05-26-2022
Taste clusters exploding!!
It’s the algorithm.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:59 AM 05-26-2022
Been watching The Offer on paramount plus, its about the making of The Godfather. I am really liking it a lot.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:41 PM 05-27-2022
One show I've been pleasantly surprised with is 'I Love That for You'

It's on Showtime, about 4 or so [1/2hr] eps in.

Don't know how this particular metric will register with others, but the key is that co-creators/writers/producers include Michael Showalter and Jessi Klein.

They are each shaping up to be two of the very tops for sitcom/dramedy writing. So much of what they're involved with has that certain snap that keeps you interested and crisp lines that crack you up.

The humor in this is the little details, so you have to pay attention to enjoy it. The meta-story isn't all that groundbreaking, and Vanessa Bayer and Molly Shannon and certainly the situation of fashion and home-shopping isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the visuals and the little lines of snark and the patter is what will make you laugh.

And Jenifer Lewis is at the top of her game, comedically and dramatically in equal measure.

If you go to the Showtime channel on youtube - attached to the trailer above if you can't find it otherwise, they even have the first two episodes for free streaming. . .
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:14 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Been watching The Offer on paramount plus, its about the making of The Godfather. I am really liking it a lot.
Thanks for the recommend/reminder.

Just seen one episode, and I entered it with a lot of trepidation. That era of movies and those people making them is hallowed ground for me, sure that's no secret. The era approximately from Bonnie and Clyde, through the first two Godfathers, Barry Lyndon, Apocalypse Now, French Connection, Conversation, Conformist, Badlands, American Graffiti, Chinatown, right up through The Deerhunter where everything started getting eclipsed by blockbusters [Star Wars, Jaws] was golden age, and Robert Evans is a singularly fascinating figure in the center of it all.

And it almost goes without saying that The Godfather is the summit of all of that.

Goode's portrayal of Evans thus far has gone a long way in easing my trepidation. If it weren't so good, I don't think I could abide watching, . . and it is certainly the standout aspect of that first episode.
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:52 AM 05-28-2022
Someone else might have mentioned it in here but I will give a thumbs up to "The Kingdom". If you like zombie shows/movies it is pretty good. You probably shouldn't watch with the English dub and subtitles as it will drive you nuts. The english words spoken aren't the same as the subtitles. They have a bit of a twist with the zombies that make it a bit more interesting.

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:28 AM 05-28-2022
One show I've been pleasantly surprised with is 'I Love That for You'

It's on Showtime, about 4 or so [1/2hr] eps in.

Don't know how this particular metric will register with others, but the key is that co-creators/writers/producers include Michael Showalter and Jessi Klein.

They are each shaping up to be two of the very tops for sitcom/dramedy writing. So much of what they're involved with has that certain snap that keeps you interested and crisp lines that crack you up.

The humor in this is the little details, so you have to pay attention to enjoy it. The meta-story isn't all that groundbreaking, and Vanessa Bayer and Molly Shannon and certainly the situation of fashion and home-shopping isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the visuals and the little lines of snark and the patter is what will make you laugh.

And Jenifer Lewis is at the top of her game, comedically and dramatically in equal measure.

If you go to the Showtime channel on youtube - attached to the trailer above if you can't find it otherwise, they even have the first two episodes for free streaming. . .
I was thinking about watching that. Looks interesting. I liked Vanessa Bayer on SNL.
[Reply]
Jenson71 04:32 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I was geared up to pulling the trigger on Paramount+ for this purpose. But the early reviews deterred me. The trailer also looked really . . . fantastical, or exaggerated.

I'm very willing to be persuaded to jump in.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 172
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Up